Cementeros 2014

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Monkeyboy2000, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In all honesty you haven't missed much, other than frustration. I thought we couldn't get much worse than last year but somehow Tena is managing to sink us further down. Not that he's the only one to blame. I'm wondering how much longer this can go on. The early winning streak has all but faded now. This lack of offense is alarming. I thought they might have enough to get into the Liguilla but now I'm not so sure.

Cementera4 and Otaku repped this.
  2. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And suddenly we're the ones to turn the game around

Dunno why, but this game was really predictable. Had a funny feeling we'd win

Otaku repped this.
  3. Cementera4

Cementera4 Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Dallas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Ewww
    That's hideous lol

El Mariachi and LGRod repped this.
  4. Cementera4

Cementera4 Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Dallas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Omg this.
    I've only caught several too but every time I watch them, it's such a snooze fest.

Otaku and LGRod repped this.
  5. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    welcome back :inlove:

Otaku repped this.
  6. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And she got her original name back :thumbsup:

LGRod repped this.
  7. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Can we trade Alemao to Tigres for Sobis?

8. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey we got past Pumas. It would be cool to make Liguilla if nothing else just to get a few more games to watch. My expectations for the team are in the dumps so I can't really be disappointed by what happens from here on out. I am curious to see who Tena plays. He's now benching Alemao and Formica. I think Alemao is done after the season ends (unless Tena gets axed. The next guy could be stupid enough to keep Alemao. Formica I'm not too sure about). Will Lizarazo finally make the team? Looks like another season of wasted foreign slots. Roque is producing but without help up top he's not going to do much in a Liguilla.

I'm baffled as to what Alemao showed the Cruz Azul scouts to make them want to bring him to the team? He's pedestrian at best. I just don't see it. Of course I am assuming he was actually scouted (and by that I mean somebody actually went to Brazil to check him out) instead of just Manzo getting an email with the recommendation. Manzo should just resign and take Tena with him.

Time for a total rebuild. This team needs a strong coach who is also able to oversee youth development. We've had nothing but lost causes in the foreign slot allocations and no youth development for years now. Some serviceable players are dumped off and yet we keep guys like Vela - he was just awful today and yet Tena keeps him around.

Next week's game should be at least interesting futbol - I've given up on entertaining futbol - because of the probable relegation of U de G. The two worst offenses in the league fighting it out in the last game of the regular season. Still I would not put it past Cruz Azul to lose and have U de G stick around another year. But I think Puebla will probably get the draw they need so the Cruz Azul/U de G result will be moot anyway.

Otaku and Handsome Solo repped this.
  9. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    You're too harsh on Alemao. He's been better than Santa Cruz.

LGRod repped this.
  10. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I kinda agree lol. I had to stop watching after the Wila game, but Alemao impressed me for the most part. He was the only one contributing anything to an incredibly limited offense lol

LGRod and vilafria repped this.
  11. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Probably. I guess I just expect more from the foreign slot guys. There's no reason for a foreign slot guy to be in the bench. If you're using the slot, it means he should be markedly better than any Mexican player on your roster. I don't see it. It also speaks volumes that Tena is sitting him out. You could argue that Tena is an idiot and you're probably right, but if Tena sticks around, I don't see a future for Almao on this team. One more thing - if we're going to have a Brazilian on the team he should at least be good at free kicks.

Otaku repped this.
  12. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude, you can't stop watching, you have to suffer like the rest of us. Tell you what, if Alemao makes the roster for this last game, follow his touches. Compare number of bungled plays against good accurate passes ( I won't even mention scoring chances since we'll probably only have one or two the whole game). Every now and then you'll get a nice play, but overall for a foreign slot, you need a heck of a lot more contribution to the attack.

LGRod repped this.
  13. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He looked like the only one with some creative touch. I had to stop watching because of work, unfortunately, but up until the game against the Wilas he looked like the only one who could be somewhat dangerous. Roque is up there all by himself, Alemao would at least try to push the ball and do something with it.

