Cauldron in the St. Patty's parade

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by SarsippiusKC, Mar 1, 2012.

1. SarsippiusKC

SarsippiusKC Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there's a lot of us that are walking in the parade on St. Pat's, but I was wondering if anyone had any info regarding where we're supposed to meet up before the parade, where to park, etc. Anyone know anything or are you all as much in the dark as I am?

2. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bobby & I were talking about this last weekend....basically in the place you are on it....

3. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Good questions.

Please dont quote me, but its been mentioned to me that there is a final St. Pats Day Parade organizational meeting (or something of that sort) that doesnt take place until March 13th. Yes, thats a short period of time before the Parade on the 17th - and is not of our making. I am not saying logistic info wont be made available sooner, but I think the Cauldron (and parade entries generally) are a bit at the mercy of the powers-that-be on this one.

My understanding of the parade route is that it runs South from 33rd and Broadway to 43rd and Broadway. Its my understanding that 31st street will be blocked off to traffic.

4. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a Facebook page for the parade. All info there. We are meeting at Johnny's Tavern in Power & Light before the parade and and bussing over to the starting line.

Also, you may want to RSVP to the parade on the Facebook event page. They want a head-count.

5. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If you are wondering about your car, the plan is also to bus back from the finish of the Parade to Johnnys too. Of course we could all just take the light rail system... oh wait, nevermind.

6. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
    I know its taking a long time for the details, we are really close. Plan on being at Johnny's at 7am.