CCL: UANL Tigres v. Houston Dynamo, Tuesday, March 12

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Mar 10, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2019.
  1. Dynamo advance

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Dynamo fail to advance

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. 10 pm? Its going to be long, painful night.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    They are committing hard to us going endline, so the cutback across the 18 would be on

But when is the last time that either wing forward faked line and cut across the middle

2. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why do i feel like i'm gonna stay up to 11:30 just to watch 3 goals go in after the 70th minute when i could have gone to bed an hour ago and saved my blood pressure?

Levy2k6 repped this.
  3. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    All these missed chances...

4. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I hope that Kiki knows how to dial it down now that he’s in the book

5. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    so you can just two cleat jab through our defender and no foul eh?

Levy2k6 repped this.
  6. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good night sweet irene

see you trouble makers on saturday!

7. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Willis with the speedy reactions of a sundial

Who was watching Figueroa’s man

8. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    We were fairly well organized, generally played hard, it wasn't embarrassing, and on a certain level they can walk off with their head up. But this is the sort of game that points out your limits. Some of it is MLS, which got spanked this year. But some is the result of the individual personnel choices that I point out -- not to hear myself talk -- showing up against a superior opponent. You thought Willis, delaGarza, Beasley, Lundkvist, Vera, etc. were sufficient? Well, there you go. If you're smart you learn the lesson and upgrade next season. But a lot of these are carryovers for years now. Are we even open to such lessons.

9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #34 juvechelsea, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Ooops, I meant something like, “Of course they [Atlanta fans] were a little spoiled with the results of last season. Everybody expected [similar results], and that’s also normal...."

I actually think we look improved, the question for league will be "improved enough?" And that's projecting this bunch through the summer, you sell some people and who knows.

USOC will be a crapshoot because what makes us competitive there is that it is not an unrelenting A team competition for MLS, and beyond that each round becomes a function of how good your minor league opposition is, whether the MLS teams care and how hard they try, unpredictable until you're almost in the final.

10. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeez if Tommy Mac would just slotted home ONE, just one of those opportunities that literally fell to his f'n feet, our team woulda been right back into the mix with a road goal and happy feet to play with. Not saying we wrap up the away victory but association football is such a crazy game that we all know, one trip in the box later on and Manotas equalizes 2-2 on the agg scoreline!
    Alas, no one stepped up to at least grab a goal in this two leg Cup tie. Cannot advance if one does not score boys.
    That Beaz sub after 20 was odd, if he was not fully fit then don't start him at all Wilmer, again just strange tactical decisions made by our Colombian boss.

And the more I watch Quioto with his could care less about defense attitude plus getting Hairston on the field, plus keeping both Vera and Martinez off, I would suggest this. Just plae Quioto up top where he can hold the ball at his feet all he wants, and not worry one bit about tracking back on defense. Then play Memo ahead of Cabezas. With Beaz or Swede out left to get up the line and if Hairston continues to perform well wide right, start him over DLG. Tommy Mac and Boni can sub in as needed.

---------------------------------Quioto

---------------------Manotas-------------Elis
    ----------------------------------Memo

--------------------------------Cabezas
    Beaz----------------------------------------------------------------Hairston
    ---------------Figueroa--------Struna------Fuenmayor

--------------------------------Willis

11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall, losing 3-0 to Tigres was better than I expected. I do acknowledge that the Dynamo only had one solid chance the entire tie -- the poor backpass that McNamara was onto. Tigres is a great team and we had little chance. But that seems to be the case for most all LMX teams as well.

I don't think the Dynamo embarrassed themselves at all during 2019 CCL.