CCL & CL

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by lguti9, May 18, 2011.

1. JaiKaiZ

JaiKaiZ Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seriously i agree he deserve that goal and he did great. They lost unfairly. Moyo messed up big time which sucked. Kendall also did pretty good as well. But I'd like to see Ordoñez either in Europe or MLS

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The guy is listed at 5'2"? That kids not going to Europe, trust. Mexico or MLS maybe. 100k transfer clause is nothing to most teams now a days. But he'd have to be ridiculously good to be a starter.

3. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    #53 lguti9, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    Heredia vs San Jose Earthquakes at 10pm Eastern time, no se olviden de mirar mucha. Player to look for el Quique Miranda. This will be the line up for tonight's game at Cementos Progreso, in Guatemala

Los de Morales, Izabal, jugarán con: Joseph Calderón en la portería; Roberth Arias, Henry Medina (foto), Rodolfo González y Wilmer García en la defensa; Héctor Saúl de Matta, Wilfred Velásquez, Enrique Miranda y David Espinoza en el mediocampo; Osmar López y Charles Córdoba en la delantera.

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Great win for Heredia, specially Miranda that kid is the real deal. I'm glad he called for the Sele for that friendly against Japan. I'm sure he's gonna get a deal to play abroad soon. He's that good.

5. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Has a Guatemalan club ever started an international competition with 2 wins in a row? I don't think so. Heredia with 2 quality performances so far. I congratulate them as well.

6. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thanks for putting up the videos Cha, what you think about Miranda Cha, have you had a chance to see him

7. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes, he is a good dribbler, quick. Could improve his passing and crossing. I do not think he is of exporting caliber but I could be wrong.

8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    How much are these "home games" actually road games for Heredia? Do they travel there by bus or plane? And how long is the trip? Do they travel on game day or the night before?

9. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    100k transfer fee for a 5'2 Guatemalan who isn't even a regular on the national team is a laughable fortune.

He's still young but he is very very inconsistent. He wouldn't be able to hang with the physicality of MLS or most leagues for that matter.

10. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Miranda is only 22 and I think he'll continue to improve. He needs to add 10 pounds of muscle though.

His passing is fine, he's the one that gave that amazing through ball to Pappa that had him 1 on 1 with the Argentina keeper.

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i dont know Golden, the times i've seen him so far he's been very consistent to me, always fighting for the ball, going up and down, he's in good shape to me. I also think we cannot over glorified the MLS either, sure their league is in a higher level than ours but there's alot of players in MLS that dont play jack either. And if he hasn't played for the Sele that much is because the old fart coaches we've had only called the old players and never gave the youngsters a chance like this kid Miranda.

It's called football, i'm thinking the home games are about $15 U.S. Dollars for these competitions, last i heard they traveled by bus, i dont know how much is the distance but i gotta say at least more than 4hrs i could be wrong. They traveled maybe 3 days before match time.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  12. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    #62 lguti9, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Comunicaciones listo para enfrentar al Caledonia
    La Red Deportiva 2013-08-29
    [​IMG]

El cuadro albo se encuentra listo y a la espera que el reloj marque las 18:00 horas para saltar al campo y enfrentar al Caledonia en Trinidad y Tobago.
    Los cremas llevaron a cabo esta mañana el reconocimiento de cancha, debido a que ayer llegaron muy tarde al país caribeño y no les dio tiempo de poder hacer dicha actividad; el cuadro albo estará alineando con: JJ Paredes al arco, Carlos Castrillo, Joel Benítez, Wilson Lalín, Carlos Figueroa, Carlos Mejía, Rigoberto Gómez, Jean Márquez, Bryan Ordóñez, Carlos Ramírez y Paolo Suárez.

The game is tonight fellas, don't know if it'll be streamed by Justintv, just so you know. Vamos Cremas, we gotta win this game at all cost.
    Player to watch, el vampiro Bryan Ordonez, this kid got skills. Probable player to go abroad in a few months.

13. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Google says 3 hours 19 minutes, but I think you're right, it's probably more like 4 hours.

The surface of the Estadio Cementos progreso is artificial turf whereas Heredia play their league home matches on a grass pitch which is never in great conditions. They did travel 3 days in advance for these matches to practice and get used to it, but Heredia has historically not done bad at the Estadio Cementos, even during 'true' road matches.

14. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Game will be on Canal 13 so more than likely there will be streams available. 20:00 EDT

15. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    edcalvi repped this.
  16. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Great win for Cremas 3-0 with a hat trick from Suarez. I still think the team has some work to do, i know we missed some important players like Contreras and Jairo Arreola, and well i just dont know why Sopegno had Ordonez on the bench all this time. But good win nevertheless.

17. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Ordonez was on the bench because he can't hack it against taller more physical players. That's why I was saying that even though he's a nice player in Guatemala, he wouldn't be able to hang in a physical league.

This is probably why he doesn't get more call-ups to the national team.

18. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    True GoldenOne, but do you remember Plata, or Freddy Garcia, even Ruiz is not that tall either, i can go on and on, Wilfred Velasquez, Contreras, Figueroa, all those guys have been and still are on the national team and they're not 6feet tall either, you know that Guatemalan players are not that tall, we might have 3 or 5 but thats it. Also look at the Salvadorian team, they dont have 6ft tall players either. So i think if we have skillfull players, bring them in, give them the exposure of international games. Porque si estamos buscando jugadores como Campollo estamos jodidos mano.

edcalvi and ChaChaFut repped this.
  19. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Guti, best post you've made all year.

Size doesn't matter. It never will. Athleticism and skills do. Otherwise, South Korea wouldn't make it to the World Cup, Xavi & Iniesta would not mean what it means, Phillip Lahm wouldn't mean what it means, Japan would not have won the women's world cup playing against waaay bigger stronger opposition, etc.

drerodz repped this.
  20. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i learn from the best Cha ;) lol

21. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Nice straw man you built there Guti.

Where did I say he needed to be 6 feet tall? Sh*t if he were at least 5'6 he would be set. But Jesus, 5'2? I know 12 year olds taller than that. Even "Rata" Garcia was taller than that.

He's 5'2 and he plays like he's 5'2. Always on the ground, no composure. There's some successful short players (who are still 4 freaking inches taller than him) but they don't hit the ground like he does.

22. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Look to show what you got you need to play right, I was not the only one that saw that he's a good player, even the commentators where saying and why hasn't Guatemala have more players abroad, they said this kid is a good player. Look right now I can count with my fingers how many good young football players we got in Guate.

23. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Well, I found one guy his height in MLS. Ecuadorian Joao Plata. But does Jimenez have this guy's speed?

24. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hey GoldenOne, i think you gotta all wrong buddy, who's Jimenez????? I was talking about Bryan Ordonez and hell yea he got speed, you didnt watch the first game when Cremas played did you?

25. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    We'll see what the kid looks like against Japan.