Carson Porter out as Hammerheads head Coach

Discussion in 'Wilmington Hammerheads' started by mbsc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't say this wasn't expected. All you need to know is this- "...at 3-15-9 this season, the Hammers are guaranteed a last-place finish for the first time in their 20-year history. The 15 losses is a franchise record, and three wins would be an all-time low for a club that has made the playoffs in 12 of 18 the seasons it's existed."

http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...Title=Porter-out-as-head-coach-of-Hammerheads

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wilmington, NC – Wilmington Hammerheads FC announced that Mark Briggs has been appointed head coach for the upcoming 2016 USL regular season. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.
    “I am very honored and excited to be named head coach of Wilmington Hammerheads FC,” said Mark Briggs. “My goal is to continue the tradition of excellence in this community. Wilmington has become home and I am blessed and honored to lead this team.”
    Prior to his new role with the Hammerheads, Briggs was the club’s assistant coach during the 2015 USL regular season alongside former head coach Carson Porter. Porter stepped down from the role in September following the end of the season.
    Briggs will begin full-time with the club on November 1, 2015. The early appointment will a llow Briggs ample time to begin planning and preparation for the upcoming season in regards to player recruitment and scouting.
    “My goal is to bring success to this community and put together a team that we all want to support and be proud of.” said Briggs.
    Briggs also provided a recent role with Wilmington Hammerheads Youth FC. The former technical director of the youth club will continue to maintain a strong presence and will work alongside the youth club staff and coaches to ensure a strong connectivity between the professional and youth levels.
    “We are very excited to add Mark Briggs as the new Head Coach for Wilmington Hammerheads FC,” said Wilmington Hammerheads FC General Manager Jason Arnold. “Mark brings great playing experience both abroad and in the USL and his knowledge of the game and our league will support his coaching ability. This is a win for our club and for our community. Mark is very well-known and liked in Wilmington and his appointment will help us continue to push our culture of One Club. One City. One Community. “
    A former Hammerheads player since 2009, Briggs has a professional playing career that extends back to 1998. He has had previous stints with West Bromwich Albion, Herfølge BK, Notts County FC, Shrewsbury Town FC and Mosta FC of the Maltese Premier Division to name a few.
    For more information regarding Wilmington Hammerheads FC, please contact (910) 777-2111 or visit www.wilmingtonhammerheads.com.