CCL Group B [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by Nerroth, Sep 5, 2008.

1. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shooting for a new spectrum of pathetic, I see.

2. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    my team is not the one with the possibility of being eliminated by the likes of San Firpo.

MLSers talking about pathetic lol

kettle and pot in da house.

Mexican fan of MLS, lol double whopper.

i guess most hope that all those latins in orange are maras. guess not.

3. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You keep going in circles, I'm talking about your lame ass arguments and backwards logic. Then when you have nothing more to add you result to school yard jabs.
    Most of us in EB are in fact Mexican or of Mexican descent, we don't have sense of supremacy...if there's professional fut in the area, we go. So you can take your double whopper and snobbishness and kindly shove them in your hind quarters.

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    can we try to save this thread please?

lets stick to the topic

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i missied all the firpo games, and im wondering how good are they ? will they beat dynamo? can some one compare them?

6. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i doubt they will beat dynamo but who knows.

IB4TL

7. They only need a tie though.

8. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    We are VERY inconsistent at the moment, both in the league and the CCL. We have had some good moments against the other three teams in our group but i'd be lying if i said the good outweighed the bad. So to answer your question it just really depends on what they feel like doing on the day. A win, is not impossible, if they play the way they had been playing the last two seasons when they won the league, but if we go out there looking for the draw and with no attack, then Houston will probabaly win.

9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess the Dynmao will have to play their full team in two weeks.

10. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Once again visa problems in the USA: http://www.elsalvador.com/mwedh/nota/nota_completa.asp?idCat=6429&idArt=3063793
    Firpo is traveling to Houston with only 16 players...

Injured
    Rubén Quijada
    Ramón Ávila

Refused Visa
    Eduardo Campos
    Herbert Barrera
    Josué Méndez
    Yosimar Hernández

LA Firpo with quite a disadvantage.

11. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dont they play tonight?

12. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  13. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn this sucks. With all the issues with athletic visas lately, why are they waiting so long? If done earlier they could've already appealed. This needs to get dealt with...

14. L.D.11

L.D.11 Member

Sep 23, 2008
    New York
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i think this more than guarantees a Houston win, even though i think they would of won even if Firpo was complete. I too dont like the fact that these athletic visas are denied...i mean come on it kills the competition spirit a bit when the squads are not complete.

15. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's not like they had an extra couple of months to arrange things because the original game got postponed or anything.

16. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am going to watch, should be good entertainment.

17. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thanks for the link

19. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston are keeping this game too close for comfort. They really need to put another one on the board.

20. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    how many mls titles has the dynamo/earthquakes won?

21. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, two with the earthquakes and two with the dynamo, for a total of four.

22. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well games over, and Firpo has been eliminated. No surprise considering we are having a horrible season domestically (with one game left, we are second last in the league). In saying that though, i'm surprised we only lost by one goal. I mean we were missing some players through injury and some more through VISA problems, so i was expecting to concede atleast a couple more.

I actually didn't get to see the game, but from the sounds of some other Salvadoran supporters, we had our chances and held our own throughout the match. It's also being said that the ref was very biased towards Houston, but i don't know how true that is. Can anyone who saw the entire game care to comment on that?

Also, anyone able to tell me how much of Houston's first team actually played this game? Did they even play the seniors, or did they play much of the reserves team again like they did in San Salvador?

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    who won?????????????????

24. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynamoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :)

25. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got back from the game:

Houston played their best 11 available. They were missing two starters due to injury (Barrett, Davis) and two top subs due to yellow cards (Holden, Cameron).

Exciting game. Houston had all the play until they scored then Firpo came out and Houston never counter-attacked competently. For the last 60 minutes Firpo looked on the edge of creating something but never really created a good chance. Houston just always snuffed it out before it was created -- sometimes just barely. Firpo looked dangerous giving the game a thrilling edge. I can't say the Dynamo ever got good control of the game.

The ref crew was: referee: Roberto Garcia (MEX)
    Referee's Assistants: Juan Rangel (MEX); Alfonso Delgado (MEX)

Let me say, I've always thought MEX refs do the best job in CONCACAF. Tonight? Not so much.

It is always hard to take our biases off but I thought the guy was just plain horrible. I have to see a lot to think bias one way or another, and I don't claim he was biased for Firpo, but I can remember many calls that were just plain out-of-this-world strange.
    - Brian Ching got knocked down running at goal, just flattened with a professional foul. Ref waived it on. 5 seconds later Dynamo challenged and the player collapsed getting an immediate whistle.
    - Firpo pinned on the sideline. Player mishandles it out of bounds. Firpo player never claimed a foul, never went down, started to run away. Ref called phantom free kick for Firpo motioning like the player had been shoved.
    - I saw at least two offsides on Houston that were not called.
    - The yellow card against Kei Kamara was unbelievable. Cross came in from the right side. Kamara went after it and the Firpo gk made a brave and good diving challenge right as Kamara got to it, in front of Kamara, waist high. Absolute atrocity of a yellow card. It was two players challenging for a cross. If an attacker can't go after a ball like that you might as well just stop playing.
    - Overall, that ref was disaster. I think more of the bad calls went against Houston, but I would tend to remember them more (as we all do the calls against us).

I think both teams had plenty to complain about but I just can't see any help the Dynamo got. He called 27 fouls on the Dynamo to 12 against Firpo. He handed out cards like candy.

Game was very intense and hard fought. I thought Firpo played better than they did in San Salvador. The goal I thought was a tad soft -- keeper should have kept it out. Saying that, no keeper can be perfect.

The Dynamo played poorly through midfield. De Rosario had a horrible game, turning the ball over time and again. The Dynamo passed the ball out of bounds many times. Crossing was not as crisp as usual.

Firpo/El Salvador fans were numerous. Crowd was about 60% Dynamo, 40% Firpo by my estimation.