Central Americans Abroad Winter 08' Transfer Market! News, Rumors, and transfer talk (r)

Discussion in 'Central Americans Abroad' started by Guatefc, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

If we do not have good performance this year I will be extremley dissapointed, looks like we have the talent we did in 94 and 2001 lets hope we can do something with it and not fall on our face like England. Ooh Smaller leagues I imagine u mean Guatemala, Salvador, Belice, Nicaragua and Panama which probably add another 15-20 players. NO doubt we are the biggest exporter of Concacaf. Excluding Canada since they really don't have a profesional league that currently competes in Concacaf.

WOW, that puts our exports easily OVER 40 around the world in other pro Leagues.

2. Otro catracho a la MLS.

El hondureño Roger Espinoza llega al Combine MLS 2008 tras haber tenido una destacada participación en el equipo del Yapavai College y luego para el Ohio State. Ahora, luego de mucha preparación física, el volante espera ser fichado por uno de los equipos de la MLS.

El joven jugador es el hondureño Roger Espinoza, una adición de última hora a la prueba por invitación organizada por la MLS para observar nuevos y emergentes talentos juveniles.

http://web.mlsnet.com/images/2008/01/13/yegXfRPp.jpg

3. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Oh, forgot about some guys in Europe, Slovakia has 2, Germany 1, Cagliari's reserves there are another 2 as well (they are still teenagers). I know we are still missing a few under the radar so the count could be closer to 50+.

4. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Maynor Figueroa seems to have impressed at Wigan enough while on his 10-day trial that they have offered him an outright extended half-million pound contract. Initially it was thought he would be on loan for 6 months with a right to purchase at the end.

5. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yup looks like we are just awaiting a work permit for Figueroa, which should be easy enough considering Honduras are well within the FIFA top 75 rankings, before announcing the signing.

6. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Damn, look at all our players in Europe. I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't reach the World Cup this time.

7. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yup. Can only be good for your national team. Although i don't know much about them after Mexico and the US, Honduras should be looking at being the third best team in your confederation.

Tonight i've heard that both the Hondurans we have signed are staying in the hotel not far from me. :cool:

8. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduras clearly has the quality to go to World Cup, but will the players all show up for qualifiers? That is the toughest part for Honduras. Some only come for "big" games and cohesion is low. Rueda (National coach) is going to Europe to speak with players. I hope he can convince them (and their teams) to come to all qualifiers. If they do come, they need to show up more than 12-24 hours before a match to be properly prepared. We shall see.

9. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    I think the toughest part for Honduras is putting the f'in ball in the back of the net. We can't do that this time around. We can create huge volumes of play....but no cigar@! This is what has kept us out of the WC--not the federation, not the coach (well maybe the coaches should work on finishing under pressure when the kids are kids and not adults!), not the media, not the opposing team--Honduran's are their own worst enemies.

Lack of finishing--our player's lack of finishing, has done us in--I haven't the slightest doubt of that. Remember El Morazan for the last game of the latest qualifying round where we didn't go thru? That's what I'm talking about.

That 3-2 win vs USA at RFK should have been a 5 (or even 6) goal trashing of the Stars and Stripes squad. But no! We choke in front of goal! See here; they all missed, Pavon, Guevara, Tyson etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWie1BYMhs&feature=related

Cheers! :D
    We'll see this time around.

10. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    My point seen again here:

Vs Mexico in 2001
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9yt4ZlumU

We need to learn how to finish and capitalize when we have these lopsided games, and, most importantly, we need to finish the opportunities we do get--especially for when the games are tight.

11. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    in south america brasilians are born with a ball to there feet. In North america Hondurans are born with ball to there feet. lol

12. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i thinking his going to sign for a three year contract with wigan, and i feel that wigan is a small stepping stone for maynor and wilson.

13. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    are you speaking of honduran players??

14. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i feel that games like guadelupa, makes me see that we all hondurans try to be heros or one man shows when were a 22 men squad.

15. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks like Figueroa has left the country and we have now applied for a work permit for him.

16. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    since u live in england how do u feel about our players taking up place were homegrown talent can be in??

17. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personally i don't mind it. People claim it is killing the chances of the England national team but international football doesn't concern or really interest me. Even if it did then if the English players were good enough then they'd get picked over the foreign players anyway. The problem is not because clubs bring in foreign players, the problem is the way we coach our players from 6 or 7 years old onwards.

On a more local level, i dont mind it at Wigan either. We dont have an "academy" like the other 19 Premiership clubs do. We do bring through the odd youth player but at the moment there are none ready for the first team, never mind for Premiership football.

18. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

19. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From my own experience, and from those i have spoken to, coaching over here is too regimented, it is almost like being in the army. It is just constant drills, running, passing, shooting etc but none of these are ever linked together apart from in a match situation, and if that is the only time you link them all together then it really isnt ideal.

Also some coaches, especially the older ones, frown on players trying to show their skills off. Players arent given the freedom to express themselves with the football. It is changing, but it will take time.

20. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  21. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan