PBP: Casey's 16th • 2 all time MLS scorers face off • Sat., Aug. 10 • 7pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Aug 8, 2019.

1. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    If you take out his first two games (which came in what, his first 9 days or so) then we are 7-3-3 in our last 13.

That’s a 1.846 PPG with a +6 goal differential under the Casey era.

2. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enjoyed the game last night. In fairness, that could've gone the other way if San Jose had gotten one of the post save goals and then eased up on the pressure. The altitude really helped there.

3. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that was paid, but I dod not thing there were even 10,000 there, I'd guess 7,500. Part of it is the classic Rapids season start, always in last place, part the soon back to school/pre-term vacation stuff. Ask the average sports fan to name a starter aside from Howard.

R

4. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ........and further, was the MOTM Rubio or the West Goal Right Frame upright???

m vann, Sports Yak and fortcollins repped this.
  5. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right Post was a great player for both teams ... he should get team of the week honors from MLS Soccer

COMtnGuy and fortcollins repped this.
  6. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 14, 2009
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For an interim coach with no previous experience and who doesn't watch soccer at home, that Casey fellow has sure done an admirable job. Some folks just seem to have a knack for handling "bottom" players and getting the best out of them.

7. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Being bad/having unrecognizable players/kids going back to school have been factors pretty much every year for the last 4-5 years. The last two games have seemed sparsely attended even allowing for that.

8. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a shame we had to endure the Hudson debacle. These guys are fun to watch and could be pushing for the playoffs. The match was an open, attacking affair, the kind where you sit on the edge of your seat and wait for the drama to unfold. The post was the drama in this match. This was Rubio's best match as a Rapid. He is playing with absolute confidence and I love that he has freedom to roam because it allows Kamara to benefit.

Stuart95 and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  9. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    I was wrong.

IMG_3469.JPG

10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Early in the match it looked like the Rapids had no clue about how to slow things down on their left side. Tommy Thompson and Shay Salinas sometimes with Magnus Eriksson were getting to the end line too easily.

Interestingly, one the Rapids scored this wasn't working for the e-quakes as much.

Love the opportunistic nature of the 'Pids. They can create chances quickly.