Carribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this story?

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bana2166, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Is Cuba and the Bahamas advancing into the same group next round?

2. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  3. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    I'm not surprised by the way the Guyanese NT has been tearing it up lately. I think they would have a good chance of winning the group and perhaps even making it to Trinidad & Tobago for the final round of 8 but only time will tell.

4. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    I just checked out the official website, wow i've never seen so much hype behind the Caribbean Nations Cup before. It's a beautiful thing, whateva Digicel has been doing to advertise this Cup, keep it up. Even the trophy looks better lol, and check out the official tournament song, sum serious soca music lol. LIFE, PASSION, FOOTBALL!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cuban19

cuban19 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    I live in the U.S but my father and two brothers live in Cuba.

6. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Re: Caribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this story?

Hey check out the brackets and see how everything is setup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: Carribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this st

Pardon my ignorance, but is this a youth level tournamente or full NT one?

Metro

8. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the conventional wisdom was that the Cuban exiles hated Cuban national teams? (not being a smartass, that is the conventional wisdom)

Was your brother on the 05 Gold Cup team?

9. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Caribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this story?

Just taking the time to put together that webpage is a huge step up for the CFU! :D

10. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Re: Carribean Digicel Cup in September 2006! Does anybody know anything about this st

A full NT and the Caribbean qualifying tournament for Gold Cup 2007

11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Surinam - Grenada 1-0

12. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Netherlands Antilles - Guyana 0-5

Guyana qualifed.

13. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados

Full NT one

14. cuban19

cuban19 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    To Flyin Ryan:

No,my brother did not play in the last Gold cup and about your comment "BLOOD is stronger than anything" in this world, no matter how my political inclinations are my family is sacred and unbreakable.

Don't judge the Cubans by the information your are receiving, remenber today all the news are for sale and not to inform the world.

And PLEASE!!!!! lets talk about football not politics believe me I deal with this nightmare every second of my life.

"VIVA EL FUTBALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

15. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok. Just curious.

Good luck to your brother. Looks like he'll probably be playing Martinique and Guadeloupe in addition to the Bahamas next month probably.

16. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another group down in the books.

Guyana 1-0 Grenada
    Netherlands Antilles 0-1 Surinam

So the home team does not advance. And Guyana gains revenge on their WCQ first round defeat to Grenada.

Guyana 9pts +11
    Surinam 6pts -3
    Grenada 1pt -2
    Neth. Antilles 1pt -6

Guyana and Surinam will meet two of Antigua & Barbuda, St. Kitts & Nevis, Anguilla, and Barbados.

17. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    cuban19 , I want to know situation of footballers in Cuba

are they full-time players including yr brother ?

18. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    Haitian national team coach Carlo Marcelin announced that Haiti will have most of their overseas players for their upcoming Digicel Cup group play in Jamaica.
    He's already contacted Stephane Guillaume and Jamil Jean-Jacques(Miami FC), Jerrod Laventure(New York Red Bulls), Fabrice Noel(Colorado Rapids), Jean Jacques Pierre (France), as a well as a couple new faces such as Wyn Belotte (Toronto Lynx). The Montreal native has played with the U20 Canadian team which played in the 2001 FIFA World Youth Championship and has already made appearances with the Haitian Diaspora Team.
    The other player to watch is Louis Mercier (France), we're in the process finding what club he plays for. Also unknown is if Marcelin will contact Josue Mayard, currently playing in Norway.

19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    I know Josue Mayard , he play regulary for second division club Pors Grenland in Norway.

20. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    If you know him get him in contact with the FHF!

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    I dont know that well .... Pors is struggling in second division and im not sure if they relaese him for matches except on FIFA dates. Season in Norway is finished from beginning of November , so it would be easier then...

22. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

FlashEP ... is name is Pierre Mercier, not Louis and he plays in France for Union Sportive de Luzenac
    Club web site and Info about Pierre Mercier
    http://www.usluzenac.info/index.php?param=fiche&&idx=188

[​IMG]

http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/23358.html

Pierre MERCIER
    Défenseur
    Taille: 1.75m. Poids: 65.00kg. Nationality: France
    Né le: 07/09/1982 sur Fond Cochon ( Haïti )

23. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

Is that club in the 3rd division?

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Do you know any other players that have played for that Haitian Diaspora Team? (I am just curious.)
    And, also, this is a more general knowledge question, but I was wondering where the biggest Haitian community was? Could it be Miami? (Little Haiti, no?) I am assuming the most Haitians that are abroad live in the States and Canada (due to size), but I am assuming there is also a lot in France, no?
    Does anyone have any numbers for this?
    Thanks in advance for any info!

Metro