Cesc, Drugs and Rock 'n Roll! - NSROT [16 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Midfield was horrible too. Gerrard and Lampard don't work. So why did we play them both in this crucial match?

2. wxcblue

wxcblue Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Cardiff, Wales
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    i don't think barry should've been taken off, gerrard didn't have a good game but at least he seemed to be trying, lampard was just awful, everytime he had the ball he gave it away

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tomorrow I write Chemistry.
    It's my last science exam ever.
    I don't think anybody can imagine how much I hate the subject - I was on the verge of needing psycology sessions because of the grief it caused me.

Tomorrow, at 11am, when the exam is finished - it is not going to be pretty. I'm taking a lighter with me, to burn my book there and then at school.

And then it is PARTAYYY time!!!

Oh, and did I mention I am severely severely under prepared??:confused:

4. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    Good luck. We're all pulling for you.

5. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Haha, I've never had a rant summed up pre-emptively b4!
    The NFL game had little to do with the state of the field, it's been terrible since day one.
    Man ish went so crazy at work I haven't even been thinking much on the rant, and now skizz taking a sabbatical/mental health month!!!!

WTMF

6. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the world seems bleak on that side of the pond, case.

7. bitman16

bitman16 Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Short question, is anybody playing Fifa08 online on PC?
    I had a idea we could do a BS-Tournament or something like that!

8. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I play FIFA08 online on PS3...but I guess that doesn't help much.

9. bitman16

bitman16 Member

Jan 10, 2007
    na i don't think that would work ;)

Do you have PES2008 to? Or are you a Fifa-Player for life! :D
    What do you think of it?

10. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've had...

FIFA 03
    then...
    PES 3
    then...
    FIFA 06
    then...
    PES 6
    then...
    FIFA 08 (PS3)

When I first bought FIFA 08, I didn't like it compared to PES6, but I soon got used to it. I have preferred FIFA over the years though.

11. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gerrard was nowhere for Croatias 3rd goal. He did one decent thing in the game and that was an interception.

12. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So I finally got a 360 today. *thumbs up*

I can't connect to xbox live in any way shape or form. *thumbs down*

I'm not dragging my xbox into the office where the main router and computer are. *thumbs down*

I may shell out a sh!tload of money for a new wireless network adapter, or one that is at least compatible with this dumb console, so I can connect. *thumbs down*

