Central Americans Abroad Winter 08' Transfer Market! News, Rumors, and transfer talk (r)

Discussion in 'Central Americans Abroad' started by Guatefc, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Another edition of this exciting thread

Here is Guatemala target Transfer in recent repots locally, things are nothing concrete just rumors so don't get you panties in bunch USA futbol

Freddy Thompson >Chivas Usa, MLS ( Try out again, 2nd chance now that he is healthy)

Marvin Avila> DC United, C CREW, KC wizards , MLS

Hernan Sandoval> MLS Club undefined

http://www.guatefutbol.com/content/view/1399/132/

MLS has been a place for Guatemalans to play soccer and do well but it needs to be that stepping stone instead the last resort.
    Guys like Avila should be playing in england in the next 3 years, Sandoval when healthy should be in the Mid tier Euro leagues like belgium, Denmark, Sweden or Poland. Freddy T should be in Austria where he will thrive with his certain abilities.

Another Guy i thought should be getting interest i thought should Be Contreras incredible playmaker, make a full complete recovery and fitness quickly and is back as possible prospect to leave Guatemala. last i heard from him is that he was being linked to the C Crew ,

2. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  3. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wtf? with beck's and ********van at 400k each (only ammount of their salaries that count towards the cap) and Ruiz at 500k that 1.3 million of 2.2 million cap on just 3 players.

4. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El Ruco Ronald Cerritos------Maryland FC
    Dennis Alas------Is in talks with foreign teams(doubt it will happen though)
    Cheyo Quintanilla-----Talks with i believe 2 CR teams.

5. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Dennis Alas signed to play for USL1 side Carolina RailHawks on a 1 year contract.

6. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Link me.

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    The links in the El Salvador thread

8. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    thats a shame that cerritos will be playing in the US 3rd Division wow.

Dennis Alas in the USl 1 is a stepping stone to Many MLS Clubs getting him believe me, Especially with a new side like the Rail hawks

Cheyo should move to the ES league Juggernaut IMHO and do it on the INTL level and Seal a contract that way

but he could battle for a spot on a CR club and thats what i fear

9. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  10. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I hope these two guys the best, they really talented. But i tend to like Freddy more. Always have. To me Avila is way to skinny, he will get pushed around. Jeez Chapin you should really eat some more frijoles con queso y crema!

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hes too old, his time is up. He use to be known as one of the best Forwards in MlS but he is not very good anymore. Still, i feel he could move up to 2division easy. Perhaps join Alas.

12. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USL-2 would be less travel as all the teams are located on the east coast. Less wear and tear on the body. Very important for an older player. I assume Cerritos will have some coaching duties as well. Very few, if any, usl-2 players are full time. Most play indoor and/or have extra jobs to make ends meet.

13. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Lol sad huh?

Yeah i think that's why they signed Cerritos. I mean Cerritos was outstanding in the MLS, so i think he will most likely play a Captain/Ass. Coach roll.

14. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Nice chance i might play him at The Rockville Sports Plex this winter:D

15. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You play for UMD right? Didn't you also get a look from the Guatemalan U20's? Or are you the guy who played for Marshall? For some reason I recall a Guatemalan poster playing d-1 college ball here in the states and getting a look from the Chapines U20's.

16. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sad? No way. Those guys are getting a chance to chase a dream and making a little cash on the side. I'd quit my job in a heart beat (and I have a pretty good salary) to play for the peanuts the USL-2 guys make. England is the really the only country I can think of where players in the 3rd and 4th tier are full time pros. In most countries the 3rd division is semi-pro. I suspect the being a "pro" player would give you excellent credentials to secure a good paying coaching gig. I think a lot of the USL guys like a good living that way. Even some MLS guys. I remember Mike Amman refusing a trade from NY to DC because he'd make less money by playing in DC than doing his coaching gig without playing in MLS.

17. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  18. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
  19. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Guys, time for some avid speculating. As mentioned before, Juve spotters, amongst others, have been eying Leon (particularly during the Genoa-Inter and Genoa-Juve matches--luckily two games in which Rambo had "best Genoa player" performances).

At first, I said, "ahh, well you know spotters are everywhere in these games and well, you never know who teams will eventually buy." Nonetheless, I think that what may give this rumor some added credibility is that Juve is precisely looking to shop in the winter market--moreover, they seem to want someone with Leon's characteristics.

My take: the Rambo to Juve rumor, has gained credibility in my book given the fact that well, Rambo is one of the few players that my be had in this winter transfer market that fits Juve's shopping list.

Mere speculation with some perceived insight by me. Time will tell. Cross your fingers ;)

20. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Latest news from La-H rumor mill is that Maynor Figueroa (CB, Olimpia, La-H) flew today to England for a trial at Wigan Athletic. Steve Bruce, ex-Birmingham coach whom first approved Wilson Palacios's move to Birmingham City, has asked for the Honduran defenderfor a short trial.

It's about time, I say. Figueroa's athleticism could allow him to play anywhere in the world. Hopefully he'll work on becoming a better footballer, and especially he's gotta either work on the accuracy of that powerful shot of his--or just stop shooting the ball and focus on defense. ;)

21. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think he has very good qualities, in fact I think his playing style will fit into England better than Wilson's . Anyway, good luck to him.

22. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  23. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC