CCL: Kansas City vs Toluca (Thur Feb 21st, 7:00PM CST) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Feb 15, 2019.

1. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's a game day thread!

2. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boom. And the season is here!

mschofield repped this.
  3. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be around 20°.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least the last chance of snow is Tuesday....

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though I just realized the snow Tuesday right now is being forecasted as a ‘major event’....

6. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good to hear that it's gonna be really cold. we're gonna need all the built-in advantages we can get in this first leg.

mschofield repped this.
  7. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we're going to advance, we're going to need a couple goals as a cushion. Here's hoping we sneak past Toluca by 7-0. Seriously, I'd think 2-0 would be okay.

8. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to put my tickets up for sale because we are still in Arizona. However, I think watching this one from a sunny and warm place will blunt the disappointment of not being there in person... ;)

9. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    I'm assuming yes, but do away goals count double?

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toluca is winless in 5 now after losing tonight (0-4-1). They've scored just 1 goal in those 5 games, conceding 8.

mschofield repped this.
  12. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Getting a bit too optimisitic, which is always a horrible sign. This isn't a bad team. they are just in a bad patch, and I don't want to see them get healthy against us.
    Anyone who hasn't done a google map tour of their stadium and esp the area around the stadium should. It's pretty cool and completely different. I don't think they put a lot of effort into game day parking.

13. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the satellite view must be old, because if you zoom down to street level, it's updated. you can see they've built a large parking garage with a walkway over the street where that small dirt parking lot used to be. i bet that whole neighborhood is buzzing on game days.

14. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On buzzing, I totally agree. I wasn't implying it wasn't. I think it looks fantastic. It also looks very different from CMP. It has that Yankee or Fenway stadium feel to it.
    Odd thing, the gated community built around the parking garage? I wonder if that's attached to the club?

15. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing that impresses me about their stadium is the altitude: 8790 feet. :eek:

kcfooty repped this.
  16. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In the Leon loss, they didn't look bad until after a really stupid red card. (defender punched the ball with his hand. the sort of foul that will never go undetected in the VAR age). But they do look like a really frustrated side.

17. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Anyone have any idea about how to stream this? I just ask bc I noticed that yahoo sports is supposed to stream it. But, then I access the yahoo sports app, and look for either concacaf champions league and/or sporting Kc i don’t see any future “live” games listed.

18. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    I read that univision deportes will show it too if that helps. This being said, I hope yahoo sports will get that fixed by thursday

19. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just out of curiousity (i've been out of the states pretty much since the invasion of Iraq), what is Yahoo Sports, I thought I knew. In fact, I have friends who have or still do write for them. But they do text and if it's video it's a story. Is it a network or streaming platform of sorts now? Is there a subscription? sorry, i know I'm a caveman, confused by the modern ways.

20. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    Last night during the games I tried out the app and it worked very well after figuring out to view the Schedule tab. once there it was easy to see the games being played, those coming up, and then just tap into one. I didn't spend a lot of time watching, but the stream held up with no lagging. I'm not going to be able to make it to CMP for the game so fingers crossed this works as well on Thursday.

21. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding streaming, I had a similar experience to dgb09. I streamed the Toronto debacle on my phone using the Yahoo Sports app and mirrored my phone to my TV using a free app. There was no noticeable lagging. The miracle of technology.

Side note.....glad we didn't spend money on Terrence Boyd. Toronto look to be much worse than the team that didn't make the playoffs last year.

22. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s ok to wake up now, it wasn’t a dream. SKC 3 - Toluca 0. Wow

Sachsen and mschofield repped this.
  23. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Beyond the wow, i don't know that we could have wanted more from a 9. He was great all evening, held up play well, movement created problems, on the ball he was his old self, scored a goal, had an assist, nice outing by nemeth. allays some concerns, I'd think

24. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Also, the team we just beat was not at all bad, but jeebus they have zero mojo in the attack. they knew they were going to miss when they shot

25. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, I was surprised at how crappy Toluca looked at times. Like when Seth dribbled through the entire right side of their defense and barely lost out at the very end? Yeah, Seth shouldn't be dribbling past all your guys.

That said, Sporting looked REALLY good, especially for a first game of the year. Roger was a monster.

mschofield repped this.