Maybe a trip to gamestop tomorrow? *thumbs up* Again? *thumbs down*

13. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I feel sorry for a whiny little bitch with no integrity....
    That’s right guys; the anticipated “Case rant about McSven and England’s 2008 failure” has somehow morphed into a Joe Cole apology. Well, not quite, and I’m sure I’ll get to the McSven rantings (don’t I always!!!), but I do feel strongly about the contemporarily-uncharacteristic honour displayed by JC. Now many of you may know I’ve not been Cole’s biggest fan since his Cheatski move from WHU, the shorts pulled to his armpits, Britpop hair, diving and strops all made him a contemptible little shit who was no more than a footballing mouthpiece for Abramovich’s evil empire and unacceptable strategies. But this kid is always, deep down, the same guy who was the inspirational “next big thing” that my father admired so. My dad and I did clash on a few soccer beliefs (showboat Vs class etc), but my old man was very right when he spotted and sang the praises of Joe Cole since he was an upcoming teen in those U15 internationals back in the mid-late 90, and as much as his new-found persona grates me, he has on occasion delivered with 3 lions on his chest.
    This past Wednesday, the abomination at the abomination that dares steal the name from the TRUE Wembley, Joe left the whiny little bitch attitude at the door as he proceeded to take the game to the Croats in a Becks-esque way (whilst Becks himself sat on the bench wondering if any individual has ever fallen in and out of public and professional favour as dramatically and regularly as he has). In a completely inept team, Cole was one of the few bright spots as he dribbled the ball across the pot-holes lumps and puddles that the joke field prevented, with more skill and ability than half the England starters that day have shown on their best highlights on PES2008.... How infuriating then for Cole, when he turns up again at his day job, having pushed his heart thru his chest trying to drag a sub-par nation to the promised land, to face the indignity of an employer who himself openly BRIBED his opponents to victory over his country. Cole must have been absolutely sickened, perhaps evening spitting on Roman’s signature before cashing his £100,000 weekly pay check.....
    So McSven out, well woop-de-********ing-do! Pretty sure that’s too little too late, what other industry would wait until an employee with executive power took the firm under before removing them? And even then the spineless coward wasn’t forthcoming with the truth, daring to state that “no excuses, but results didn’t go our way”...well, OUR results didn’t go our way, but who’s to blame for that?!?! But I’m sure Andorra need to take a long hard look at themselves for not beating Russia.....
    From the get-go Wednesday night seemed doomed, as McSven proved his irraticism by selecting some real second choice jobbers. Carson in goal was a disaster waiting to happen, his international experience consisting as a spectator’s role on the field against a jabroni opponent in a pointless friendly a few days prior. Goalkeeping, at the highest level in the biggest games, is more about attitude and personality than anything else. Iker Casillas, the world’s greatest goalkeeper, is heavily over-rated, mostly by himself, but it’s HIS disillusion that he cannot be beaten that has made him so formidable from day 1, when he combined puberty with a spectacular 11hour debut in a Champions League final all those years ago. Carson has proven himself “decent” at best, his abilities summed up by his former employers stance “he’s on an equal par” with a starting keeper who never gives them a look-in, that means the club wants shot of him but is saying the right stuff to inflate his market value. Micah Richards at right back, good shout, got one right, in what has to be the WORST defensive line selected for an England team in a decade. Solitude Campbell is 5 years past a shaky prime, and Jolean Lescott is woeful in the greatest time of what will end up being an un-impressive career. Wayne Bridge, well, he’s NEVER been an international quality defender, and has rightfully be out of the picture for a while, bringing this chump back proved as big a mistake as I suggested by the volume I was shouting at my TV screen...
    Reliably it’s been shown that G and lamps DO NOT function together, and whilst this seems a non-sensical paradox, it does appear that Fat Franks delusions of attacking grandeur and alpha personality asserts itself over the more submissive G, who ends up sitting pointlessly wasted in the centre circle showing none of the drive or attacking flare he’s picked to display. The un-expected success of Gareth Barry as an international centre-midfielder revolved around him sitting and allowing G to attack, and whilst Barry by no means had his worst game against the Croats, he suffered without reliable outlet balls to wide midfielders on a day that the pitch compromised any passes below certainty. Saying that, his execution from the MANY set-pieces in the first half made you lustfully wish the REAL England no7 was out there and not on the bench getting disrespected, one can only imagine Becks has been punished for mocking McSven as an ugly balding ginger back when he was the no 2 (as now he is A no2!!!) at Man U... This leads me to an aside about the pro’s and con’s of tradition Vs heritage with squad no’s for international players, it seems somehow more respectful to those internationals of other countries that have their own squad no’s throughout their careers, although they perhaps don’t have the history of jersey no’s as we do....
