Carlos Tevez Is My Hero

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by guinness, Jul 20, 2004.

1. guinness

guinness New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Sit down D´ALESSANDRO, sit down SAVIOLA. CARLITOS is the future and present of argentine futbol!!!!!!!!!!!

2. hinchaderiver2005

hinchaderiver2005 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 19, 2004
    what about figueroa and delgado???they need to sit down,saviola and d'allesandro are real players and so is tevez,and oh yes savi and andres are from river so i think i know why you are ripping on them

3. guinness

guinness New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    figueroa and delgado did sit down. the river boys haven't really done much since early in the group stage. yes, maybe i'm biased. but Tevez is on fire.

4. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Watch Bielsa sit Tevez for the final....idiot...I have been saying from the beginning that he has to start.

5. guinness

guinness New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    If that jerk Bielsa makes that mistake...and argentina loses, they better fire him and hire Bianchi. I think they should fire him in any case. He's just no fun. He only smiled once the whole game, right after the third goal. At least Bianchi "the professor" has some personality.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carlos Tevez is going to be a great one. He is still not at the level that he was last year, and yet he is making the difference for Argentina. Yes, he should start. He is the future, the destabilizing player which we lacked in 2002. We aint seen nothin' yet. Go Carlitos!!!

7. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    Carlitos was awsome!
    I agree, he should start....

8. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tevez is Argentina's best player right now. He is better than Aimar, Veron, Crespo, Saviola, Riquelme, D'Alessandro, etc. Only a fool would leave him on the bench. And Bielsa proved to be a fool for the first 4 games of the tournament. I think most Argentina supporters are in sort of a pickle for the final on Sunday. Of Course you want Argentina to win Copa America but in doing so that all but guarantees Bielsa will keep his job through WC 2006. And if that happens I see another bad WC for Argentina.

9. mime26

mime26 New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Boston
    so far player of tournament.

10. Nerazzurri

Nerazzurri New Member

May 28, 2004
    El Monumental
    I would like to see more of Tevez and with D'Alessandro. Right now though you have to keep this team the same.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed. I think they would compliment each other well. When they played together, against Uruguay, they showed a bit of magic a couple of times, including their combination before the last goal. Unfortunately, by the time Tevez came in, D'alessandro was beat up already, or we might have seen more. But it could work, if Bielsa is willing to experiment a bit. Imagine Aimar, D'alessandro, Tevez and Saviola playing together. Why not?

12. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I went over to Corona last night to watch the match at a Mexican friend's house and was unable to have access to the boards. I would have loved to have contributed, but the thread was closed this afternoon while I was reading it. For good reason, of course. It had slipped into the insanity which some game threads have been devolving into lately.

It was a glorious victory and it was great to see the boys as aggressive as they were. Intent on getting that first goal no matter what it took, so another Mexico-type situation wouldn't result. And then keeping the offensive pressure on. I thought the neighbors might call the cops on me when Sorin iced it and I flipped.

I've admired Tevez for quite a while. To be able to unabashedly cheer him on, now that he is out of a Boca shirt and in a national one, has been great fun and one of the pleasures of the tournament.

To have Argentina pull off this wonderful win with our little Javier and D'Alessandro on the bench was outstanding.

I would definately keep Carlito in the starting lineup on Sunday. Bielsa must be careful not to louse this up. I hope the Mexico game brought home to him how precarious his position is. If he blows this, he'll be history.

The kids are hungry--hungrier than many veterans in the same situation would be. Don't shake things up and bench our future stars. Let them fly!

13. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tevez has been superb. But I would give the player of the tournament to Adriano so far.

14. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    For me ... so far, Mascherano. Silently he is the balance of the entire team.

Honorable mention: Alvarez-Colombia

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes. I think it is a beautiful thing to see Argentina's midfield coming together. I think players like Mascherano and Lucho Gonzalez are becoming undisputed starters. And when you look at this team, most of the guys are still in their early 20's. I feel very good about the future right now.

The only dissapointment is Abondancieri. I was expecting more from Pato, based on how he plays in Boca. But the national team shirt must weight heavy on him, because he didn't transmit the security that the team needs from the goalkeeper. I guess we will have to try out some of the younger goalies, like maybe Lux or Constanzo.

16. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

For Pato to gain more confidence in the Argentinian goal, he nees to be more active ... meaning, at least a game in which Argentina is seriously attacked. That game could be the final ... I think he will demonstrate there his level.

Coming back to Lux, he is definitely a great young goalie .. he covered Constanzo's shoes properly at River. We will see Lux with the Olympic team in a few weeks, as he is one of the three players outside the Copa America team who will be at Athens.

It is shaping properly what Bielsa had in mind for this Copa America. With the number of games together, reason of the two friendlies prior to Copa America, the team is slowly gaining strength as players feel confortable playing together. Counting those two friendlies, it is seven games. But ... we all know that there is also a 2nd immediate objective at AFA and the coaching team ... and it is to win the only tournament Argentina hasn't been able to win, the Olympic games.

If you go over this Copa America squad, the entire squad minus Abbondanzieri, Ayala, Heinze, Kily, Sorin, Placente and Quiroga are U-23. It is a renovation as much as putting together a highly competitive Olympic team. http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=798858

We know that Pasarella did the same back for '96, and that team became the backbone for the following NTs.

In a way ... Bielsa brought an U-23 team, with the "experienced" additions of the above 7. Out of those seven, Ayala, Heinze and Kily will go to Athens.

So just imagine this new generation, reaching the finals at this Copa America and on their way to Athens.

Furtheremore, the backbone of this team will get a few more games together in Athens, which will further compenetrate the team for the WCQ.

Mascherano and Lucho Gonzales have been impressive. I say so more than Tevez even, as Carlitos' level hasn't reached last year's yet.

17. guinness

guinness New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    I disagree. Pato has only let 4 goals in, and they were all in the group stage. We'll see how he does in the final, but I think Abbondanzieri is a stud.

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    tevez merecio mas ayer
    que gran final se jugo ayer
    todos los goles argentinos

2-2

el pipita se llevo lo mejor! vieron el clasico en qatar?