Casual Shoe thread 2, in honour of long lost Casual Shoe thread 1....

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Case, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    airs squeak with age and the "air" actually diffuses thru the casing via equilibriation, so over time they gonna be less bouncy anyways...talk under the insoles does help the squeak tho...
    Nah the "tn" is just one of many variations on the max libne, tho why tailwind is shortened to tn and not, say, tw I'll never know....
    was looking at a pair in sports soccer today, nice, in the CORRECT colorway (black/red/white) BUT cudn't justify £70 on shoes sooooooo mainstream....
    Funny, I totally disagree with tbm about £100+ being a rip-off for soccer shoes, YET think £70 sportsoccer reduced priice for runners is ridiculous!

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Pink and white :)

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss my Nike Shox Turb Oz's :(

Someone stole em I had em for 2 years amazing boots got em for $100 now they $115 on Nike ID :(

Super COmfy great trainers especially when I did some running!

4. maccafan89

maccafan89 Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Doncaster, ENG
    Brand New Nike Rifts, White/Blue - Ive also got some black/green/red ones 10th anniversary ones, but they knackered now!
    Hope to keep these ones in good order!
    [​IMG]

5. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What on earth are those shoes for?:eek:

I saw somebody wearing them on TV in the Pompey game in the dugout, but I thought it was perhaps a girl physio!

Not meaning to be rude, but those are crude!

6. maccafan89

maccafan89 Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Doncaster, ENG
    haha, Nike Rifts - quite popular round my end! (Doncaster)
    Sure more people have heard of them/got some?

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I wanted a pair a while back but 1) I know they'd stink as I have sweaty feet (LOL), and 2) I can't be arsed to pay out so much for the socks!

8. maccafan89

maccafan89 Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Doncaster, ENG
    haha my first ones stink because I used to wear em all the time without socks, had to put em in washing machine, odour never really came out despite odour spray etc...
    You get one pair of socks free with the trainers (at £75 you should do! haha), I'm just about to order some fake ones off ebay, as Nike don't sell them seperatly!
    You can wear normal socks with them, not as comfy though!

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah, looks a tad awkward. I was looking at getting the Jamaica ones, or the Blue Ronaldinho ones they have in Foot Locker. They are nice!

But sometimes, especially with Rifts and Tn's, the womens' designs are sooooo much better than the mens ones! So annoying!

10. maccafan89

maccafan89 Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Doncaster, ENG
    True,
    Mens come in full sizes (7, 8, 9 etc) and womens come in half sizes (7.5, 8.5, 9.5 etc)
    I am a 9.5 in them, my 10's are too big, and 9s are too small, but haven't really looked at womens ones.. might have to..?

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

That's the thing, they are a bit thinner and therefore more snug. I'm a size 11 and have found womens' trainers in a size 10.5 that fit me perfectly on several occasions!

12. maccafan89

maccafan89 Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Doncaster, ENG
    Dya think anyone will notice if I got some bright pink ones ? haha

13. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Have you seen my Tn's!! :D

14. oconnor16

oconnor16 New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Canada
    Could someone please fill me in on what they are?

15. Skizz

Skizz Guest

NP. Rifts are Nike running trainers. The main thing that makes them different is that they have split toes and have two stretchy velcro straps. They are probably the most comfortable trainers made by Nike as they put little pressure on the top of the foot, as the shape exactly mirrors the foot. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

16. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got me a new pair of Nike Shox which I loved so much again I'm soo happy !!! :D

17. Skizz

Skizz Guest

FAO Case - I found the old thread, but I won't bring it back from the dead out of respect for the new one! It's funny how the whole Casual Shoe thing started though!

18. oconnor16

oconnor16 New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Canada
    Oh interesting. They sort of remind me of the Nike free trainers. But why isn't the upper completely covered?

19. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I dunno. Since they are normally mesh (although leather ones have been released recently) I don't think they are intended as a winter trainer. Although it could be one of nike's "innovations".

20. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Don't feel bad, i thought the same thing. I've never seen those before, and tbh, if i never do again, i'll be ok with that....:rolleyes:

(now someone find me a pair of white/red/blaze Vs in a 11!!!!!!)

21. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone think the Nike 180 trainers are cool? Was at a shop yesterday and they look really nice in person looked chunky in pictures but they are cheap also $70 or so but I wanted my shox :D

22. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    close it and link it, so I can at least see wot the fuss was all baout back when....

23. Skizz

Skizz Guest

LINK

The thread title's great, for a start!

The next best thing is seeing how we got onto the subject of what shoes we wear!!

24. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I thought the exact same thing. "how the hell did this thread turn into what we wear." then i thought "who cares??"

25. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    hah, now that is a proper hijack!

and back to the rift's, man, they been big here for a minute! the chavs with a bit of cool about em rock em 24/7, dude at my gym imports them and sells like 50 a week on ebay! Im reliably told they the most comfy shoes ever, even with the sketchy toe deal, tho since I can't get the hot pink, well, doesn't seem worth it....
    they did some nice WC colorways mind