Carl Hoefkens?

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Solsombra, May 19, 2006.

1. Solsombra

Solsombra New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    London
    Hello, I was wondering if anybody could tell me about this player as he was linked to my club (West Ham) in the Belgium press today. Apparently there are three Premiership clubs chasing his signature with a fee of around 2-3million being mentioned. Would that represent value for money and is Hoefkens likely to make the grade in the English top flight?

Any info would be gratefully received.

Regards.

2. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    He was the captain of our only U21 team that ever reached the WC finals and used to play for my favourite team Lierse. He came into the team at a very young age and back then people were saying that he didn't really have any strong or weak suits. He had something of everything but was never best in anything. Then he switched clubs and finally ended up at GBA, where he won the cup and became a very influential player.
    Last year he went to Stoke City and was voted player of the year. He also became an international. I think he has grown throughout the years and possesses a lot of leadership qualities, combined with a strong physique, nice heading and good defending.

Oh yeah, you might want to know that his wife has been on many covers of tv-magazines.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    :D lol @ the Vanessa Hoefkens reference. :p

4. Solsombra

Solsombra New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    London
    Thanks a lot for the info. I don't think I'm too fussed if we sign Carl, but I sure wouldn't mind seeing Vanessa around Upton Park! :cool:

[​IMG]

5. RSCA_Tuurke

RSCA_Tuurke New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    It seems as if Hoefkens might be heading to Standard, following his manager from Stoke City, Johan Boskamp.

6. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Where did you get this news, Tuurke?

7. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Hoefkens surprised me in his matches with the national team.
    There's a very decent back-up for the centre defense .
    Playing on Premier League level is something else though.
    He surely wouldn't be the star of the team, but perhaps a very reliable substitute in the defence at West Ham.
    2 Million is a comprehensable price (for PL-budgets) , 3 million is way too much

8. RSCA_Tuurke

RSCA_Tuurke New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Volgt Hoefkens Boskamp naar Standard?

Tekent Carl Hoefkens kortelings bij Standard?

Keert Carl Hoefkens terug naar de Belgische competitie? De kans bestaat want de Rode Duivel zou een transfer naar Standard wel zien zitten, zeker nu Johan Boskamp er trainer is.
    Carl Hoefkens speelde het afgelopen seizoen onder Johan Boskamp bij Stoke City in de Engelse tweede klasse. De Rode Duivel werkte er een sterk seizoen af en werd door de supporters uitgeroepen tot beste speler van het jaar.

Hoefkens gaf enkele weken geleden aan dat hij een terugkeer naar de Belgische competitie niet zag zitten maar de aanstelling van Boskamp door Standard lijkt daar verandering in te kunnen brengen. "Johan Boskamp heeft mijn telefoonnummer, dus ik hoor het wel van hem", aldus de verdediger.

Belangstelling uit Premier League

De goede prestaties van Hoefkens bij Stoke City zijn ook enkele Engelse eersteklassers niet ontgaan. Zo zou Hoefkens kunnen rekenen op de belangstelling van 2 clubs uit de Premier League.

http://www.belgiumsoccer.be/news/?c=56&a=7566