CCC: KC v. Morelia (R)

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by GPK, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Tea Men Tom

Tea Men Tom Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Is it possible our WC win over the Tri Colors may have played a role in this butt whooping?

2. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    kc still sucks

I don't doubt that we'll see this kinda motivation from now on. 2:0 really hurt their psyche, which had always taken it for granted that they were superior.

Not to make excuses, but the Monarchs always play poorly outside of the MLS and they not exactly tearing up things here either. It's a shame though, because you'd think that w/ their size and speed advantage, KC would dominate those midgets. Kinda shows you why BA issued an unofficial moratorium on bringing in KC players 4 the Nats.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: kc still sucks

Facts please? We advanced past both W Connection and Santos Laguna to get to this butt whooping. At least we advanced.

2nd place? No, we're not "tearing things up", but our 2 game win streak is tops in the league this season.
    Holy cow, 3 for 3. Tony Meola? And please take the racism/stereotyping somewhere else. If he hadn't ripped up his knee, I would've given 40/60 odds that Chris Klein would've been in Korea, but that's just conjecture. You were 0 for 3 in facts.

4. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Rough night, I guess.
    MLS teams don't travel well, obviously: have we ever gone to Mexico and lost by less than 2 goals? Add to that that KC is just one of those teams that, despite playing generally pretty well, is prone to the occasional a** whooping. I'm just sorry it had to happen to Mexico.

Anybody else read the quotes from Preki before yesterday? He didn't want to play. I wonder how many of the other players felt that way too... We're just not good enough to play like that.

5. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Re: kc still sucks

Not really, but whatever.

6. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    bad result....

regardless of the press or impressions, if the mexicans take this result as any indication of where the countries stand in quality of soccer, then:

1. they are idiots
    2. mike burns sucks
    3. Estados Unidos - 2 (McBride, Donovan)
    Mexico - 0 (Nobody)

7. SportingDK

SportingDK Member

Jun 20, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    This was an embarassment. Preki said before the game that he was not going to take the game seriously because people do not seem to pay attention to these games. Well, I do and I did pay attention. What a disgrace for a professional. I have lost much respect for Preki and KC. KC were embassadors for MLS and the USA, and they disgraced both.

Good for MLS for hyping this game. Keep it up. In fact, I want more international coverage. Boo to KC for letting us all down.

8. jd2084

jd2084 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if anyone read the report on MLSnet.com but I found this a little shady:

"Missing from the Wizards roster were defenders Peter Vermes and Diego Gutierrez and forward Igor Simutenkov. Vermes and Gutierrez did not make the trip while recovering from injuries. Simutenkov was not allowed to enter the country after Morelia did not submit the proper Visa paperwork to the Mexican immigration office prior to the Wizards travel day on Monday. Standard procedures have the host country filing proper Visa paperwork for the visiting team for those players from countries that do not have a relationship with the Mexican Immigration office. Foreigners Dario Fabbro and Stephen Armstrong were allowed to enter without paperwork because Argentinean and British citizens, like United States citizens, are allowed to freely enter Mexico without filing additional Visa paperwork." (from MLSnet.com http://www.mlsnet.com/content/02/cc0808kc.html)

9. SportingDK

SportingDK Member

Jun 20, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Not as shady as KC's approach to the game.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This is very frustrating, ou have to just roll over and die to give up six goals in a half. Very unprofessional performance by KC. I expect more out of a Gansler coached squad.

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And you'll hopefully see some fall out because of it. Saturday's game in DC should be quite interesting. As far as rolling over and playing dead, the halftime score was 0-0, and things were going as planned.

And yes, an MLS side has lost by less than 2 goals in Mexico. Kansas City lost 2-1 to Santos Laguna in Torreon earlier this year before winning the home leg 2-0.

12. SportingDK

SportingDK Member

Jun 20, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    Headquarters needs to send a message to KC that what happened is not acceptable.

At the same time, the bosses should develop a financial incentive system based on performance in international competitions. You win, you get paid. It can be modest, as long as it motivates players.

This would be in line with Garber's making of international competitions more central to MLS's mission.

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS should send a directive to their teams...the next time this happens, the MLS team should kick the ball off, then sit down. Everyone. Give up 100 goals in the first half. And then let the home team deal with the riot.

Between this and the time that the Mexican team couldn't find any officials, so they got some local guys who sent off a couple of MLSers, it doesn't take a genius to see a pattern.

MFL obviously believes that the Confederation won't do anything. (I mean, can you imagine if Dynamo Kiev played Bayern, and a Bayern player's paperwork to get into the Ukraine was "misplaced?") Fine. So MLS should do something. Bring FIFA's attention to things, in a most direct way.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention the Mexican team that wouldn't play in New York after 9/11...

15. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What on earth would that message be and what on earth could they do? Tell them if they lose by more than 3 goals during an international game they'll all be waived? They'll have to give up their first born son? They'll be beaten with tire irons by extras from The Sopranos?

The Wiz melted down. It happens. Chelsea lost to Barcelona 5-1 (or vice-versa, if forget which) in a competition with much more at stake than this one.

