CCL: Kansas City vs CAI (Thurs March 14th, 7:00PM CT) [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing with the bunkering, it illustrates how incredibly important the away goal was. We score that first goal Thursday and it only makes it 2-1 on aggregate I don’t see how we get another to even it on aggregate.

mschofield repped this.
  2. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's why I wasn't too worried that we were going in at a deficit to the second leg. We were in a better position than it looked, especially considering we would play the second leg on an actual pitch, allowing the team to look like they want to.

mschofield repped this.
  3. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely true. I don't blame CAI for the strategy. It was pretty obvious they were going to shorten the game, pack 10-11 guys behind the ball, force SKC to work hard to break them down, and hope they get a chance or two on the counter. My real issue was with the officiating crew not cracking down on the time-wasting a lot earlier in the game. As a referee myself, there isn't a whole lot more that annoys me than time-wasting. The biggest reason is for exactly what we saw in the match - SKC started to get frustrated and take matters into their own hands on a few occasions. Good preventative refereeing would have nipped that in the bud a lot earlier.

mschofield repped this.
  4. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

IASocFan, RefIADad and kcfooty repped this.
  5. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Allen Chapman sure got the memo about time wasting in the Colorado game giving a second yellow to Blomberg which red carded him out of the game. :)

6. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I bet Blomberg doesn't kick another ball away like that again. Bud nipping, indeed.

7. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I admit it - I use a lot of old-fashioned language. I'm not that old, I swear!