Carlo Ancelotti

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sure VfB Stuttgart feel the same way! [emoji23]

I typed this up on my Smartphone using Tapatalk [emoji12]

NUFCBayern and Dr.Phil repped this.
  2. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The former Chelsea and PSG boss also confessed that the media pressure while at Madrid was much higher, while the general feeling in Munich has been more relaxed so far.
    Ancelotti told L’Equipe that the main difference between the two sides was the presidency, saying: “The novelty is that here you have a president (Franz Beckenbauer) who was a player and, necessarily, comprises more easily what happens.

“In Madrid there is much outside pressure. Many newspapers, radios, televisions. That is very noticeable. In Germany the atmosphere is different.”

http://www.squawka.com/news/carlo-a...n-florentino-perez/779075#yVSK5H23dZEeW9Rw.99

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Before the honeymoon ends..perhaps he can whisper some magik into Maxwell's ears to help us not get crushed like vermins against FCB eh??
    Hows he doing and feeling after that dreadful trip to Man Shitty ? How do you assess him..can he come thru for us this time....or its too big of a task and Goliath ..even for Maxi ??
    Certainly i would like to see my team beat or draw with FCB but moreover i would like a good result against them for the sake of Germany and the Bundesliga...that would be ACES in my book for many years to come:sneaky:

Equilibrium repped this.
  4. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    I have to say I'm a little concerned about the trajectory. Not just the loss at Atletico and the draw today, but we don't seem as dominant and are giving up more chances per game.

nekkibasara, Zullu, _Amy_ and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    today's game was better in terms of xG, but they're mostly an accumulation of low quality chances. Agreed re- the lack of control in games. The direct approach seems to have taken over our method of possession, we rarely try to keep the ball anymore, even to allay a bit of the pressure. At points, I don't mind it, I find the urgency good, but games get stretched out too much when we continually do it.

6. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I disagree on one aspect. I'm not worried defensively, the only games we've looked mediocre defensively have been through the makeshift B team and the exception being vs Atletico Madrid. I'm confident this will get sorted. The offensive firepower however is a bit worrying, but there's still plenty of time. I don't like the over conservative role that Carlo sets this team up and is scared to play Muller as an AM so he can have this team defend some more. This could hurt the team in the important games.

Also lets not exaggerate how many chances have been made by the opposition. Atletico was the only team that made a ton of chances in all the games.

7. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Far too early for any sort of panic. Not every team is going to just lie down and let Bayern steamroll them.

Barca have lost twice already to Celta and Alaves. Madrid have drawn at home to Eibar and Villareal and we lost to a team leading the best league in Europe. A team with 1 loss in 18 who has scored 47 goals and conceded 4.

Our best forwards Müller, Lewandowski are laughably out of form. I don't really know how much of that is down to tactics

I would say that Carlo could take a little more risks with his lineups. By God Müller is not a RW

Raumdeuter and pikuchan repped this.
  8. wallstreet123456

Nov 2, 2005
    NYC
    Muller has been out of form since the Euros.

9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fixed your post.

10. wallstreet123456

Nov 2, 2005
    NYC
    Thank you :)

nekkibasara repped this.
  11. jeremygl09

jeremygl09 Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I remember a few weeks ago, I suggested we start a Fire Carlo thread, just because I knew everyone would freak out when we went through a slump. But it's ok. Never fear Kimmich is here and he will lead us to our destiny.

12. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    State of Ancelotti
    International break. Time to take stock for the first time. Where do FC Bayern stand at the start of October under their new manager Carlo Ancelotti?

http://miasanrot.com/state-of-ancelotti/

13. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    I don't think it's a freak out to notice some concerning signs. Thanks to Neuer we managed a draw today, but we could have lost 5-2. I'm a little worried. The players can talk all the want about Carlo being more friendly than loner Pep, but if this is his brand of football he's not going to accomplish anything.

Huckeye, Zullu and Matakos repped this.
  14. _Amy_

_Amy_ Member

Aug 28, 2011
    France
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One of the main reason we did not allow chances and looked so dominant in previous season is the ultra-attacking style itself. Ridiculous possession + great positional play + relentless pressing = opponents have very little chance to attack. But yeah that style has it flaw when a lapse in execution could lead to a goal, like Aletico and Juventus showed us.

This season Ancelotti abandons the big part of our positional play, reduce pressing intensity, and the team play more cautious, however that doesn't mean we would be better defensively (which was already excellent before him), because it the same time we lose the dominant factor.

Of course this is not the way Ancelotti wants us to play, and I think we need more time for the team to benefit from other aspects of his style, to compensate for that. Motivation could be another factor that Ancelotti needs time to solve. So yeah, please go on and do your job Carlo.

However if Ancelotti doesn't beat last season achievement that would be a big disappointment for me, because I feel our games now less enjoyable, that's already a sacrifice.

Dead Fingers and Matakos repped this.
  15. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Best start by a Bayern manager in decades and after a few sub par games its Panic At the Disco! I think I'd see where we are by December before getting worried

16. terrypk1

terrypk1 Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its to early on to say anything.
    I do like the flow of our games despite the defensive shit storms. We are able to move the ball up the field and shift it left to right much more efficiently than before and each of our attack look more urgent and than tika taka relax relax.

The defensive difficulties and lose of midfield dominance will need to be rectified. Time for some Gegenpress JK or JH style.

PureEvil repped this.
  17. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    After watching Barca slaughter City. Yup. Very ok with Carlo thank you very much

Crisstti and Minttunator repped this.
  18. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Barca will probably slaughter us as well. City's defense of Zabaleta Clichy Kolarov is a joke, Bravo is past it too.

I don't know how we will line up against Barca, their team is WAY better than ours!

19. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We would cross that bridge when we get there

With Carlo at least we have a shot compared to Pep who didn't give us a prayer. We have Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba

20. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Boateng Hummels Alaba are not elite WC defenders like Maldini Cannavaro etc was. It is impossible to predict, but their attack on pure talent is way better.

Boateng was humiliated n fell on his as* the last time he faced Messi!

21. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boateng got done by Messi once, but he has had the better of him over the course of his career. Pep's lack of defensive focus certainly didn't help make our defenders look good either.

Crisstti repped this.
  22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We aren't winning that world cup final without Boateng

Serengeti_Boy, Crisstti and P to the Wee repped this.
  23. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The guy is a broken record. He talks shit about them and then leaves whenever someone makes a counter point. He got the better of Messi during the 7-0 series, the game after that and the WC final.

Crisstti repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so after the loss vs Dortmund and a mediocre last 5+ games, unless he changes, he needs to go.

25. _Amy_

_Amy_ Member

Aug 28, 2011
    France
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Either his 4-3-3 system is not suitable for us, or we have not yet fully benefited from it. Or maybe we are simply shifting down a gear or two, under a more friendly and conservative manager, after 3 years of ultimate intensive demand from a mad one.

People say we are getting Carlo for winning the Champions League, so I won't bother with finishing 2nd if he accomplishes that come next May.

Gregoriak repped this.