Carlos Sanchez - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jun 4, 2007.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Played the full 90, gave the ball away poorly for the winning goal late in the game. Carlos can't catch a break this summer.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bad for him....

That was a bad mistake

This kind of gifts have been presented a year ago....he failed some pases against venezuela and paraguay that almost were goal but wasnt a tragedy because werent goals....ant the gol caracol annoucers prefered to ingored and say that he had an impecable game

here is the video:

http://www.espn.com.co/video/clip/_/id/4711301

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1035941440575221760 is not a valid tweet id

4. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    That's his biggest issue and why he shouldn't be starting for us. He's just not great at receiving the ball and getting it from the CB's. It's why he quite often hides from getting possession in games because he's not confident on the ball holding possession or distributing. Its why we look a lot better with Barrios, just way better picking up the ball in those areas keeping possession and distributing.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can’t catch a break or just a shit player?

6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He's making mistakes, but he's getting max punishment for everything. The penalty vs England for example wasn't his fault really, shouldn't have been a pen.

Furnaccio repped this.
  7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No one in Colombia blames him for that.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    are u beimg sarcastic?

9. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A shit player doesn’t get +85 caps for a national team by accident.

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Having a coach have a man crush does. Def the worst player called up to the WC. Probably the player with the worst performance at the World Cup as Well.

Tho watching shows in Colombia people think highly of him for some reason.

I mean it is a shit positon to play becauae you only notice him if he plays like shit. Him not being able to pass at all blows my mind

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rodallega have like 45 caps and that doesnt convert him in a better player what he in reality is.

i disagree that carlos is shit...but caps isnt a good measure if a player is good or not..

Ospina have more cpas than cordoba, higuita and calero and he isnt bettrr than those 3 at his prime.

amaranto have more than ivan btw

J-Mezzy and dapip repped this.
  12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Carlos isn't a shit player but he's a limited player at this point, he's just can't cut it with the ball at his feet, in terms of defending and tracking players from midfield he's always been very good and has had some great games largely in games against teams like Argentina and Brazil. Its time to give the young guys like Lerma and Barrios the chance to take over that spot, hopefully Pekerman doesn't keep trying to jam him in.

Furnaccio repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was important for a time.....but people also disregard that our best matches in wcq 2014 were with valencia and not with sanchez....

I can agree that he have got more credit than he really deserved....he is awarded by actuations in matches he didnt played a lot of times.

but as i said he had important level for a good time...especially in valencienes...i think that he is vicitm of the generational change of style of the dmf........in 2000s he would be god....the times of makeles, gatussos and van bommels

J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn’t like Valencia either. Sanchez shouldn’t have ever been more then a sub unless we played Germany and Brazil and weee somehow up 2-0 and needed to close out the game he offered us nothing offensively other then that 1 freak game against France.

15. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1190 Furnaccio, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Valencia? How did his name come up again? LOL. I liked him except that he was only around for a cup of coffee

If roca should have been a sub, who should have started over him? Guarin?

Marlon Wayans 2.0 was probably one of the only players, where a debate can possibly be made, who got shortchanged with playing time when pekerman was in charge.

At this point, I’m ready to move on to Barrios, Lerma and ______ plus Uribe as our core CMs; I wanted roca to get 100 caps, but I wouldn’t be sad if he was never called up again.

dapip repped this.
  16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No I am being serious; everyone in Colombia was calling BS on the ref and argued about what led to that penalty especially when Kane was all over him as well.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No man i live in Colombia and people was very upset with roca stupid mistaked during tournament....inclunding the unnecesary penalty

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was a weak Pk but Sanchez is still an idiot. A 50\50 that we couldn’t get caught doing when we knew the refs/fifa wanted england in the next round

If Lerma or Barrios did that mistake you could go man they are young but Roca no especially after his idiotic red against Japan which again unlucky. Only straight red for a hand ball and the refs gave PKs like candy on Halloween

I hate roca because he can’t pass for shit. I will admit the 2 PKs were unlucky but def not what a player with his experience and who is suppose to be the “leader” should do

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Another curious fact of la roca.:

He never have been champion in his life and never have won individual titles.......isnt something usual with the player of the NT of this generation.....in clubs his more important matches have been round of eight with fiorentina in Europa League.

I think that he have recieved more credit and oportunities than others...with similar careers...

Not try to disqualify because of this but is only a fact...

20. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he spent a big chunk of his career playing for Valenciennes which is a small team in France who was always fighting for relegation, actually most of his career was spent with smaller teams across different continents. He never really played for any team that could aspire to something. Fiorentina was probably the best team.

something similar to Aguilar's european career.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but isnt common at least for the nt that they arent champions:....a lot of of won in u-20 too

Ospina....fa cup and tournament with leagues with nacional

Arias.....Champion of Eredivise a lot of times, champion of toulon u-21...name best player of the league...a lot of ucl football.

Davinson... Champion with nacional of league and libertadores...runner up with ajax of europa league and champions league football with tottenham

Mina.....Champion of sudamericana with santa fe and league...champion of cup and league with palmeiras...name in the best team of america and best team in brasil...name best defender of brasil serie a and name best young player of sudamericana.

fabra.....champions with cali and boca...elected best left back of libertadores in 2016....named in the best XI of argentina in 2017

Matheus champion with nacional with league...also recopa sudamericana.....in mexico he is the biggest club and is considered one of the best players of the whole league.

Barrios...champion of argentina with boca and name in the best xi.

Abel...champion with cali, champion with colombia u-sudamericano and name best midfielder of spanish second division in 2009.

Muriel...elected best young player of serie a in 2012 and toulon...

Then we have:

James....

Falcao....

Cuadrado...

Qunitero..

Bacca...

Teo....

Borja...

Cardona..

It is a succesfull generation....with player champions and playing in the biggest stages...

dapip and Doogs repped this.
  22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Played 20 minutes in west ham victory against victory

do you think he will called up again?

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I dont mind him being called up as long as Barrios is the bonafide starter

dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope not we need to think of the future. Calling him with better younger options doesn’t make sense. I would also like to see Barrios-Uribe sent home after the US game. To give other guys a chance against Costa Rica.

Rather see Cantillo and Duque get called.

25. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im not totally against him getting called up again, but he should be an option from the bench and thats that. We need some more box to box midfielders

J-Mezzy repped this.