CCL Group C [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by Nerroth, Sep 4, 2008.

1. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlante is bringing a full reserve squad. Olimpia should win this one and move up.

2. Nazzer

Nazzer New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Penticton,BC,Canada
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Isn't olimpia also mising many players due to national team callups?

3. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its always interesting when the Goalie scores a goal. So 1-0 at the half for Atlante. Its def. been a competitive game, but clearly Olimpia have been in the box more often, although Atlante seems to have more control in the mid. Only problem is Olimpia can't seem to finish. It'll be an intense 2nd. If Olimpia can find the net, it won't be hard to bounce back for a win. All the pressure is on Atlante now to keep up the performance or they will not keep their win, they have to give just as much effort in the 2nd to even walk away with a tie. So it hopefully will be an intense 2nd, if not I predict Olimpia slowly withering away Atlante's lead.

4. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :D yeah right, wtf is up with the hondurenos having signs that say "pibes" LOL your NOT argentinans what a bunch of posers. atlante is dominating this game, olimpia has been very easy for atlantes reserves defense.

5. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Dude did you notice who made this comment. you guys gotta relax. Hondurans did not say that.

In any case there is no midfield we have now tied but they better keep pressing, really missing the starter in the midfield.

Olimpia looks weak in midfield and the field is not helping.

6. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    1-1
    terrible for Olimpia; better for Atlante; Great for Impact.

tie that feels like defeat.

7. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On second note.... Olimpia by winning 2-0 in Montreal and then beating Joe Public while Atlante beats both Joe Public and Montreal, could bump Montreal out of the group. Of course this is a very, very small margin of workability, assuming Montreal and JP basically stop caring, which I'm sure JP won't after beating Atlante once.

So we have not clinched a spot yet. But it most likely will be solid by next game. Altough I can say, with the Impact finally getting some rest, and playing a Honduran team and what most likely will be atleast under 10 degree weather. VERY SLIM CHANCE.

8. Nazzer

Nazzer New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Penticton,BC,Canada
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Um I'm pretty sure an Atlante win would have been better for both Atlante and MOntreal, as montreal would have guaranteed a spot in the knockout round if Atlante won.

9. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How do the standings look?

10. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mon: 10
    Atl: 5
    Oli: 4
    JP: 3

11. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It created a bottle neck for second and the probabilities that Impact will fall apart are very unlikely. Olimpia will have to send full starting squads to both games but the way this tournament is being treated I highly doubt it.

Overall my point was that the tie helped Atlante more, it still keeps Olimpia under them.

1-Impact 10 points
    2-Atlante 5 points
    3-Olimpia 4 points
    4- Joe Public

12. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So, how did Olimpia and Montreal looked yesterday? I had an exam today so I couldn't watch any of the games due to my studies.

As a Toronto FC fans, it still hurts me a bit that Montreal is the one that's representing Canada. But as a Canadian, I'm happy they're doing well. (even if they're from Quebec.)

Go Montreal! (this is the only time I'm saying this).

As for Olimpia, disappointing tournament so far. I can understand yesterday's game but there's was no excuse for playing so bad against Atlante and Montreal is the first legs. They only have themselves to blame. What happened to the Olimpia of old? This decade has been disappointing when it comes to international tournaments. The last time they did anything was in 2000.

13. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the solution! If we separated, we could get both TFC and L'Impact into the Champions League, then we could beat you at that point. :p:p

14. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

No. Its call being a waggonist. What you think Everybody involved in sports are waggonist? :confused:

15. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

They're actually a Central American side ;)

16. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll have to excuse him...he's Canadian. From Quebec at that!

17. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My apologies. I would change it but can no longer.

18. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Don't worry dude common mistake by Europeans and north Americans, at least its better then others that generalize that we are all Mexicans or Puerto Ricans, so no worries. Or here in south Florida we are all Cubans lol

19. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    I don't think he made the mistake because he didn't know. I think it was simply a subconscious mistake, which tends to happen when you write posts too quickly. Geography is one of the few things BigSoccer posters are actually good at. :D

20. Chef Medeski

Chef Medeski Member

Sep 25, 2008
    NYC
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. That was indeed what it was. Obviously you can't have any south-american teams in Concacaf.....:D

21. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    look at this mexicans and there FULL "HOME AND GROWN" NT .:(

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    his talking about the ultras in honduras. I saw the sign that wankers talking about.

23. Deathdealer

Deathdealer New Member

May 16, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Of course to be honest if like world soccer u learn geography quick, in any case my point was it not a big deal shiate happens

24. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Except, of course, for the Guyanas (Suriname, French Guiana and Guyana)...

25. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    I know many South Americans who don't even know those countries are in their own continent. Crazy FIFA and their wacky confederations. Israel is European and Australia is in Asia according to them.