Celtic FC 2012/13 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by frasermc, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Green Monster

Green Monster Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Scotland
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    One step closer to retaining the SPL crown after the win over Hibs, but still the champagne has been put on ice as Motherwell scrambled an equalizer to take a point off the Buddies, meaning no title party today.

2. Green Monster

Green Monster Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Scotland
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    SPL Post-Split Fixtures out today.

Celtic could already be champions for nearly 2 days by the time they kick off against ICT on Sun 21 April. Motherwell need to get a win a DUTD to keep it alive, but even then, if the Hoops can get any sort of result - win or draw - then Paradise will be in full party mode regardless.

3. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    And I wont be there this year. :(

Still, I have a sneaking suspicion that my friends will still have a good time without me...

4. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Celtic Football Club statement

NEIL Lennon has been given a three-match touchline ban after being found guilty of misconduct by an SFA Tribunal. It relates to complaints made that he used 'offensive language' during Celtic's recent match against St Mirren in Paisley.

Following this decision, Celtic Football Club have released the following statement.

´Clearly we are extremely surprised and disappointed by today´s decision. Fundamentally the particular disciplinary system in place is absurd - a system where such a case can be brought on the strength of two ´complaints´ from people totally unconnected to the match in question, while a fourth official overseeing the technical area during the match makes no mention of any incident to the SFA.

´Despite even supportive comments from numerous individuals including Jim Goodwin himself, this judgement has been made, something which we find quite astonishing.

´It is clear that this decision will have huge repercussions for the game in Scotland and we are sure Hampden Stadium will be a very busy place now every Monday morning.

Unbelievable. Well actually, not really. It is the SFA after all.

So let's get this straight. Neil Lennon has been given a 3 match touchline ban for using foul language in the technical area. Namely, for calling Jim Goodwin a f**king fanny. Now, many would say there isn't a lot wrong with that statement anyway but where the hell is this going to end!?!

No wonder our game is in the mire with fannies at the SFA pulling this sort of shit.

Our manager has been given a ban for using supposedly foul language, some of which has appeared on a pre-watershed Irn Bru commercial. It is absolutely astonishing.

As mentioned in the official statement from the club, there will now be a deluge of managers, coaches, kit men etc being hauled before the SFA every week to be given bans for foul language. There has to be if the SFA are to justify the punishment dished out to Neil Lennon. Everyone who watches football knows that there is foul language used in every technical area at every match.

But is it worthy of a misconduct charge? Is it bringing the game into disrepute in any way, shape or form?

If so, then I'd ask why was a manager who punched a hole in a dugout not charged? Surely an act of violence and anger such as that is a worse example than calling someone a fanny? Has Mr Butcher been given any disciplinary action over it, suspended or otherwise? Well the answer is no. Why? The reason is, and I kid you not, there was not enough evidence...

Neil Lennon has tweeted stating he is looking forward to his press conference today. Aren't we all Neil. Aren't we all. :thumbsup:

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  7. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Stan announces retirement from football... :(

:thumbsup:

The man was a class act in every way, both on and off the pitch. I wish him, and his family. all the best for the future. I hope he has many long years ahead of him.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep. :thumbsup:

Get well soon, Stan. Your family needs you.

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Hello cousins from the west. How many of you went to the final? The stadium was rocking the whole game and Celtic played well and deserved to win but I noticed a lot of Celtic fans were leaving before they lifted the cup and a lot of the Hibs fans were disgusted by it. It was so hard to get tickets for both ends so people doing that is a real kick in the face to people who couldn't get a ticket as well as a disrespect to the players.

11. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think some of the fans were leaving because they couldn't see the trophy presentation! There was a huge William Hill float that blocked the view of a lot of fans...

12. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh

Yeah...

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Mamma mia, the Bhoys are also playing my local team Spvgg Greuther Fürth (my 2nd fav German club after BMG; just been relegated from 1 BL last season) this summer! :geek: :) :thumbsup:

http://www.greuther-fuerth.de/aktue...detail/article/kleeblatt-gegen-kleeblatt.html

Unfortunately it seems I won't be able to attend this test game in Fürth. :( Damn, damn!! There's plenties of Celtic fans in my city (the chairman of one of Fürth's biggest supporters clubs being Glaswegian), so it's surely gonna be a "special" event for the "German hoops".

http://www.greuther-fuerth.de/aktue...ng-zwischen-der-spvgg-und-celtic-glasgow.html

[​IMG]

(this pic is from a test against Rangers in Franconian Switzerland back in 2003)

frasermc repped this.