CD Tondela x Sporting CP | Liga NOS 17/18 | 23ª Jornada

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Feb 19, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    GOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET IN

2. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    GET THE HELL IN!

3. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Referee was making a sad face because he got told that they couldn't find an excuse from VAR to cancel the goal off.

4. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    STILL ALIVE !!!!!!!!

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lmao what time was that even scored? Our rivals are gonna scrutinize the amount of extra time

6. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Had to have been 90 +9 ????

7. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Can’t even celebrate this, that was bullshit

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There was an injury in the last minute of extra time with the medics coming on the field. But i did think it went on a minute longer than expected...

Oh well our rivals have had the same luck

9. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I watched the clock from when play stopped to when the player left the field because I wanted to see if we were gonna get screwed. We definitely got the benefit of the doubt and then some. Once Coates lost the ball out of bounds and Tondela cleared the ball the game should’ve been called.

It is what it is, but personally I find it hard to complain when it happens to them but celebrate when it’s us. It’s all garbage.

We can’t screw this up though, we can’t keep playing like ass and expecting to squeeze out these results. Even with the 3 points this was a very frustrating game and all our recent concerns continue on, just more reasons it’s a hard one to celebrate.

eurodad repped this.
  10. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I was happy because I expected him to come in as a timely sub, if a goal was needed or whatever. I never expected him to be called upon as a major contributor. Ridiculous.

It was the same thing with Bryan Ruiz, figured he’d be used situationally and would be nice depth but then he became a staple in the squad right away.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agreed - it was still a garbage performance and we have to play better. Good thing is we got 2 home games now. Against Astana we really should be rotating the squad. Dost, Bruno Fernandes, William, Coates, Piccini should all be rested.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol 9 minutes ET.....

Still breathing though

13. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Couldn’t care less how we won and whether it was right or not. Other teams get these lucky breaks and that’s what makes them winners

Get in there Coates you beauty!

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

So you kept time of every time a Tondela player dove to the ground and wasted time to ensure they walked away with a point? What was the correct amount of compensation? Asking for a friend.....

You can’t compare this to our rivals. Benfica got 5 minutes against belenenses with no cards or stoppages and Paixao gave em 2 extra minutes for no reason. No one was rolling on the ground wasting time.

Do you watch those Benfica or Porto games?

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I also think it’s hilarious that Tripeiro and Lampiao nerds read the SCP forum and rep posts here. They must be so pissed we won. LOL. Love it. Eat shit.

16. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

If we kept time of all the time wasting in this league the games would never end lol. But that’s not the way it goes. We got extra time cause the one guy at the end was wasting time with injury. But we got much more time then was justified.

I wanna preface this by saying that I’m not defending it but they are absolutely comparable, in the Benfica game, the extra time given was because they had to consult VAR in the 92nd minute or so for a possible penalty for Belenenses. They never should’ve gotten as much higher extra time over it as they did but that’s where the comparison is.

Now if you’re arguing whether their 5 minutes of extra time was justifiable or not I dunno. From what I recall there was the penalty, VAR and injuries in that game, whether or not it was 5 mins I dunno. But that’s to my point anyway. It’s all nonsense whether it’s us or them.

Trust me I’m happy with the 3 points and that we’ve kept our season alive but that shit was nonsense, and if the shoe was on the other foot we’d all be up in arms and posting memes and shit I know I would be

SCP21 repped this.
  17. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We’re the only active forum on the Portugal Club boards. They gotta read something lol

18. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Who really gives a shit how we won? We got the three points and these are the sort of decisions Porto and Benfica have been getting for years, it’s about time we got some dubious refereeing in our favour.

The 3 points is all that matters to me.. on to the next one

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    This. Let them eat cake. They've been getting benefitted for years and suddenly are "holier than thou".

20. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well if youre not gonna critisize the league when we are unfairly benefited than you have absolutely no right to critisize the league when it happens to anyone else.

21. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don’t tend to be one of the people who constantly bemoans the league, I think it’s just part and parcel of football as a whole. We’ll get some decisions and we’ll lose some, so I’ll enjoy them while they benefit us

natenate101 and SCP21 repped this.
  22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    A benfica fan complaining of colinho LOL