Carlos Queiroz DT

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, Feb 20, 2019.

1. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #26 MiLo4891, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Quieroz tiene una oportunidad que nunca ha tenido otra DT la selección Colombia...

Con el contexto que es extranjero y es algo diferente a los DT colombianos y que comienza un proceso nuevo pero tomando en cuenta que ya hay muchas estrellas consolidados debería tratar unos nuevos conceptos como línea de tres en la zaga... Se le criticria menos a el por tratar de jugar con zaga de tres y dos delanteros que a un Colombiano o un técnico que ya llevaba tiempo con la Selección porque apenas comienza su etapa... Solo probar para estos amistosos pre Copa América y post Copa América... No abandonar el 442 o 4231 pero si ver si se puede Debe jugar con James y Quintero juntos sino también James, Quintero y Cardona y Cuadrado en la titular con dos delanteros... Tocaría tener una formación diferente a un 442 y tal vez contar con Cuadrado más atrás... Pero estos amistosos sería la mejor oportunidad para probar algo extremadamente diferente.. Porque luego en Copa América debería y con la que todos los jugadores ya conocen como la 442 o 4222 o hasta la 4132..Este es el mejor momento para probar esas cosas y tener las como una variante para la copa América... Ya en la copa se puede jugar más tradicional en zaga de 4 en un 442 o 4222 porque ya les fue bien en Sept y Oct. Jugando así... Ahora debe probar algo distinto para ver si puede juntar todo el poderío y todavía tener equilibrio

[​IMG]is

Debería llamar hasta Cardona y Pabon... Y también a laterales como Machado y Borja y Orejuela y Palacios...

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it is way more likely to see a repeat of the 3 Defensive midfield formation we saw against England than that offensive one.

pepinointer repped this.
  3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree. This is why I didn't want him in first place. He proved himself as an underdogs coach, but for some reason didn't work out well when he was the favorite. Hopefully we won't see the 3 DM's ever again, not even against Brazil, but don't hold you breath, although this lineup above is way too offensive. It's not FIFA in PC here dude ;)

pepinointer repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A mí me parece un hablador de paja, también conocido como vendehumo en algunos aspectos. Todos sabemos a qué va a jugar. Con los del fútbol local poco o nada va a contar y los microciclos son solo para justificar el sueldo.

J-Mezzy, Azucarero, jay luis and 2 others repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it may take time for him to do everything that he wants. And he may not keep all of his promises. That said, he is using the media in a different way than Pekerman and if he does not keep his word then he will be held accountable for it. He is transparent in what he wants to do.

I like that he said that he will focus on the age demographic 22-24 in the League who have not been a part of the National team setup. I also like that he said he will try and have all of our youth teams play the same style and be in constant communication. He can tell that the Sub 20 does its own thing isolated on an island, the Sub17 does its own thing etc. Our Youth teams should all be united and have the same philosophy.
    He did not mention this but I do believe he will also have a big role with the Sub 23 and that tournament we host.

He may be just sounding like a used car salesman in most of this article but I think his intentions are genuine.

kromekote repped this.
  7. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    If we waited all this time to finally get a DT, I don't mind waiting a bit longer to see what kind of results he will yield. There's nothing I've seen to show me in the few interactions he's had that he's full of BS.

Ultimately, based on that article, he's got a full plate but if he's able to consolidate and bring forth a programs that can integrate and share a common goal amongst all in the NT level, than I would be happy with that foundation being set. We wont have to wait long and I hope I'm right.

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1114881521704288256 is not a valid tweet id

HomietheClown repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You can tell he just eats, drinks and sleeps futbol. A Very hard worker with organization and goals.

We still don't know if he is going to be successful here but so far so good on the studying and preparation.

He has to convince the players to buy into what he is selling though.

10. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am glad he got us friendlies but was expecting more than Panama and Peru....

crzdcolombian repped this.
  11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is more of a general question and not directed to you Fro, but how hands on are the head coaches in getting the opponents for friendlies?

