CCC Day 1: RSL/DC and Charleston/TFC

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tailgate starts at 3pm

Kickoff for first match at 5:00pm

Second match is at 7:30pm

looks like their will be some sort of video webcast via TFC tv

weather should be great so come on out!

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Day 1.............damn that sounds good. Can't wait, its been a long cold winter.

4. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just what the Groundhog said on February 2nd, 6 more weeks of Winter, then Spring will arrive. Today is close enough for me.

5. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks so nice and sunny down there. Up here near DC, it's rainy and dismal. There's a deluge outside. :(

Can't. Wait. For. Wednesday.

6. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Those preparing to watch the upcoming TFC TV webcast, I'll warn you now: the webcast is very choppy. It was like that during the first match, which TFC TV showed.

Just FYI stuff here.

7. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Results below. Highlight to see

DC 2 1 RSL TFC 0 0 Charleston

Thought our boys looked pretty good. Defense was solid, both the keepers tonight looked solid. Hunter made a couple good saves.

You could tell there were some issues going forward but after practicing for only four days, I would expect as much.

here is the Post and Courier post match

some photos from the match

Battery post match

8. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was yesterday in the stadium for the second half of the DC and RSL y the Battery game and I have to say that I have a great time. People are great and the atmosphere was fantastic. It was so good that my daughter (this was her first soccer game) want to come back next Saturday ☺
    About the game I have to say that I am really upset and disappointed, in the first place because Anhausser don’t give any chances to my friend Roldan, when this is suppose the tournament that will define is he stay with the team or not.
    I am even more mad because he keep this kid on the bench went the two players that play in his position look like logs, nothing to show for them. The number 23 was a mild down soccer player and the black kid that play in the second half was even worse.
    The left side of the attack was in one word: dead.
    You can’t try to play all the time through the middle, there to many legs in there, you need to open the field, left you laterals midfielders play, go down to the field and cross some balls to the six feet forward that the team have in the first half.
    Roldan is and excellent attacking left midfielder, skillful and he could be use as a forward is the team need it, his only problem is that he need come back down and defend a little more, but that is something that he can learn pretty quick.
    What I saw yesterday confirm what I been see in the last couple years with the Anhousser’s Battery, them more worry in the defensive aspect than in the offensive, is good that you don’t allowed any goals, but you need scored some if you want to win. The defensive play could make you go to the play off but definitely don’t going to give you any title. This is my last year over in the area and I wish that I could celebrate one with the Battery.
    In the other hand I couldn’t be happier with my friend Bermudez. He has been training apart of the group because and injury on his leg and even with him in the 80% of his capacity he looks great, nice long balls and he almost scored on the first half.
    Well that I have to say about the game last night, may be some people could disagree with me, or some can’t understand my writing ☺, I just hope that my boy Roldan could shows his game and stay with the time.
    One thing is sure I will be on the stadium next Saturday.

If some one has pictures of the game especially of Bermudez please posted over here, my camera runs out batteries after the first game

9. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    overall I thought it was a decent preformence especially considering that they really only have been practicing for three days.

I thought Bermudez had a very good match. Heinemann was the tall forward in the frist half and I thought he did pretty good too.

As to Roldan, I didnt see his name on the roster last night. Did you see him there?

Historically, the Battery has concentrated on defense. And with only having practice for three days. I would say that has been their main emphasize. The offense will come in time.

The post above for the photos has one or two of Bermudez.

Also you and your daughter need to stop by the tailgate! I'd love to meet ya ccuba71

10. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with you that them look pretty decent for only one week of training. But still I think the team look more offensive power and my kid Roldan can give that to the team.

I don't have the roster with me, I was new and just found out abut the roster late on the game, when some one next to me pull one out.

But Roldan was in there, he was the kid with the red shoes, the only one in the team with that color of shoes :), also I think he got the number 29, and he was ready to jump on the field, we was expecting that because Anhousser tell him thursday that he want to see him in this game so we really surprise that he don't came to the game in the second half.

I'd love meet you too, but I was complete lost, I was over the west stants, because Yenier has our tickets ready over there, so I hope see you Saturday I don't come wednesday becuase is a long drive to Beaufort and I have to be at work at 0600 next day.

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear he is still here. He was introduced at the meet and greet last tuesday but when I didnt see his name on the roster last night I was surprised.

Perhaps the coach already has a good idea of how Roldan can play and want to look at the other guys alittle closer?

Just FYI, I stand over in section E10 (look for the flags) during the games and we tailgate near the East Stand entrance, the opposite side of the stadium you were sitting in. We'll probably start around around 3pm.

12. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can not believe what I just hear, them let Roldán go, he under way to Tampa right now, very sad news, well I Still go next saturday to shows support to the team and especially to my friend Bermudez

13. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats too bad. I know a team can only carry seven foreign players on the squad but not sure how the cubans would be classified.

Good luck to him and Bermudez continued sucsess with the Battery

14. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He will use one of those international spots because he hasn't a green card yet, for Bermudez is different because he is resident, what made may really mad about all this is that Anhousser play dirty, he made him come to here went he still got the shot on Tampa, tell him that he will tell him that he going to give him and answer last thursday, thursday tell him that he will way to see him in last night game, made him dress up and every thing to don't put him on the game...
    Wel he knows I just hope every thing go good for both parts.

15. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/krazyfoto/sets/72157623494670103/show/with/4432889404/"]Some photos[/ame] from One of the Toronto fans that made the trip down.

16. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks I spot my self in couple pictures, hahahahahaaha

17. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought couple of the trialists in the 2nd half really made a case for themselves. #21 Brandon Massie worked his ass off and #19 Levi Coleman had a much better touch, than Heinemann did.

18. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I complete agree with you

19. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did Ali do?

20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good defensively but his passing looked a little off . Not worried as it is early and offensively, everyone on the Battery was a little off. Im sure it will come around.

I hear it is on the web again on Wed at thelink above.

21. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well I just found out that the game is at 5 if I found some one to go with me I be there.

22. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep Charleston kick off at 5pm. Ill be out that way around 4pm at the regiment table Under the West stands (Ill be selling raffle tickets for a signed jersey) swing by and say hi ifyou get the chance.
    Mikey

23. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    another batch of photos from a toronto fan

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/salosalvador/sets/72157623632576276/show/"]TFC v. CHS[/ame]

Thanks Nodoubtguy!