central americas in/to colombian league

Discussion in 'Central America' started by crzdcolombian, Jun 11, 2007.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I noticed that the only centeral american country that has players in the colombian league is Panama which I find werid considering colombians have coached guatamala,honduras,panama and costa rica.

I am wondering what u guys think of our league and why u think u guys arent in it?

Id def prefer any Centeral american in front of an overly expensive argie or brasilian. 1st off ur cheaper, hungier to succedded and its nice to see foriegn players in ur league getting called up for and doing well for their country. Panama has 6+ players who are on the NT that play or played in the colombian league.

any way I hope that the colombian league starts to branch out because the uruguayan league that is poorer than ours even has african players.

2. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
    I like colombian soccer, nice style. I have no idea why so few central american players are in colombian teams.

Good luck with Pinto he coached my team and my NT, you need what it takes to make it to the WC.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pinto is a hardass... u f up once and he wont like u any more... he is very strict and hard and has an attacking mentality .. I LOVE HIM :)

there are so many colombian players that are god like but have no love for the team and wont bleed for the colors, if pinto sees this in u he wont call u up like Tessor moreno who is black listed after coming to a practice 1hr late. He calls players out no matter who they are like Ivan Cordoba who is a captain in Inter Milan. he said ur playin left back or ur not on the team... dont no whats going to happen there tho. Also we played uruguay and went down to 10 min after 10 mins and the team keep pressuring and attacking... he didnt bunker at all he wanted a win... thats a good quality.

any way back to the topic yea I want some of these teams to have players in colombia. I hear alot of these leagues r semi proffessional, so players wouldnt cost much and it would be nice to see more NT players in our league. I havent seen many games but Id love Panamas goalie in the colombian league as I think he is getting alot worse being in spains 3rd divison.

I am hoping that after the gold cup and w/ the recommendation of colombian coachs we might see some CA players in our league. I know alot go to MLS but thats about it... think some SA countries should start opening their doors to these players.

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    En Chile hemos tenido un par de jugadores centroamericanos.
    Actualmente juega Pablo Melgar (Guate.) en el CDA.

Anteriormente Jorge Dely Valdes (Panama) jugo en Union Espanola y un compatriota suyo--Carlos Maldonado creo que se llamaba--jugo en Deportes Iquique. Actualmente, hay uno de la Sub20 panamenha entrenando con Magallanes (3era div.).

El 1er goleador "extranjero" del futbol chileno fue un tico: Hernan Bolanhos. Tambien jugo Alonso Solis en la Sub19 y reserva de la UC.

Si quieren hablar de CONCACAF en general, en este momento tenemos 3 gringos: Hilgenbrink en Nublense (siendo sondeado por asistentes de Bradley para jugar por EE.UU.); Kennedy (Municipal Iquique, 2nda) y Countess (Provincial Osorno, 2nda).

Aqui les tengo una lista completa de los estadounidenses que han jugado en Chile:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10738077&postcount=30

Metro

5. Texian Soldier

Texian Soldier New Member

May 3, 2007
    I suspect the main reason why there are not that many Hondurans playing in Colombia is a combo of the player's agents having a preference to send players to Uruguay or the Mexican 2nd division and the Colombian teams not actively scouting the region agressively.

If I'm not mistaken there are a couple of agents who have a hammerlock on most of the talent there and they almost always send Honduran footballers to one of these two places.

In fact I can only think of one player off the top of my head who played in Honduras who played in Colombia, and he wasn't even Honduran. He was a midfielder named Alvaro Izquierdo who played for Atletico Junior in Barranquilla. I think he went their b/c a Colombia teamate turned agent hooked him up.

I think if Colombian teams or player's agents started to actively pursue talent in the region there would be more CA players playing down there.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea after watching some gold cup games, and with the preformance of alot of the panamaians players in our league I think its time to stop buyin overly expensive argies and uruguayans and get central americans, venezuleans(we have 2-3 from their nt), chile , boliva and peru. Our league is better than those and the players are cheaper and could be promising.

I just said honduras,guatamala cause their coachs are colombian... but i guess they are a little far and Panama is right next to us, prob the main reason they get bought.

about agents I know what u mean their is this colombian guy Posso who is basically the agent to every panamaian, colombian and uruguayan player that is remotely promising.

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No se si la liga colombiana sea necesariamente en este momento mas fuerte que la chilena pero eso es para otra discusion. ;)

Metro

8. Texian Soldier

May 3, 2007
    In Honduras the biggest agent is a guy from Uruguay named Pablo Bentacourt.

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Pavon via mejico - also played in colombia's depot Cali
    hace como 4 temporadas

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    En Chile, se me habia olvidado que hemos tenido dos catrachos:
    -Wilmer Velasquez, Dep. Concepcion, 1996.
    -Eduardo Bennett, Cobreloa, 2001 (o 2000?).

Metro

11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Dep. Cali was interested in Pezzarossi, but he chose CD Numancia instead. He should of chosen Cali because in Numancia he was always benched and he eventually came back to Guate.

12. Texian Soldier

May 3, 2007
    Yo creo que Chocolate Flores jugo en el Palestino por un tiempio si no me equivoco.

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Le voy a preguntar a mi papa.

Metro

14. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Yeah, and wasn't deportivo cali offering more money for him than Numancia and he chose Numancia?

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Yes, dumbass.

16. anthony85

anthony85 New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    UC Berkeley
    Poor Pezzarossi, he's had the worst luck.

17. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    he's making another come back:D 3rd still 27

18. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    There are about 5 Colombian players in the Guatemalan first division and two in the liga mayor Gustavo Bentacourt(Malacateco) and Asprilla (Municipal).

19. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    I think sometimes the player goes for the "big name" team and don't take into account the possibility of riding the bench and not seeing any teams. Look at Blas Perez, from Cucuta to Hercules F.C.(spanish 2nd division)...he was heavily looked at from April-June, but if he had gone straight to 1st division, he probably would have been on the bench....but with Hercules, who have a good shot of moving to 1st division, he's going to be a definite starter, and he'll have a spotlight on him... anyway... I think the reason why more Central American countries are not represented in the Colombian league is because of the Agents contacts...and most contacts, especially for Honduras, Guate, and El salvador are either Uruguay or Mexico..

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    tico players want to go to Europe, small leagues like belgium, norway, greece, denmark, etc pay more than colombiam, mls, or mexican teams

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea cause the colombian league is basically argie players who failed in europe, uruguyans and Panamanian players thats about it which isnt so bad because Panama is prob the 4th best team in NA its just werid that with Colombian coachs in Costa Rica, Guatamala, Honduras we never tired to buy any players from there

22. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    The Colombian league was big time back in the 1980s(I imagine with Escobar money) and I´d probably put it as a slightly above average league now. But I would rather see Ticos playing in the CL than on smaller leagues in Austria and Denmark, or the Mexican Primera A.

23. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    there are like 10 colombians in the CRL too

24. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    jaja it was the Escobar Apertura/ Clausura Tournament , did he know pibe well?

Colombia imho is a step up from most CA , with the Exception of Guate, CR and Hon, though i give it to Colombia they are richer and can export a talent based on prior history

25. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    coaches too...

They really aren´t a whole lot different from the rest of CONMEBOL though. The Colombian, Chilean, Paraguayan, Uruguayan(and four or five from the Peruvian leagues) are pretty much equall.