CF Os Belenenses Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Sagres Clubs' started by Força Sporting, Dec 13, 2006.

1. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
    1-0 loss to Bayern away in Munich. Belenenses have a chance in the return!!!!!!!!!!!

2. the number three

Jul 22, 2007
    New Bedford, MA
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'll have to beat Bayern at home 2-0 or 1-0 and take it to penalties where anything can happen. Very very tough.

3. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Well Belem is out losing 2-0 at home. Up until a lapse on the D in giving Luca Toni some room for the 1-0, Belenenses was giving Bayern a run for their money.

They played very well considering Bayern's bench salary is probably is richer then the whole side from Belem.

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    José Pedro renovou ontem.

A two year addition to his contract.

ROLANDO ,AMARAL, & RUBEN all possibly on the way out in January.

5. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    hello, im from the chinese part of the bigsoccer forum and im looking for how to get some information about the Belenenses Junior team coz have a Chinese Goalkeeper there, someone know how i can get some news about him? thanks in advance ;)

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Recorde-se que Meyong chegou ao Restelo por empréstimo do Levante mas não podia jogar pois já tinha actuado pelos valencianos e pelo Albacete - os regulamentos da FIFA apenas permitem a utilização de um jogador por 2 clubes numa mesma época. Depois de o camaronês entrar (e marcar) frente à Naval, o Belenenses acabou por ser punido com derrota no encontro e mais 3 pontos de penalização.

The Meyong case

Belenenses lost 6 points because he was innegible to play this season, having already represented two clubs.

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    At least the League sorted this out now and not at the end of the season where potential relegation or European competition spot could be at stake.

9. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Funny how things turned out, keeping in mind the Mateus case :)

10. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Lille interested in Silas .

11. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Jankauskas is in Lisbon to negotiate a contract. Unlike Meyong, he'll be able to play :)

12. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
    Portuguese Liga outfit CF Os Belenenses have signed Lithuanian international striker Edgaras Jankauskas from Cypriot side AEK Larnaca FC. The 32-year-old, capped 51 times by his country, arrives at the Lisbon club with a wealth of experience after spells in eight different countries, including Portugal where he played for SL Benfica and FC Porto. The details of the transfer were undisclosed.

No doubt a great Signing

With Ze Pedro in great form expect goals from him.

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

U. Leiria1-2 Belenenses . Weldon scored both goals. Climbing to the fifth position in the table.

14. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    A loss at home. Costinha saw the red card and a pk.

Belenenses 2-1 Maritimo

15. reawder

reawder New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    What's new about the -6 points penalty appeal? Is there any final decision?

16. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Nothing's finalized yet, but I'd venture to guess that 6 points is all they gonna lose. Great win last week , beating V. Setubal 5-0 and solidifying the fifth place.

17. reawder

reawder New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Thank your for answering.

What do you mean by "6 points is all they gonna lose"? 6 points isn't enough penalty? Is there a chance for even greater punishment?

The championship is about to end. When will they decide about this issue? Is that good for the Portuguese football?

18. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    The 6 points is what the federation said will cost Belenenses. Is it enough ? In my opinion , yes.

19. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It knocks them out of a UEFA Cup spot which they were really gunning for this year so yeah it's a strong punishment.

20. reawder

reawder New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Pitty they loose the uefa cup spot that way, but from what I've heard, it seems to be the right decision. I don't think they should get a greater penalty, I just wish that the federation had decide a lot earlier.

Anyway, I wish the best of luck for Belenenses and I hope they will do even better next year. Thank you all for answering my questions.

21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    João Paulo Oliveira extends contract 'til 2011.

[​IMG]

On the way out: Ruben Amorin, across town to SL Benfica on a 5 year deal

22. Kipulu

Kipulu New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Mano

Sorry if this has been asked before but can someone give me an opinion on Mano please?

Does he still play for the Portuguese U21's or any other youth set up and do you think he will gain a permanant aprt in his club team?

Kipulu

23. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    China to sign for the blues.
    No news yet on who will be the new coach.

24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    The new coach is former Nacional manager Casemiro Mior