    Finishing off the selections, we have a “front 3” of Joe Cole, Peter Crouch and SWP. SWP has repeatedly looked out of his depth for England, in spite of his occasional goals, and IF the speedy winger was the way to go then there are clearly options who have either proven to look more accomplished (Ashley Young, Bentley) or at least have looked better at club level (Walcott, Routledge). Personnel wise, the team sheet was a farce, despite peeps personal hatred for the guy, Ashley Cole has reliably proven himself as England’s best defender in the past 7 years, and JT, injured or not, is one of a stable of centre-halves who I’d pick ahead of Solitude or Lescott without asking if they could even walk. However it’s perhaps TACTICALLY that McSven really tried his hardest to throw the game.
    So injuries to the roon and Owe-no have made u feel Crouch starts, which in truth he may warrant on merit even if both were fit. The idea that without those 2 we have zero forwards worthy of a start is frightening, but given the bench it’d appear valid. It was only watching the prem results come in today and hearing all these strikers haven’t been abducted by aliens that I was infuriated further than even before. Hearing that T-Dub was stretchered off after getting clattered by Heskey shows that right there 2 English players in far better form that either of the “Ballare Strikers” (DBent/Mr Charlotte Meares) were fit enough to play...
    But either way, u decide to play one big lone striker, and leave the best deliverer of a ball in the nation’s history on the bench...It’s like McSven had no idea Becks played almost 2 years holding centrally in a 5 man midfield for Real, doing the job that Gareth Barry tried his hand at for the first time in his career....But the tactics of going 4-3-3, which for once we actually did, shows amazing naivety. Now I’m the worst person in the world when it comes to writing off other nations as chumps, I truly believe England should beat 90% of opponents without paying them much mind, BUT when you’re up against a team that’s atop of Euro Qualifying group they can obviously play, and the one thing you CANNOT do is play with NO REGARD to how you’ll play out of possession, especially when you’re unfamiliar and 2nd choice defence lacks speed or authority. Carson’s ineptness aside, the first goal, as so much of Croatia’s promising play came when the front 3 committed forward leaving vacuous gaps in front of the full-backs. All game they had this area of the field as an outlet, and with Lamps and even G pushing forward, huge spaces were available for out balls that the tidy Croat forward players could use to play their way out like they were some kind of arsenal-Barca lovechild...
    The ignorant imbecile that is Mark Lawrenson tried to make out that the “Mickey mouse nfl game” had ruined the pitch, well, like my mate pointed out it clearly won’t have helped matters, but let’s be honest, any1 who saw the opening game when we played the Italian U21s it was obvious the grass was shocking, and has cut up in 30 mins every time I seen it. The rain was hardcore, but the worst section of the field was visibly outside the NFL sideline, proving that the turf could not hold up to guys standing around doing nothing, let alone sporting activity....
    Back to the weather, it was awful, but in truth settled down to a nice surface by the 2nd half. What really set the tone was the pathetic cowardess of McSven, who stood there brolly in hand cowering from the rain as much as the situation and the media. During the national anthem even toffee nosed Wills stood there strong and proud, despite his royalty he stood braving the elements when one might expect an aide dutifully holding an umbrella over his royal rug. Of all the jobs an international manager needs to do, lead by example and inspire a team that SHOULD pick itself is the main, and how u gonna do that cowering from a bit of water like he’s gonna dissolve...
    Overtime, my passion for this rant has itself dissolved, diluted by melancholic ambivalence, and the sheer patheticism of McSven had me almost feeling sorry for the chumpster as he did his post-marching orders press-conference. But then when he refused to even have the manity to admit why he didn’t resign, making an elaborate ruse instead of simply admitting he’d lost a butt load of cheddar if he forfeited the contract...
    I suppose at some level I should blame myself, after all I got all carried away at 2-2, making notes for a similar blog only reminding readers not too buy into the hype, that the mug in charge of the ship was still exactly that, even had he scraped thru qualification by virtue of beating a qualified team with nowt to play for....telling all u previous Becks haters to go eat one, u don’t deserve to share in MY victory and how I was right all along....I was thinking how exactly to word my new facebook group about deporting anyone who didn’t do the Crouchy Robot in celebration this Friday night....So yea, I take some blame for jinxing things, and I’m not gonna whine about results not going our way....
    As the polish lad I’ve known since nursery skool pointed out (id be polish right now, tho he does still wear the 3 lions with pride and feels the pan as do I, even if he is a plastic Cheatski fan!), we’ll be 30+ by the time the boys next play a competitive game, and it’s more than likely that everybodies hero, Sir David of Beckingham, is done. Sure, he may get a sympathy 100 cap in a pointless friendly he’ll prolly have to arrange himself in the states, but that will be it, a career ended slogging his guts out against the crippling incompetency of a man spitting on the hand he’s slapping him in the face with. It almost makes u think Lineker got a respectful send-off.....

14. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    F U C K....M E! That is some rant! I'll read that when I'm sober!

15. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    I diss Lescott, u won't like it!!!

16. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think case and i were seperated at birth. (maybe not, i don't wear du-rags.) but honestly i agreed with about 98.8% of what you said.

17. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Un-Impressive? The guy's awesome. You really need to watch him a great deal more to form a better opinion of him. Everton are the most underrated team going.

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I couldnt even be arsed to read that rant!

Lescott is a good player. I used to watch him play loads for Wolves and he was always head and shoulders above the rest of the team. Im glad he got to have his chance in the prem and with England.

Plus you have to give him rep for his Nike ID in Wolves colours back in the day!

[​IMG]

appleCORR

19. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    i must say, i dont think lescott is even in the same league as terry, ferdinand, woodgate, carragher or king. i personally dont even think he's a good as dawson.

i do admit, i care about as much for the england team as i do for having to watch eastenders with my missus. i never have followed them really, the only time i have a remote interest in them if it features any spurs players in it. the decision to drop robinson for me was completely laughable, especially seeing as robbo is starting to come back in to a bit of form. james is not the answer, robbo still has his best years in front of him for me. the press have made him how he's been over the past year or so and his confidence has been shot to pieces. im sick and tired of the inclusion of carthorses like wes brown.

im also unsure as to why lennon is all of a sudden out of the picture? again, never put a foot wrong in an england shirt. i know im biased, but id have king in there as well when he's fit again as well. and seeing as we seem to be giving any old shite a run out in midfield, why not stick jenas in there, again coming into a bit of form, never given a chance.

none of this of course will make a difference, everyone has their favourates.

20. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I guess you think that diver Defoe should start up front as well. :rolleyes:

21. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Sorry but whatever the guys done at club, it was made abundantly clear in his recent caps that Lescott really hasn't a clue at this level. The way he got drawn into Campbell's man, then backed off then stood still for the 2nd goal was painful, something u may see when say a Rooney has tracked back but has never thought about what to do there....True I ain't watched him for Everton, but i have watched Everton when he's played, which to me suggests he hasn't stuck out, so what if he looked good for wolves!!! Only Steve Bull can claim to have been a wolves player and still a good international. Rememebr One size Fitz Hall looked a class apart in the championship but couldn't cut it when came to he dance...NikeID pimp or not, u got Leds, Steven Taylor, and a truck load of guys with athleticm that'd be a better shout.
    Everton are underrated, and P Nev and AJ should have been ahead of Bridge and DBent.
    Spurs players, hmm, well Lennon defn proved himself over SWP, Jenas has been given many caps off the bench but then thats usually as a striker which ain't where he plays at Spurs, tho for me u got many guys who do what he does only better (Carrick, Ze Lion, Reo Coker etc).
    Winds me up to see Konchesky, yet another player proved to be better than Bridge, playing footy still...Id assumed they'd all had career ending injuries!

I can't believe that girl, "I couldn't even be arsed to read that rant", and to think I spent 2 minutes of my life watching your janette molby skillz video....

22. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's all about Arsenal really! And what a day of football it was yesterday!

Arsenal pull off a win...
    Man Utd lose...
    Essien gets suspended for the Arsenal match...

And then if the day couldn't have gotten any better, it did - in a BIG BIG way!!

Case, I was excited to come to London in January. Please tell me the ladies there are more friendly then Apps...

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Haaaaaaaa, not funny!!

I did see a big cut out Cesc in my local Adidas store yesterday modelling the new Spain home kit. I dread to think what R&W would have done it it!

appleCORR

24. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    terrible week for english footy, then as a south african fan of a team who merely reside here I can see why u wudn't care....

As for girls here, well it depends I guess, I mean women seem to be REAL friendlt to skizzle from what I hear....strangley not so to me....*looks at durag, looks back*...strangely....

25. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Damnit! It would surely be cheaper then a Cesc wallbanger?? I must have one!

Well I look forward to sharing some South African loving with them. The day will be for footy and shopping, and the night shall be partayyy ;)

Any recommendations of clubs etc? Altho I'm sure Bigg would be the ideal candidate to share...