Carribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this story?

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bana2166, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Re: Carribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this st

New York city has oficially about 150 000 haitians but the real numbers are closer to 500 000. In Miami ( south Florida), the official numbers say there are about 250 000 haitians but the real numbers are actually close to
    650 000 ( according to many haitian organisations). Little Haiti counts for only a small portion of the haitian population in Miami.( 40 000: 85% haitians, 12% hispanic) It is important to mention that many living in New york and mostly Miami, are illegal. There is also a large haitian population in Boston,
    50 000, and Montreal, 100 000.

As for France, there are about 300 000 of them in the whole country.
    The largest population of Haitians outside of Haiti is actually in the Dominican Republic, about 1 million.

2. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Re: Carribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this st

well it depends the country, in Canada it's without a doubt Montreal which makes sense since a french speaking majority live there and Toronto has a lot too. In the US it's like 1. Miami, 2. New York, 3. Boston but LA and Atlanta have large Haitian contingent too. I dunno about the estimate in Europe. As for the Haitian Diaspora team, the players, names, and pictures are all in this article about the team http://www.haitifoot.com/nonos_team.php and if you notice their jerseys it looks like the Diaspora team is being sponsored by Joma which also sponsors the Costa Rican NT.

3. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

How strong is that team? Can these players actually play for the Haitian NT?
    I read there will be a game today against the Montreal Impact, USL champions. Could be interesting..

4. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
  5. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

I know someone who plays in CFA2
    Lusitano Saint Maur or something like that

6. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

whats Lusitano St Maur heritage?

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Portuguese.

Metro

8. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    What's his affiliation with Haiti?

9. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

No affiliation to Haiti ... MetroChile was just saying he knows of another player playing for the L'Union Sportive de Luzenac (ou US Luzenac) Club in France

10. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Ill say again, I know a guy who plays for US Lusitanos Saint-Maur in the CFA, hes not from the Caribbean, now it seems very stupid I mentioned it

11. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    lol it's kool, on that note the guy i work with in Boston is Paulo Wanchope's younger cousin, i was like woah

12. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Anyone have any predictions for group B & F this week? For group B i have Barbados and St. Kitts & Nevis making it out, and for group F probably Martinique and Guadeloupe.

13. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    I believe that also Antigua & Barbuda have a chance to qualify . They are the host and got some good friendly results. They beat St Vincent last month which Barbados only drew against this month.

In group F , I also expect Guadeloupe and Martinique to qualify.

14. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Antigua & Barbuda won 5-3 over Anguilla to go top of the group after St. Kitts & Nevis drew 1-1 with Barbados.

Anyone know the Group F scores from today?

15. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Haitian national team coach, Carlo Marcelin has shown alot of desire to not only qualify for Gold Cup 2007, but to bring home the Digicel Cup for the Haitians. For the past months he had been contacting his international players in the Americas and Europe.

Soon after Haiti's friendlies with Dominican Republic, in which Marcelin used only Haitian league players, the coach's assessment was simple....the team has no problem scoring, their achilles heel is their defensive back. The first name he spoke of as in players the team would desperately need was Josue Mayard, who is currently playing his football in Norway. Luck would have it, the defender was contacted in time and will be with team by the time they get to Jamaica.

And now Pierre Jean Jacques has been contacted as well and at the moment is questionable to join the national team since he's restarted training with his French Ligue 1 club FC Nantes. I might add that this might not be the best assembled squad of the Haitian national team, but they will be very loaded offensively for this competition.

[​IMG]

i got all this info from sakapfet.com, thx haitifoot

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Yesterday :

Dominica - Martinique 0-4
    Guadeloupe - Saint Martin 1-0

17. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Digicel the official sponsor of the FHF has issued the senior national team new uniforms to be worn beginning with the Digicel Cup, which begins for the Haitians next tuesday.
    According to the same article, about 40 players around Europe are in contact with the Federation and they will be used if Haiti goes to the next phase of the competition. Carlo's current roster that he'll be bringin to Jamaica will consist mostly of Haiti's North American contingent of players such as league players from the US, the Haitian Diaspora Team, as well as players from the Haitian Premiere Division

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"this uniform is too ugly man. Digicel stop playing with people face man. that uniform i'm seing with Dadou and the crew wearing is our national team uniform are you serious? come on.................... "-phaiti

18. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I know Paul Ifil scored for Barbados in that one

19. cuban19

cuban19 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Results:

Barbados-Antigua 3:1

St Kitts&Nevis-Anguilla 6:1

20. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

damn that uniform really is kind of ugly. This isnt a club...this is the NT. You can't have the sponsors name in big letters on the jersey like that.

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  22. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No match reports yet, but according to the digicel site, Martinique and Guadeloupe beat St. Martin and Dominica respectively, by similar 1-0 scorelines. The result eliminates the losers with one game to go, while Martinique and Guadeloupe advance to the second round of qualifying.

23. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    that's what i'm talkin about too, but Digicel has the ability to start selling those jerseys worldwide and i know alotta Haitian fans including myself who would want to represent. I don't think it looks that bad without the logo on it.

24. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Second round Group I :

Martinique, Guadeloupe, Bahamas and Cuba.

25. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Thats true. They should replace the Digicel logo by the players number and make the logo smaller on the top right side of the jersey.