Casbah Coliseum Caravan

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by Melman6, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Melman6

Melman6 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Fremont
    Hey all,
    Those of you taking Bart from the Fremont Station (or other stations) may want to meet up and choose a particular train and car to claim. That way you'll be able to practice cheers, etc. on the way to the game. Personnaly I'm going to have to drive, but I just wanted to get the ball rolling on this discussion.

2. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Speaking of something like this, 19U06 is all meeting outside and tailgating/marching in together. We'll be practicing chants and such. If you guys want to meet us there and we can ALL go in together, which would be freaking mental, than you're certainly welcome. If not, that's cool too.

3. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    I'll most likely be taking BART. And I will likely ride my bike to the station, so I will need to be on a bikes-allowed car.

4. janeweed

janeweed New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I have checked out the BART schedule for Saturday. What time looks good? 9:30, 9:48, and/or 9:50 AM? (It's a 26 minute trip to the Coliseum.) Cost: $3.40 1-way. Peace, Jane

Depart Board Arrive Notes
    Fremont 9:30a 9:56a Coliseum/Oakland Airport Richmond train
    Bikes Allowed

Fremont 9:48a 10:14a Coliseum/Oakland Airport Daly City train
    Bikes Allowed

Fremont 9:50a 10:16a Coliseum/Oakland Airport Richmond train
    Bikes Allowed

5. meltoid

meltoid New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    san jose
    I guess it all depends on what time the tailgating usually starts. me, Im not a morning person so I like the latter of the three times posted. but I think we should have a range. like show up at 9:35 and meet and greet for 15 minutes to give everyone time to get on at the :48 or :50 train, cause once the train goes it is gone. also is there a way to see what times the train arrives at each stop? so we can say, get on at this time if u are in this city?

6. Melman6

Melman6 New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Fremont
    As far as I know there isn't really a start time for the tailgate (which is done by Club Quake). Parking lot gates open at 10:30AM. I expect that the grill won't be setup and ready for burgers til about 11 something.

7. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    i'll be catching BART in fremont as well, would love to join the collective. i'll be checking for determined times. i have no predilections one way or the other.

cheers,
    battch
    GO QUAKES!!!

8. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    I'm going to go with the 9:50 train...

Look for the dude with a bike wearing a 'quakes jersey.

9. meltoid

meltoid New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    san jose
    Fueco, how about a compromise and lets go on the 10:10 one? Then we would arrive at 10:36. Its a richmond train too, which is good cause I know the richmond there sits for a few minutes there to wait for the daly city train to move out the way. That way we can get situated before the train starts a-movin'

10. meltoid

meltoid New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    san jose
    forget my last post. we have to be there right when the gates open!!!! There will be so much to do before the game and so little time. everyone lets get on that 9:50 train!!!!! The pre-game schedule was posted and its best to get there right early.

9:40- Meet at Fremont Bart
    9:50- Get on the Richmond Bound train, Casbah Caravan.
    9:55- Union City Quakes fans jump on board
    10:00- South Hayward Quakes fans jump on board
    10:04- Hayward all aboard
    10:08- Bay Fair all aboard
    10:12- San Leandro all aboard
    10:16- Colliseum, Open those gates! Quakes fans ready to rock!

11. yadayadayada

yadayadayada New Member

Apr 11, 2008
    san jose
    after some mental deliberation, i decided i'm going to ditch my other prescheduled plans and go to the game. i'll be there at the fremont bart station, looking out for other soccer nuts!

i'm totally new to the bay area though and don't have an earthquakes jersey -- is there a way to get one before tomorrow?

12. Fueco

Fueco Member

Feb 7, 2008
    San Jose
    The Sports Authority at the Great Mall (Milpitas) had a bunch as of Wednesday... And tshirts and other stuff.

13. yadayadayada

yadayadayada New Member

Apr 11, 2008
    san jose
    thanks for the info!

i am such a late-comer... are tickets in the casbah section all sold out?? just went to the website and there wasn't even a $20 ticket option... :-( i read somewhere the casbah's in section 134? damnit! i'm needing some rowdiness!

14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    See my post to you in the ticket exchange thread on the main board.

Also, in your search for Quakes gear, check out Soccer International in Sunnyvale.