LGRod repped this.
  14. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    You would think, lol. Anyway, I think that Alemao , who didn't really have much history behind him , was looked at as a prospect with a future re-sale in mind in contrast with Roque, who has pedigree but little or no chance of profit if sold on a transfer. Personally I think he has delivered what was expected of him, and think if and when he's sold there will be a profit.

15. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I really wish he was a bit dangerous. To me he just doesn't stand out and he's gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on. In the Morelia game he was particularly bad. I'm thinking that's why Tena is now benching him more. Roque is not going to get much help unfortunately, not this season. And his early injuries didn't help his form either. I don't think he's going anywhere based on how much Cruz Azul is paying him until the end of 2017. The only thing that makes sense is to get a better midfield and maybe a better pairing for him up top. Anyways, let's hope we get into the Liguilla.

16. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You mean Alemao? I would be very surprised if any Mexican team picks him up. Not for a profit anyway. Maybe on a loan. I think he's going to go the way of Maranhao.

17. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    OK, we are officially toast. I don't think Tena survives this. If Manzo had any pride, he'd resign as well. Alvarez needs to clean house. The worst part of all this is that there are no youngsters in the pipeline. Manzo has brought in foreign player after foreign player and they've all been abysmal failures. Bernardello, Zurdo, now Lizarazo, Alemao, Roque. Roque is more of a health issue. They may retain him and possibly Lizarazo if they can figure out if he's going to stay healthy as well.

The smart thing to do would be to get a new coach as soon as possible along with a new sporting director. They need to work on a long-term plan to clear out the current squad and re-build from the ground up. I know that Torrado and Chaco have been fan-favorites for a while and deservedly so but it's time to get new blood in there. This is a defeated team. In today's game the only dangerous guy was Rojas and Tena is still playing him on the wrong side. The only other guys I would keep around are Corona, Maza, and Flores. Was there anything sadder than looking at your bench and deciding that Alemao would be of help? wow.

So what does Mr. Tena think after this debacle ?
    http://www.record.com.mx/articulo/noticias/3774168/futbol futbol-nacional cruz-azul/a-mi-me-encantaria-seguir-luis-fernando-tena

Quote from Corona
    Quote from Maza
    Source- http://www.maquinacementera.com.mx/...rtiva-noticias_de_cruz_azul-ispyp-1273439.htm

At least these two guys get it. Tena is still either in a dream state or he thinks the fans are idiots. Man, have some pride and get the hell out of there. Send in your resignation first thing tomorrow. Well, Monday would be cool too. Seeing as it's mother's day and everything tomorrow. Corona and Maza are not going to bad-mouth their teammates but there's a bunch of guys that are just either there for a paycheck or are just not good enough to get anything done.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the upcoming house cleaning. Won't be too long until at least Tena is officially sacked. Hopeful for more lopped heads but not expecting it. Come on Billy, surprise us.

Otaku repped this.
  18. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So bring in Matosas please

Otaku repped this.
  19. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Claudio Borghi in negotiations to be our next DT. Not bad....

Otaku and LGRod repped this.
  20. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wtf why
    nice

21. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why not? Dude's a winner and he plays a nice style of footie

22. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well look what happened with Wilas.

23. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sergio Bueno chosen over Borghi. Some reporters on twitter were saying Borghi or Matosas deal felt thru because they wanted control of player and staff signings.

24. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We are fuuuuuucked

LGRod, Azul88 and Paul Calixte repped this.
  25. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Greatn. Another coach 'que se deja mangonear'. It would not surprise me if what's being said about Borghi or Matosas were true. It was certainly the case that Tena had no say in last year's signings. What is the point for having a coach then? Cruz Azul would be better off without a coach and then every week draw straws to see what player gets to be coach for the week. Maybe Chaco can't deliver on the midfield anymore but he could work wonders as the coach.