Carlos Villanueva, Al-Shabab (R) (News, etc..)

Discussion in 'Chilenos en el Exterior' started by ElMuneco, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Re: Where Should Villanueva Go

exactly...well said Caturro, you win a cookie.

[​IMG]

2. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

... I need milk. :(

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Anda de chistosito el chuncho ingles este! :D:)

Metro

4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Debería quedarse en Chile, pero jugar en COBRELOA, obvio:cool:

Ahora bien, siendo realista, creo que el fútbol brasileño sería ideal para él.
    (de Europa, sería España o Portugal, o incluso Francia).

5. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

RIVER would be a good stop, he has to learn how to mark properly...as has been said.

As for spain, hopefully it won't be a major team initially in which he will be sitting on the bench for the first years. The best quality Carlitos has is his character. He's not as shy and reserved and depression prone as MATI and he's much more mature and hardworking than VALDIVIA.

I think he might prosper more than either of those two, even if he has less talent.

6. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I head his current coach talk about how he would tear up when getting corrected. I do think he is more disciplined than Valdivia but i dont think he is less shy or reserved than Mati, he, in my opinion is worse than mati in that case. However, he is still too young and should fix that soon.

I only wish that in whatever team he goes to, he plays as a winger forward rather than a playmaker so we can play both him and mati in the national team.
    As far as Valdivia is concerned, he can be a starter in Real Madrid and i would give a crap till he apologizes to Chile.

7. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Re: Carlos Villanueva

That's an interesting comment. One thing that may play into Villanueva's favour, as opposed to MATI's, is that he's used to being second fiddle. When he played in the under 20 he was a sub behind Mati. On the adult team he's a sub behind Mati. They played together a bit in the under 17 but then he was a sub behind MATI.

He knows how to handle being behind someone and still prospering when the opportunity was there. Last year when everyone was all over Mati and Colo Colo he had an absolutely brilliant season. And now that he's the star he's really standing out.

8. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Certain doubts arise whenever both Villanueva and Fernandez are compared. Is Fernandez definitelly better than Villanueva? Was it just preference that kept Villanueva from being a starter in the youth NTs?

I think Fernandez can be more explosive while Villanueva is all about finesse and clinical finishing. Both can dribble... in a lot of ways, although they definitely have distinct characteristics, I can say they play at a similar level.

So, my question is... if both players are of similar level, what kept Villanueva on the bench?

9. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Villanueva is getting better as time marches on, and he's currently leading the Clausura in goals something he wasn't doing prior. When Matias Fernandez was playing in Chile he was outshining many players because a lot of the attention was aimed at him. He was the golden boy at that moment where now Villanueva has taken the reigns.

10. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Pedro Carcuro menciono k en el partido, estaban agentes del Ajax con la maleta con contrato altiro. K lata k jugo mal ahi,

11. Arañas

Arañas New Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

You can't base a player on one game alone and if that was the case their loss.

12. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I know, he said that too ;)

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

know its not such a great place to go cause now they suck but according to futbolred.com, a real good site for colombian info
    it says Deportivo cali are in conversations with him. I dont know how they would be able to offord him cause think river offered 2 million and that was shot down.....

seems sketchy if it does happen tho, I have seen him in the sudamericana and chile and the kid is amazing would love him in the colombian league but Cali isnt even in any tournies next sem nor a good team any more they have some money from selling a goalie and midfielder to europe last season but to buy this guy I doubt.

any way link

14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

He was offered 5 mill from switzerland and that was turned down too.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

yea thats what i heard from the brasilian squad that wanted him.... um yea I hope he doesnt come cause that would be really really sketchy because for 5+ million we can like buy a colombian team haha..... and have no clue how a colo team can pay that other than... u no (which i hope isnt the case)

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  17. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I really really hope he does not go to Inter, at least not yet. Look what hapenned to Pizarro, now Jimenez, same thing will happen to him.

18. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

He will either rot in the bench or he will be given on loan to a small team like Chievo.

Better if he goes to Argentina or Brazil.

19. Arañas

Arañas New Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Seriously there's way too many quality players over at Inter.

20. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

I think Inter wouldn't be a bad move in so far as he'll get playing time once they transfer him to a smaller team....

they did a decent job getting Pinilla some playing time in various decent teams throughout Europe. Not like Villareal, who loaned out Vidangossy to a team that hasn't figured out he exists

21. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

This whole topic seems to have died down, which is expected since the clausura is finishing, but Raul Toro was on TVN saying that Villanueva and DiSantos have to be replaced because they're NOT coming back.

I think that a deal has been reached to Italy or Spain, but that it won't be made public for another 3 weeks

22. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK

is it DiSantos? or DiSanto?

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Di Santo.

Y yo diria que si lo vendieran en buena plata, hicieron negocio redondo con este argentino porque este anio no hizo ni la mitad de lo que hizo el 2006. :p

Metro

24. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

Now that the 'castigados' are able to come back for the rest of the Qualifying matches, (its all over all the newspapers), I think Villanuevas chances as Chile's '10' are all but over.

Fernandez is clearly ahead of him in Bielsa's eyes, Valvdivia has to be given plenty of chances, and even Jimenez is stepping up. Villanueva is probably going to keep warming the bench, especially if Mark comes back.

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile