Cazzarri IN! - The Other Teams of Serie A Part II

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We will get top four and go all in in Europe.
    Which given how we play now would be an accomplishment.
    Mertens has been involved in 16 goals in his last 16 games - no one else gets near that on our team. If he doesn't turn up we ain't winning much

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  2. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    inter is not wiinning anything this year.They have no deprh.We are a better team than inter but we lack passion which is unacceptable .

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have a much better team. They have a much better coach.

Sacki repped this.
  4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bayern under Ancelotti lacked passion too.

5. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3055 Bedelcigil, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Bayern are ok.They have many trophies in the cabinet.Mueller won every ********in thing in the fckin world before his 30.I can understand his behaviour.It's not true but it's human nature

What do we have? What did Insigne, lozano in the past? NOTHING

LOOK AT JUVE THEY ARE ALWAYS HUNGRIER THAN LAST YEAR

Our mentality is a joke.

Napoli is not a city like london , manchester, milan , turin. Napoli fans need passion ,fight, love just like liverpool(i hate liverpool but that s the truth)

It is not a coincidence they are better with klopp.Look at his passion.

Hustle and Flow and Retrosword repped this.
  6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hate Liverpool too.

If we have no passion, who other than the coach is to blame?

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    How can Napoli not have passion, it's literally what we are known for.

Lozano shouldn't play even insigne is better and callejon is miles better on the right.

It should just be the 2 up front with mertens, it's what sarri created and we still live by it.

Zielinski also shouldn't play too far up field - what does he do? Let him regista with Allan and Fabian in front of him.

Ghoulam needs to have a license to attack, last game he played as an extra CB - hopefully it was because K2 wasn't there.

The positives are that di Lorenzo and Meret are much better than hysaj and reina while the big negative is Jorginho is slowly becoming the best in the world in his position and we still haven't replaced him.

I honestly think it's arrogance from ancelotti that is holding us back - the players shouldn't adept to the system, the system should adept to the players - our central midfield looks thin and we are paying the price every week.

anthonymario repped this.
  8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That happened once Lampard shifted him and his role. His touches have decreased from last year, and the 5 yard passes are more of the past. He's now being asked to pass longer than ever before, and given a more creative role overall. I've watched his change and am truly impressed. He's shooting more than ever, and attacks the box more than before.

9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ******** them all we should go for tonali...

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  10. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    ADL fcuked up not keeping Sarri, I thought this was known. It was literally your only hope to win a scudetto; creating a system so in-tune that it can overcome the financial disparity between Napoli and Juve.

Ancelotti has never been that kind of manager, and you won't be able to buy the ready-made stars he requires to win. Maybe y'all can go on a CL fairy tale run like we did, but I wouldn't expect much more.

Inter will be the 2nd best team in Italy for the foreseeable future, and likely the only hope to dethrone Juve. They're the only club with the money, DoF, and manager to do so.

You're still one of the best-run clubs in the country, and have really good players, I'd just find solace in that. Expecting much more and taking it out on the players is pointless. It's on ADL and his ego. Your only hope is to try the Sarri method again, with someone else. Good luck finding that manager again, and even more luck expecting the fan base/owner to have the required patience.

11. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FWIW Sarri had the chance to knock off Juve and we didn't.

I don't think it matters who is managing this team. The financial discrepancy is just extremely difficult to overcome.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    People forget that the year we almost won was kind of special. We had Piguain scoring important goals and scoring many. Becoming more competitive on the whole should be our objective. Winning the title is an intangible dream, but finishing 2nd, advancing from the CHL group and trying our luck in the next stage is one of a more substantial nature, especially now that we have once again fallen behind in the league, and much sooner than it was necessary or expected at that.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But we came very close snd games were enjoyable. Now we are just going back. Games are tiring.

14. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juve also got better tho. I mean they added Ronaldo after that season lol

The gap was always gonna get larger.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Forget Juve. We get worse results and play horribly despite having a better team.

Our captain admitted he has a bad relationship with the coach.

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I miss Hamsik...

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have no captain!

18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, this is ironic. Anyway, I don't think the football is so bad, but we do seem to lack a big personality in the team, and no matter what people had been saying, Hamsik was a respected footballer. He was respected both for his skill and his humanity.

I like the fact that we seem to have a chance against big teams, which we did not have with Sarri.

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #3069 Sacki, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    That's not fair, at all. We at times dominated City at their best only to lose because Reina couldn't save anything while we missed so many chances, Callejon especially and who can forget Hamsik's open net miss?

We made them suffer and had them by their throats at times with our pressure play.

What will you say if Liverpool beats us by 3 and we get trashed at the 1/8 finals?

We are really not playing well while right now

20. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yes let us celebrate the fact that they tried hard to only get thrashed 3-6 in aggregate against MC, and by finishing a pathetic 3rd in a Group where they got beat by powerhouses Shakhtar (out next round), and Feyenoord (they lost the other 5 games LOL). Don't remind us of that failure please.

21. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yes, I was not fair towards Sarri in my last statement, or a group of them, precisely as you were not fair towards Carlo upon numerous occasions. I was just trying to restore balance. I also think that either the image of Sarri's Napoli has become distorted in your mind, or you have been too fond of the style to appreciate anything else. I do not remember being wholly and absolutely happy with each and every game when Sarri was in charge, as you seem to remember.

Anyway, it is pointless to judge so soon. So far, we have shown both good and bad things this season, so let's wait and see for a little while into the future which one of the two will be amplified and which diminished. Then we can talk freely.

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #3072 Sacki, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    You like getting to the knock out stages, get knocked out and do nothing in the league? I don't

Besides, Sarri never had as deep a squad as Carlo, so he couldn't compete on two fronts - barely one.

I bet Ancelotti would switch jobs with Sarri in a heartbeat. Obviously Sarri has been miles ahead of Ancelotti since Sarri's Napoli days - why even bother comparing?

Where I come from Napoli are being spoken about in paste sentences, because we are slightly above mediocre in entertainment and since we don't win anything, nobody cares.
    If Denmark was a sample size of Napoli growing as a business, I would say it's almost all downhill from here.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The second year in CL was pathetic. But remember we lost to City due to a stupid keeper error and Ghoulam's injury. Guadriola called us the strongest team he has played. But let's not look for excuses it was pathetic to lose to Shaktar but that season we got the most exciting season and came closest to the title since Maradona.

Last season with a stronger team was over in December. Let's see how this season goes. But games have been painful and boring and even if we make CL quarter final the season will not be exciting if the league is over in October.

Sacki repped this.
  24. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hey listen, if Ancelotti fails miserably on both fronts, then he needs to go as well. I'm not here to defend him, but it's still a tad too early to castrate him.

The defense of Sarri gets comical though. If I remember correctly he had Hamsik, Allan, and Jorghino with Zielinski, Rog and Diawara on the bench. Tell me, aside from Elmas, what does Ancelotti have on the bench in midfield? How is this squad any deeper? You can't defend going 2-0-4 with 6 points to show in that garbage Group.

Ciro Di Marzio and Sacki repped this.
  25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #3075 Sacki, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    I agree to most of this. However zielinski has matured now and Elmas is heading towards becoming a class player... Rog and Diawara were never a good fit.

And what about Ruiz? he would have done wonders under sarri I'm sure. I said ******** Sarri for going to juventus, but I'm still grateful for he has done and would welcome him back.
    Carlo seems to have given up because he believes he hasnt been provided with good enough players.

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.