Casbah Membership

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by Melman6, Dec 29, 2007.

1. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done. Bring it on.

2. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally, the PayPal link is up. Long overdue!

Yep, I signed up and I get dibs on one scarf. :p

That would be an extremely great idea. Now, I don't know exactly where everyone will meet at the PAL game except for the parking lot. As for Kezar, I would heavily go for Kezar Pub.

For STH, the PAL game is free--just need to show an ID. As for Kezar, it's $15 and tix are only available at the gate based on what's been announced. In that case, I would recommend getting to SF as early as possible.

Good time to plan now.

3. ajvf97

ajvf97 Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where will The Casbah/Supporters groups be sitting for the game vs. Chicago on 4/12/08 at Oakland Coliseum? I understand tickets went on sale today and would like to get tickets for that section even though I'm not a member and don't live in the Bay Area so going to Quakes games will be at a premium for me. I would love to be part of the atmosphere for the return of the Quakes, though.

4. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    Section 134 for the Casbah... I'm not sure about the other groups.

5. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1906 Ultras are right next to the Casbah in Oakland.

6. Quake408

Quake408 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    San Jose
    quick question...so if i have two people to sign up....is there a way to pay for both at the same time rather then sending a payment twice. Also i do not mind paying the extra 1.03.

Thanks

7. Quake408

Quake408 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    San Jose

nevermind i just sent the payments...glad to join:)

8. meltoid

meltoid New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    san jose
    im official now! payment in!

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    after years thinking a heart can't hold more than one club (imagine the mental distress of those who think they can support milan and MU and barça! :rolleyes: ) i've decided that where no conflict of interest is possible, and there is a real reason for following a club... why not?

I recently got my supporter's card for canon de yaoundé (marc-vivien foé's first club... kpa-kum!) and since i hold a BA from SJSU, i'm thrilled the quakes are reborn and am going to start following them too.

i've looked at the 'quakes site, your site, that of U1906, and would like to apply for membership in the casbah but can't get anywhere to pick up my scarf in person. is that the only way to get it?

btw, the casbah is a great name, and one of the reasons made my choice, but where does the name come from?

10. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    A weird story of Quakes history. I'm not in the Casbah, but I'm here so I'll answer it. When San José was given an MLS team in 1996, they were named the San José Clash for four (maybe five, I forget) seasons. An odd name for a team, yes, but the first supporters' group for the Clash came up with a great name for their group, the Casbah! You probably know that "Rock the Casbah" is one of The Clash's (the band) most famous songs. When the team became the Earthquakes, the group basically said, hey, why change the name of our group? It's a cool name and it's got history already, so ******** it! :D The group being called the Casbah and that having nothing to do with Quakes or seismology or the like is one of the more awesome parts of this San José club, IMO.

11. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If you're in San Jose (or nearby), you can get your Casbah scarf from me at my downtown office. (And if you're out of state, I can have it mailed to you.) Will need word from peerless leader Casbah Mel that you're membership dues are paid. Email me at dpg2003@aol.com.