Carolina Morace Resigns

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Kannegiesser, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Kannegiesser

Kannegiesser New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    I suppose this is not a surprise but I am disappointed because I think she is exactly what the WNT needs going forward:knowledgable, supported by her players, but without the historical agenda of the Pretenders across the Nation.

Given a pool with a better first touch and the ability to play with possession in order to defend, she would create a rival to the other teams above them in the world rankings. The frustrating part is that this undeveloped pool likely already exists but Morace was only presented with the pool she inherited from the "Direct" development programs and had to sift through these to find a facsimile of the kind of players she wanted to work with.

How long will it be before the squad gets another decent tactical coach or will they swing back to the Pellerud-style play, thereby descending back into the Mesozoic-era of soccer in Canada.

I have stated many times, that the country lacks a national style of play and until this is settled, chaos and confusion in player development and the spotty successes of the national teams will continue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...d-cup-review/2011/07/22/gIQATDFfTI_story.html