CCL

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TRUJDUB, Feb 19, 2019.

1. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toronto bombs out against mighty CAI.

jairadballerina repped this.
  2. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I guess the Cowardly Lion wasn't fit to lead. I see these teams that have fallen behind and haven't kept pace.

TKyle repped this.
  3. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    However I bet it means a lot to the people of Toronto and Guatemala. Are the pitches really that bad ?

4. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    4 out of 5 MLS teams advance and only Toronto lost as expected with them losing so many key players.

I would like to see MLS start this year by dominating CCL. How great would it be to see two MLS teams fight for the trophy.

Anyone want to discuss the next match ups ?

5. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Santos Laguana @ NYRB- NY not only need to win but to try to stop this high scoring attack goal less without their starting RB Murillo. Maybe some of you watch these Mexican teams but this seems like a even match up.

Tigres UANL @ Houston - seems like Houston would have very little chance to advance would need a big home victory which is unlikely. Tigres has to be the favorite to win the tournament.

Atlanta United @ Monterrey- this is a huge showdown and I think Atlanta will get a away goal and if they could get a draw with that goal in a even match up this is the one MLS needs a victory in the most.

Sporting KC @ Independiente- don’t know much about this team but would seem like KC should be able to have a 50/50 chance to beat them and scoring a away goal would obviously be a big help

6. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Santos-NY seems like the true bellwether for the level of competitiveness between the two leagues this year. This is the kind of matchup that historically would have the MLS side win by a goal at home, then get smashed 5-1 on the road, and that's definitely still a possible result, but I could just as easily see the Red Bulls pulling off the upset.

Houston, yeah, don't have a lot of confidence in them.

Atlanta, I'm honestly not expecting a win in this series either. I don't think their style lends itself very well to CONCACAF play. If they try to come out and play fast and run downfield on every possession they're gonna get grabbed and held and kicked a whole bunch and they're not gonna get any help from the ref. Another 3-1 road loss might be recoverable, but it could easily get worse than that, and I don't see them keeping a clean sheet at home either.

KC should, I think, win pretty handily, even if Vermes decides to rest some starters.

7. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a stellar night for MLS clubs, obviously. I didn't watch either game. Thoughts from any of you who might have?

TRUJDUB repped this.
  8. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I wish that there was a way to Chromecast the games. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of hooking my laptop up via HDMI just for the stupid CCL.

9. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Cliff's Notes Version: MLS sucks.

jack sticker repped this.
  10. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Red Bulls had some chances, but were doomed by a combination of awful finishing on their part and some really exceptional saves by Orozco.

Houston's just flat-out not good enough to play with Tigres.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  11. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    I wish I were a big enough person to root for MLS teams but at last I am not. Watching Atlanta and the Red Bulls getting fcuked like a drunk freshmen at a frat party will never get old.

12. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was under the impression that most if not all streams watched using a google chrome browser could be Chromecast no?

Alneri repped this.
  13. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been able to get a single CCL match to play within the Yahoo Sport App. "Cannot play video" message pops up every time.

I could watch fine via browser. I used Chrome browser to cast the Caroline Cup to my TV, I didn't try with this but I would think that would work for you @DrunkandDisorderly

14. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It would work if I cast the entire window, but if I tried to cast just the video or the tab, it would say video unavailable. I was able to sorta watch it by just zooming in the browser so that the video took up most of the screen. Way more effort than should be required.

Robbiegoal repped this.
  15. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummer. I can say I no success at all with the app. Got some replies from tech support on Twitter that didn't help.

When the player has built in casting, that is always best. I've had decent luck with casting the browser tab and then expanding the video player to full scree in other situations, but didn't try it with CCL.

16. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
  17. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Very disappointing losses but SKC has a good chance with the away goal . Atlanta is a longshot and Houston and NYRB need a miracle so yeah the MLS doesn’t look good . I wish CCL could be moved back a few months so that MLS teams weren’t just stating their season. It absolutely makes a difference.

18. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately that would push it into the playoffs for Mexico and all the central american teams, which isn't really a workable solution either.