Is it emabarassing? Sure- but it is just one game. Yes, MLS could offer more financial incentive to players for wins but I don't think that would have had any effect on those games outcome.

16. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Exactly!

I'm upset at the poor game, but I like knowing there are people with reason out there.

Its like this every time something bad happens in American soccer. One bad game for the Nats, FIRE BA!! One bad game for an MLS team, PUNISH THEM!! Some things just never change.

17. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    http://www.mlsnet.com/archive/intl.html#2001 Boy!Finding facts about your team is just about impossible, but according to the above KC has only played 2 internationals EVER. I went to you news plapers & your crapy team website. Nothing. I'm discounting recent success as an aboration & going w/ what I recall over the 6yrs your team has stunk up the MLS-including that horrible championship game in 2000.
    I've recall seeing kc geting blasted a few times against A-league teams in the open cup and aside from this yr getting drilled by international teams in both friendlies and cup comps.

Facts : http://www.mlsnet.com/statistics/ your crappy team is in 3rd place overall(behind the burn who has a game in hand) & 4th in the playoff race. So kC isn't tearing things up

BA has an super secret hatred of KC players. He's managed to ignore Brown & Garcia(despite being 3x as good as Suarez & having u23 experience) and preki's international career pretty much haulted after Sampson left. Klein is a great player, but saw only limited action b4 he got hurt. Mulrooney got more serious consideration than he did. W/ stewart, jones, cherundolo, heydude & sennah firmly planeted ahead of him in caps, I find it highly unlikely that BA would've depended on him over a more experienced player.

18. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Opinion: You lose credibility when you insist on using such deep adjectives as "crappy" over and over.

Fact: Over the last 10 games for MLS teams KC has a 5-2-3 record, tops in MLS.

Fact: We beat you at your house. We took the series from you this year.

Fact: KC was in the Mercenorte last year, advanced from the group stage, and losing to Santos in close matches in home/away. KC played W Connection and Santos in the FCCC this year, winning both to make it to the semis against Morelia. None, until yesterday, were blowouts. Thats at least 10 games they've played.

Fact: MLS Cups Dallas has, zero. MLS Cups KC has, one. I'll take a "crappy" MLS Cup over none any day. We won the Supporters Shield in 2000 and won the West in 1997. One of the teams to never finish dead last, and made the playoffs almost every year no matter what the format. That is hardly stinking it up for 6 years.

Question: Exactly how many international tournaments has Dallas been in and advance as far as KC has??

If you're going to go shooting your mouth off with facts, get them right.

19. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    That's pretty easy, Dallas hasn't ever played in an international tourney. Never. We have a strong record in friendlies & our reserves dominated chilean league reserves in the preseason.

I heard on the radio this weekend KC has beaten Dallas once since 1998. Chilling isn't it.

BTW, Lamar hunt's ofc is in downtown Dallas. I should know, I had customers in there. I saw Lamar @ the Pete Samprass/Andy Roddick match 3wks ago, he's incoherent & hasn't got much time left. Do you know how close your team came to being moved here if Dallas had been contracted? Now that his son is in serious negotiations to buy the burn and a soccer specific stadium in the metroplex, the time on your franchise playing in your back yard is running short.

20. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Good thing we're talking about "facts".

Hunt isnt incoherent. I've spoken to him at games before. Plus he just travelled to 20 stadiums in two weeks last month at the WC. Doesnt sound like a man on his death bed to me.

That would make a lot of sense, contract Dallas. Then move a franchise there again? Hmmmm, smart. Although I don't think Dallas or KC were ever considered anyway.

Exactly my point about the internationals. KC has been in two tournaments, played 10+ games and been relatively successful. Whereas your team has beat up on some Chilean reserves...

21. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well, to be fair, we beat up some Peruvian reserves...

WuTang
    Even your link on MLSnet is an archive to 2001. Try the 2002 link.

Ben,
    We didn't advance out of the MercoNorte. I think we went 1-3-2 in group play, with the one loss being extremely dubious.

All said, we basically held our own. We didn't rock, but we didn't suck, either. Yesterday, we sucked. sucked hard. But then we beat two teams, one of the the Mexican champions last year, to get this far.

WuTang,
    I don't know what your issues are, but either relax or bring it to the Rivalry forum if you really want to discuss how you feel. This is the News & Analysis forum.

I

22. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    By incoherent(and I don't mean to be disrespectful of a great sports & humanitarian contributor to both of our cities & the country ass well), I mean slurring speach & repeating himself. Plus he's not very sturdy. He's a Great man, but the long journey is nearing an end. It's pretty obvious.
    Either Dallas was going to be contracted or it was going to be tampa because they couldn't get investors to take over operations. Tampa lost out because they couldn't draw. Maimi was folded because the cheep and often moaning owner complained about not being reimbursed for his losses. The monarchs were considering moaning here to earn more from ticket and sales revenue. It made sence to me when I found out from my bro's former contact w/ the Galaxy.

23. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, don't play many internationals. That's good and bad. Maybe we can sign an old ex-(insert country here) international, and, as part of the deal, get there team to tank a friendly to us.

It's newspapers, not plapers.

