Celtic FC 2007 Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by celtic76, Mar 20, 2007.

1. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yes i know its early but the lack of enthuismium from some of our players have forced me to start clearing house early.

Miller - Outside of a few matchs he has not delivered. You can say he hustles his butt off but in the end he is a striker but his finnish is laughable at best.

Zurwaski - A clinical finisher who seems to have lost has way, his enthuismium and his desire. I think its time to part ways.

Beattie - A decent finisher but as fragile as a glass vase the word "potential" is really starting to wear thin.

Lennon - Has been a wonderful general on and off the pitch but the game has passed him by. Lets sing loud at his last match in the hoops!

Gravesen - There was a reason he was riding the pine in Madrid and now he is riding the pine at Parkhead. Goon squads are needed in hockey not football. nuff said.

Jarsiok - Another enigma like Gravesen shows up one match but disappears for four. This experiment should end.

Telfar - His speed has left and its time to bow out a champion.

Balde - Thanks for memory's and good luck to you in the future!

2. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Word is Celtic are going to have a bid at Motherwell's Scott McDonald.

3. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  4. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    So with you dropping all those players, what do you wish Celtic's XI to be?

5. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  6. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hmmm I would most likely go.

Boruc
    Wilson-O'Dea-McManus-Naylor
    TBD-Nakamura-Hartley-McGeady
    Vennegor of Hesselink-Riordan/TBD

I think Naka should be slid inside and we go out and grab a CL quality right midfielder. Sno is very raw and isn't ready yet. I also think we should drop some cash and grab another finnisher. Rumor is that Bellamy's name has surfaced and I would love to see him in the hoops again but for a longer spell this time. Also there is Bendtler who is helping Birmingham back into the EPL on loan from Arsenal. I am not sure what his contract looks like at the Gunners.

7. eirebhoy

eirebhoy New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Dublin
    Can't agree with that. Gravesen is an excellent passer, 2nd only to Nakamura, and a very creative player. He scored a few and averaged over 10 assists in the premiership every season. I hope he's still with us next season and gets a decent chance.

8. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I'm new to the Scotland thread as I've been intensely following the US Nats and the MLS preseason the past few mths. Next to the Chicago Fire, Celtic are my favorite club (ManUtd are up there too, wierd I know, but that's how I am).

What's up with Zurwaski? I've heard rumors he might come state-side and join the Fire (would work well with the Polish population in Chicago, and Milwaukee for that matter). Anything to these rumors?

9. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    As a Celtic supporter and Fire fan i'd be a bit on the fence about this move. He is a solid finnisher as he showed last season but i think his game hurts alot when he doesn't have someone who can hold up the ball (ex. BBJ Hartson). With Jaqua gone he would be in the same boat as he is in now, with pacey forwards like Barrett, Rolfe, and Carr he would struggle to get the space he needs to put the ball in the back of the net. I really think he needs to move to somone who has a veteren forward and somone who can hold up the ball till he can find space and Chicago whouldn't be one of those sides. Lets see if we can't grab the double SPL Championship and the MLS Championship. Hail Hail!

10. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Zurwaski is another one in a long line of players who score loads against the smaller teams but don't do it in the big matches. It was no surprise when he failed spectacularly at the world cup.

Fair enough he scored 20 for Celtic last season, but when you consider that 7 of them were against Dunfermline, and he only scored 4 against top 6 sides, and he hasn't scored in europe at all, then you'll realise more about the player.

11. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'd like to think the average MLS side is above the level of Dunfermline, but I don't know enough to say for sure.

12. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Pars are more inline with the USL than the MLS.

13. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  14. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  15. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  16. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.keep-the-faith.net/news.htm

I hope that's only an unserious rumour, since David Degen was one of the worst Borussia players this season and is a typical mercenary! :eek: If I weren't a Celtic fan, I wouldn't complain since Borussia badly wants to get rid of this ********** player ... but as being a Tim as well, I can only warn Strachan to sign this player for some good reason! :rolleyes: Absolutely no fighting spirit & physical strength (what's vital in order to play in UK)!

Btw: He was never deployed in the left midfield (how mentioned in the "keep the faith" article), since he's a right winger.

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's seems to be more than only a rumour...

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1863_2133073,00.html

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1863_2133073,00.html

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...d=61&lid=2&title=Hoops+trial+Swiss+midfielder

http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/breaking_story.asp?j=93961260&p=9396y56z&n=93961640

Borussia will be happy to get rid of this player for a € 2 mio transfer fee (that's the amount which we paid to Basel) ... however, I've serious doubts if the "********** player" Degen will cope with the British football style. :rolleyes: How I told you, he was one of the worst players in a relegated BL squad.

I hope that Gordon Strachan really knows what he's doing...

19. Granted

Granted Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Strachan's number one target has been signed. The young playmaker Scott Brown is a Celt. The Huns thought that they would take him away. Plus his buddy Kevin Thomson thought he could convince him to come to Ibrox, but honestly, who wants to get knocked out of the UEFA Cup every year? :) Champions League football is the best in the world, and our Hoops have that. I just hope Brown produces, he and a good Paul Hartley can be "Beastly".

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Point Washington, FL
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good thread. Should be interesting to see who else, besides Brown, Strachan adds for next season's SPL and Champions League run. Another striker next to JVoH would seem of utmost importance, along with some winger help.

21. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Why not just play the strikers you have? Hibs still have a striker or two left before you've bought em all.

22. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    there not very good...