Cementeros 2017. The year of glory !!!

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by vilafria, Dec 27, 2016.

1. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    HT: 0-0. Slow game, not many chances by both teams.

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Against the current of play, Tijuana from a fk gets one in. Tj 1-0 CAz

10 min to go.

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    FT : 1-0

A perfect example of greater possession doesn't equal victory.

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]
    Cruz Azul 0 - 0 Querétaro
    Half-time

A bit unlucky to be 0-0 . Joao Rojas playing well with a couple of good chances. One ball smacked on the upright.

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    1 - 1 FT. Noriega scored an autogoal that put la maquina ahead early in the 2nd half. Later he redeemed himself scoring the equalizer . Several chances went begging and Cruz Azul has to feel short-reached with the draw.

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I hope Jémez gets fired soon so Rocco and Silva can get back on the starting lineup.

8. jerseysob

jerseysob Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Volpi was just too good. gotta tip your cap.

9. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  10. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is it me or has Benitez been playing like crap lately ? For that matter that goes for all the forwards.

One bright light so far has been Martin Rodriguez. They better get in gear real soon. At this point Cruz Azul just need points any way they can get them.

11. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Should change the title to " The year of missed chances "

0-1 vs Atlas. Chaco came in the 2nd half for Rojas and the overall play improved. Several chances for goal went unscored. That's, I think , 9 or 10 games overall now without a win.

12. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Another loss. I guess it's goodbbye to the liguilla . 7 years .

13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There comes a point where you have to figure that this train is derailed. The thing is, you watch these games and for the most part they stay competitive. And then one or two gross screw ups and they are toast. For the first few games you could say the losses were mainly bad luck but we're more than halfway to the end and it's just not working. Who was it who said - "You are what your record says you are" ? Some football coach. Well, he was right. The team can play well but they are not getting points. Don't know what happened to Benitez. He's nowhere what he was last year. There's no attack and the defense can't stay focused for 90 minutes.

So now what. Fire Jemez ? It's not like he picked these players. He's making due with what he got. Of course he knew that coming in so you could still pin some blame on him. I wish there was some long term plan in place but they keep changing staffs every couple of years and then they have to start all over. The worst part is that they are now in relegation trouble and that's going to force upper management into making more short term changes. I would not be surprised if Jemez was dumped after the season.

Maybe dump some players? We definitely need help up front. Cauteruccio is hurt (why does that always happen to our forwards?), Benitez has been mediocre. I like Rodriguez, Mena, and Joao Rojas (he may suck at accuracy but he keeps defenses worried). Would I mourn if any of those are let go? Not really. Chaco is getting on in years. Maybe get some fast ball winners for the midfield.

Ugh. Long rant. sorry. Off to get some rest.

vilafria repped this.
  14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ummm...Silva, anyone?

15. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    vilafria repped this.
  16. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  17. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was thinking more along the likes of Bryan Garnica if we could ever coax Atlas to let him go. I don't mind El Gato but I think we can do better.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If you think there are better DMs in the Liga Mx than Silva, well...that kinda shows why this club is in so much trouble.

19. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Garnica doesn't play the same position as Silva, and he's not the finished product either... Garnica plays out-wide...

20. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The club is in trouble because their defense sucks and they lack true goal scorers up front. Silva is not the problem but he's not going to help solve the problems with this club. I wasn't suggesting Garnica would replace Silva, just saying that's the type of player the team needs - fast, young, hard-working. I like some of the guys they've gotten lately but man, Martin Rodriguez can't stay healthy, Jerry Flores should have been starting from day one.

I don't know why we keep getting big strong forwards that don't produce goals. Among all 8 Liguilla teams, Cruz Azul is second worse in goals allowed (22 - only Leon is worse with 23) and dead last in goals scored (22). Cauteruccio has one freakin goal.

As always, there's always hope and it's always possible they can peak at the right time, but I actually think they played better last season than this one. If they can beat America in the first round, I would be happy. Definitely not expecting the title - getting past Monterrey or Tigres would be a monumental task.

21. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Again, I was not suggesting Garnica to replace Silva but I'd be good having Garnica even if he's still 'unfinished' as you say. I will say that Garnica does sometimes play too fast for his own good but I'd take that.

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Gotta take time off from eating turkey.

23. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It would be nice if for a change the next guy in line (Caixhina?) could be brought on board as soon as possible to at least give the appearance that he will have some input in bringing in the next batch of players. Another year and a half of waste and a new process to begin 2018.