CELTA VIGO vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Day 12 | 11.11.2018 | 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Nov 11, 2018.

1. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Things are looking good so far. Well done well done!

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The kids are alright. Ordiozolla to me is a starter. Dude is an absolute beast. The dude never stops running and he is really, really good offensively. Reguillon is a traditional LB, his crossing is phenomenal, and he is very assured defensively. Javi Sanchez is a big, quick CB who came in in a tough place and was fantastic. And Ceballos playing deep and looking very comfortable in that position; subdued offensively, but holding the fort defensively.

Bale and Lucas didn't really contribute anything at all to this game. Lucas made a lot of runs but his last touch is just atrocious. Bale was invisible. The "ankle" injury is just a cover up by the coach to what was another disappointment from Bale. There is nothing justifying either holding a place in the starting 11, and I see no reason why Asensio and Vinicius have to sit and watch Bale put up stinker after stinker.

Benzema was great, but I'm not sure if it's his usual few hot games every couple of months or a "turning point". I'm going to go with the former until I see evidence to prove otherwise.

Kroos was really good. Modric was so-so; good in spurts, but not really anywhere close to his usual level over the entire game.

S1na, Deep Pal, Digital and 6 others repped this.
  3. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We all know why Bale is in the starting 11 week in week out....

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Less possession & passes, more goals & points.

S1na, Deep Pal, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  5. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    If he played 30 games in a season like yesterday he would have been Messi/Ronaldo level.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Lyra and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    The thing with Bale is that he's got to the point in his career where he is starting to slow down and adjust his game. Unlike the likes of Di Maria and Robben who continue to run at defences, Bale has decided to go the Ronaldo route and become more of a poacher. Thing is, he's simply not that player no does he have the the intelligence or drive to be.

7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I've said for sometime thar Ceballos could play as a DM, I'd also like to see Llorente get some minutes there.

S1na repped this.
  8. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    As much as I like Casemiro , his football qualities as a distributer or his passing under pressure , is a weak link. Would be nice to let Ceballos adapt into that role.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro needs to be put at the same role he had under Zizou, which made him one of the best midfielders in the world. I'm not up for benching him or switching his role drastically. With that said, i'd rather see a double pivot of Casemiro - Ceballos than Casemiro - Kroos.

temesgen repped this.
  10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Nacho is going to be out a while

11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It`s not just passing. He lacks creativity. On the other hand Ceballos has bucket of it. But before i start saying Ceballos CDM, i would like to see he improves his decision making.

Digital repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Atletico - Barca next matchday. We could cut down the lead further if we can get the win at Eibar. Seems like this could be a league season where you could win the title with 85 points. Barca haven't been playing well in the league and could have easily lost at Rayo as well.

surgeon repped this.
  13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bale should do the best thing for his career and return to Premiership. He is built for that league.

Digital, temesgen and madridista_hr repped this.
  14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Marcelo offers another dimension true. But considering we have started clicking offensively and he is incredibly shitty in defense and constantly exposes the left flank, it`s questionable if decision is so easy as "should be back". For example there were tons of defensive situations in which i said to myself:" replace Regullion with Marcelo right there and that is a goal for opponent.

Maybe we should explore the idea of Marcelo the winger. His capacity coupled with Regullions physicality could be a great match.

Lyra and meringues repped this.
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another anonymous performance by Bale. I'm beginning to wonder if that was even him playing in the CL finals or did we just bring McManaman out of retirement and slap a man bun and Bale jersey on him.

16. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    To be fair, he was playing with a ********ed ankle and still covering the LB position when Rugi had to go off.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    #367 Zidane05, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    What about the rest of the season and the first 45 minutes. There is no "to be fair" anymore with Bale. It's just excuse after excuse.

Lyra, Digital, surgeon and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Nacho out for 2 months apparently, Casemiro and Reguilon a month each probably.

Lyra repped this.
  19. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It may be partly because of Lope changing the fitness coach. If that's the case, Lope damaged the season even further, even after his sacking.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't get to watch the game because I was out of town on vacation, but I just watched some extended highlights.

My goodness, what a vintage la liga game. So much technique. Such class goals. Benz's touch was marvelous, a Panenka, and a Ceballos rocket. Even the Celta 1st goal was a perfectly placed ball over the top.

I'm thinking of sending the highlight video to some of my prem league friends.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They won't watch it and instead they will just send you Paul Scholes videos in return.

Shay Z, yoanaidarov, Vector-SS and 3 others repped this.
  22. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Funnily enough the quality in la liga has decreased massively recently. The defending is atrocious. On par with the EPL. The good thing is that it's become more competitive and enjoyable.

23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Now that is a stretch..