1996-- 3rd place in West, lost to LA in 3 games in Conference finals (believe we beat the Burn in the first round)
    1997-- Won the West
    1998-- Don't remember off hand, but I think we missed playoffs
    1999-- We sucked
    2000-- Won SS and MLS Cup
    2001-- Semi-sucked, lost to Miami in 3 games
    2002-- currently 3rd and closing fast
    I wouldn't really count that as sucking. 2 bad years out of 7

[/QUOTE][/B]
    Facts : http://www.mlsnet.com/statistics/ your crappy team is in 3rd place overall(behind the burn who has a game in hand) & 4th in the playoff race. So kC isn't tearing things up [/B][/QUOTE]

3rd place does not equal crappy, unless it's out of 3 teams. 4th in playoff race??? that doesn't matter-- that's all the league's doing with the format.

[/QUOTE][/B]
    BA has an super secret hatred of KC players. He's managed to ignore Brown & Garcia(despite being 3x as good as Suarez & having u23 experience) and preki's international career pretty much haulted after Sampson left. Klein is a great player, but saw only limited action b4 he got hurt. Mulrooney got more serious consideration than he did. W/ stewart, jones, cherundolo, heydude & sennah firmly planeted ahead of him in caps, I find it highly unlikely that BA would've depended on him over a more experienced player. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know about BA. We're not a team of superstars, save Meola. We are very effective as a team, however. Preki's international career being halted probably had more to do with the fact that he's 39 now. I would hope it halted. McKeon played at the Confederations Cup in 1999. Klein has scored at the international level, and is surely not out of the running for a future spot. Burns and Vermes are former Nats. In fact, in 2000, when we won the cup, we had more international experience than any team in MLS (Preki, Meola, Johnston, Molnar, Vermes, Okafor, McKeon, Henderson).

Besides, what's your point?? Is your Dallas Burn a crappy team even though they were the only team with a member of the usnats??? Obviously not, but, according to your reasoning, yes. Everything you said about Klein, change two letters, and you could be talking about Jason Kreis, except for Klein is much better suited for the international game.

Go troll at bigwnba.com

24. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    Thank you for correcting my typo, I missed it when I edited my 16th draft of this post. Screw off, EVERYONE makes errant key strokes, faulters on grammar and misspells some words here and there, prim Donna. I guess you're a perfect little OCD aren't you. This isn't the Preamble to the Constitution, it doesn't matter so long as you get the point.
    Aside from Johnson, Kreis and Suarez, the Burn have no Nat caliber players, but have a mix of good teamwork and a salty defense that put us on a 9 game unbeaten streak this year. BA hates jason too for violating some secret stone cutters pledge as an inductee on the Oympics and hasn't seen 5 tries since then despite being the best Americac difference maker in the history of US club soccer. He's still better than Mathis and Donovan and would rape European leagues for goals and assist. his wife and kid keeps him here. Tisk.
    Oh and your old wiz unis looked like they could be worn by Big Gay Al's big gay animal sanctuary.

Trolling here is much more fun & the fish are biting well today.

25. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I can't imagine that's true considering the sideline refs were both Mexican. :rolleyes:

I believe we're still the only MLS team to win in South America in a competition.

Uhh... What? Who on KC is worthy of the being on the national team for the World Cup? Preki is too old, Klein was injured for a long time, Garcia still needs time to develop, Zavagnin is good, but I don't think good enough. Moratorium? Whatever.

Other than losing to San Jose twice (arguably the best team in the league, and we did beat them last time we played), and the Metros once(another really good team), the Wizards haven't lost in 14 games.

I see you live in Durham too, I think we'll send Andy Mead over to your house to talk some sense into you.

Well ok, if you're definition applies to just the Earthquakes, then ok, we're not. But we're one of the hottest teams in the league right now in MLS action.

Uhh.... ok, that's why almost everyone on the 2000 team got capped after the championship. Preki's career understandably got halted, he's too old. He's still good, but he can't hang with 90 minutes of world class soccer.

Brown? God, I don't want to see him in a nats kit anytime soon, he can't finish worth s**t, watch some KC games. This guy is no where near nats standard. Klein got limited action? He got I think more than anyone expected, playing in Qualifiers.

LOL!!!! If I still had a signiture, that would be on it. That's about the funniest thing I've read on here. You are aware what a "friendly" means right?

Yeah, it has to be chilling, chilling to someone who just got done saying we're a crappy side and we aren't exactly tearing up the league.

I won't even respond to that.

Yeah... umm.... none.

You "saw" him at the tennis match but yet you are aware of these things? Umm.... he's done press conferences here for numerous things here lately and haven't noticed any of this "slurring" and "repeating".

Yeah, I heard from my brother's friends uncles's contact with NASA say that the moon landing never happened.

KC isn't going anywhere as it's one of the few MLS teams that is doing good financially.

I think you can take the cake as the most uninformed, uneducated (at least it appears since you can't spell basic english words, "sence" "cheep" "Maimi" "moaning" instead of "moving", etc....), and maybe even the most worthless poster on these boards if the rest of your posts are like these ones since you think rumors and theories are facts and you umisrepresent facts and don't understand what some facts mean.