Are they on the phones with potential opponents (coaching staff or other federation execs, etc) based on player relationships etc??

12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because from our complaints towards Pekerman over the years since 2011 you've all given me the impression that the coach has a influence of sorts when it comes to our interests; I thought that you guys knew that for a fact hence I went off of that lol.

Furnaccio repped this.
  13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just CRZD complains about the friendlies. LOL
    I figure there is probably a process and elements that are out of any head coach’s hands

ryu79 repped this.
  14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So we've been talking about this guy all recently in other threads but we seemingly forgot about this one made for him lol.

Now just being straight forward about this, I have to give him a grade: A.

I don't give a + onto that because I do feel that there are things to consider with his approach with the players' discipline. Some of our players have been diving, being greedy, and not making their shots really count (going back to being greedy) that helps the team. While it can be argued that this is on the players themselves, I feel that Queiroz still have some minor things that need to improve with the team and the players. So far it's heading in the right direction and as I said before I am very impressed with him. I would honestly give him a perfect score once he shows how effective he is long term and not just for a short wind.

That and the type of friendlies that he will get us in the future. I expect him to have more of a drive than pekerman.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A+ is too high but he hasn’t had that much time to work with us. Would be incredible if we win the cup but so far we beat everyone we should have.

I will rate him after a year

Positives
    -Benched Falcao after 1 game that took massive balls
    - called and started Medina over Arias
    - starts Tesillo when no one believed in him
    - beat Argentina
    - took balls to not bring Bacca and don’t think Pekerman, Osorio or Rueda Would have done that. Right call but not easy especially for Roger

Negatives
    - we are wasteful up top which has always been our weakness but this really isn’t on him and with time hopefully will make us more effective

On the fence
    - so he likes tall Gks how quickly will he replace Ospina with Montero. If Montero isn’t as good and just taller will he stick with Montero
    - what is his team he hasn’t had enough time to scout or not use Reyes/Pekermans team
    - will he call up “his guys” or who is in better form

Still too soon to give him a rating

kromekote repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    To me he gets an B+ on the pop quizzes he has studied for.
    Only because he admitted from day one that he is just taking the work of Pekerman and adding to that work his own philosophies slowly.

Midterm Exams start Friday though. Gotta hope he passes with flying colors.
    If not it is back to the drawing board for qualifiers and possibly the next Copa if we do play in it.

kromekote repped this.
  17. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Have to add on the + side:
    Won group stage undefeated, with 0 goals against. That's an impressive stat.

Still not grading him though until AFTER this is all done. Big test is really starting. We will have to play the best to win it all.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Watching the performances of lerma, barrios and cuellar with quieroz....we lost 3 years with sanchez.....when he was in worst form than the other 3

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Sanchez earned Pekerman's trust though. And he was one of the best DFM we could rely on when it came to jumping and battling for aerial balls most of the cycle.
    In fact I rarely remember any time he would go up for a header and losing a 50-50 ball.

It is now time for the other guys to step up and so far they all look good.

Azucarero repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Been saying that forever

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He couldn’t pass for shit and was basically a 3rd CB

22. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008

Entrevista al presidente de la FCF hablando de Queiroz. Habla también del proyecto de Queiroz de unificar principios desde las inferiores.

La meta del proyecto es llevar a Colombia a pelear un titulo mundial de aqui a 8-10 anos.

Doogs and Froboy69 repped this.
  23. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [QUOTE = "krass, post: 37917426, member: 131823"] [MEDIA = youtube] fbqIBW2Ly2o [/ MEDIA]

Interview with the president of the FCF talking about Queiroz. He also talks about Queiroz's project to unify principles from the lower ones.

The goal of the project is to take Colombia to fight a world title here in 8-10 years. [/ QUOTE]

I find it believable considering that Queiroz has been noted to get involved with the youth squads of our national team. He is a good long term investment from what it appears so far.

24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzd likes this

crzdcolombian repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+