Cardiff City [R]

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. tedwar

tedwar Member

Jun 24, 1999
    Richmond, CA-EastBay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Brian and welcome back. Thanks for the link. I listen to midweek matches at work through the website, which is always a conflict when Barca has a midweek Champs League match.

tony

2. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    It looks as if we are going to miss out on Danny Coyne. Which will be a blow, however I would ask myself if he was to good for us. Being an international keeper and playing first team football at a higher level, would he risk his future by moving to us and maybe not getting first team football. Now looking at the squad we have so much strength then we should be able to get promotion. BLUEBIRDS!!!

3. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Latest

Cardiff confirm Croft signing

Cardiff have completed the signing of Ipswich defender Gary Croft.

The 28-year-old agreed terms and passed a medical at the start of the week, but had to wait for documentation to arrive at Ninian Park before putting pen to paper.

Although Croft was under contract at Ipswich, it is believed there was no fee involved between the clubs.

Croft told Cardiff's website: "I really enjoyed my time down here last season, and when I heard they were interested in bringing me down on a permanent basis I didn't have to think to long about it."

4. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    The move is still on hold...
    Grove denies Cardiff deal

Paul Groves insists Danny Coyne has not agreed a deal with Second Division Cardiff.

Reports suggested Grimsby's transfer-listed goalkeeper was near to sealing a move to Ninian Park, after meeting with Lennie Lawrence.

Groves told Grimsby's website: "Danny contacted me on Tuesday evening and told me there had been no agreement between himself and Cardiff City.

"He confirmed to me he will be available for our tour, and I am delighted to have Danny still with us."

5. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Latest

Good luck to Gary. Just don't let him drive. ;)

6. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    From The Sport Network:

Boss wishes outgoing star well

Outbound defender Gary Croft received best wishes from Town boss George Burley this week as he completed his move to Cardiff City.

The former England Under-21 star joined the Tractor Boys in September 1999 from Blackburn Rovers but has been unable to keep his place in the starting lineup this past season prompting loan moves to Cardiff and Wigan. Prior to Blackburn Rovers Croft played for Grimsby Town.

Speaking to the club's official web site www.ITFC.co.uk George Burley said:

"Everyone at the Club wishes Gary the best of luck at Cardiff. He will start a new chapter in his career there and hopefully the move will work out for him."

"He had an up and down time with us and never really held down a regular place in the first-team and we understand his reasons for moving on. I’m sure he will do very well at Cardiff though."

7. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Ayr United vs. Cardiff City Match Preview

Cardiff City kick-off their pre-season tour tonight as they face, Ayr United. The Bluebirds will be hoping to continue in winning ways, after beating Merthyr 4-0 last Saturday.

Tonight, Cardiff City play their second pre-season fixture against Scottish side, Ayr United.

The Bluebirds set off for Scotland yesterday, where they will play 3 friendly games against Ayr United, Berwick Rangers and Motherwell.

City visit tonight where they will play Scottish Division Two side, Ayr United...

Sport Network

8. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Berwick Rangers 0 - 1 Cardiff City

Rhys Weston scored his first ever goal (apart from an own goal at Southend :D) to give City victory.

In a poor game City kept up their 100% pre season record. Weston scored from a 67th minute shot that he drilled into the corner of the net after a ball in by Gareth Whalley was blocked.

Terrace talk last night rubbished the rumours that come up on the weekend about Leo FW being a target for Blackpool but there is a good chance that Josh Low could move to Oldham. Sam was at last nights game after being at Weston Super Mare on Tuesday.

City MAD

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    The official site has named the 16 players for the friendly at Mangotsfield on Saturday afternoon.

Cardiff City take on Mangotsfield (Bristol) in the second reserve team friendly of the season at 3:00pm on Saturday. Early reports that former target and current triallist Ryan Greene will be playing appear to be unfounded as he has not been named by City for this game. The Bluebirds won the opening game 2 - 1 against Weston Super Mare and they will be hoping to get another win.

Josh Low, strongly rumoured to be on the verge of a move to Oldham has been withdrawn from the squad and Gavin Gordon comes in. Gordon was given a few days off to be with his wife for the birth of their first child so this game will be his first action of the pre season. Martyn Giles comes in for David Hughes.

City will be Walton, Collins, Giles, Jones, Evans, Simpkins, Dimond, Heall, Wallis, Gordon, Ceri Hughes. Subs. Huggins, Porter (gk), Anthony, Thomas, Fish.

CCFC Online

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    City 2-0 Mangotsfield
    Gordon scores as reserves beat Mangotsfield

The City reserves made it two wins in two with a comfortable 2-0 win at Mangotsfield Town. Second half goals from Kristian Diamond and Gavin Gordon were enough to beat the Doctor Martens Western Division side from Bristol...

CCFC Sleeping Giant

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Motherwell v City - Match Preview

City face their toughest test to date on Sunday with a match against Scottish Premiership Motherwell. Lawrence is likely to field a strong XI against the team who beat Birmingham 2-1 on Tuesday...

CCFC Sleeping Giant

12. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Should be a good test against Motherwell, the squad should be strong enough to at least match them. Looking at the Mangotsfield, those would be the third team, and still is comfortable at a competitive level.

13. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Motherwell 1 - 0 Cardiff City

Cardiff City slump to their first pre-season defeat in Scotland today

Early reports suggest that City midfielder Willie Boland was sent off early on in an uninspiring match. The only goal of the game was scored on 30 minutes from the penalty spot.

City MAD

Update to come...

14. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    After reading the reports it seems the boys didnt get in to the full flow or rhythem. well done on your fight to get ur red removed BC.

15. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    No, sounded like horrid play to watch.

:D Thanks. The yellow should be gone in a day or two.

16. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Cardiff 0-1 Wolves
    A 0-1 reverse for City tonight, but an entertaining game at Ninian Park in the driving rain

An 8000+ crowd with 200 or so from Wolves watched this pre-season clash tonight at Ninian Park...

City MAD

17. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    Cardiff were pretty poor. The trouble was getting it to the the strikers the midfield and forwards didnt link up and were often to deep. The passing in the centre was ok, however I beliebve we need more option down the wings. There werent many chances and it was typical that that their goal came from a mistake, from Gabbidon.

18. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Second-half substitute Adam Proudlock scored six minutes from time to hand Wolves a hard-fought 1-0 friendly win over Cardiff on Wednesday...
    TeamTalk

Cardiff City 1 - Wolves 0

Cardiff City went lost 1-0 to a strong Wolves team last night in front of an 8,000+ crowd at Wales' footballing Mecca, Ninian Park...

Bluebirds Online

Were you there? If so, did you hear this:
    ""Ninian Park is falling down, falling down, falling down" (to the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down!" :D

19. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    I was there, however there are usually a few groups of singing sections so sometimes you cannot hear what other sections are singing. Its a nice chant though, the other 3 roofs have been improved in the last 2years under Sam. Maybe he improved the wrong roofs.

20. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Cardiff v Bolton Match Preview

Saturday 3rd August. 3:00pm.

This Saturday Cardiff City face Premiership Bolton Wanderers at Ninian Park. Bolton had an excellent season last year, the highlight of which was beating local rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford and in the end staying up comfortably in the top division...

City MAD

21. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Trotters go down at Cardiff

Michael Ricketts' goal was not enough for Bolton on Saturday as two goals in the last eleven minutes gave Cardiff City a 2-1 friendly win...
    TeamTalk

22. Blue Army

Blue Army New Member

Jul 8, 2001
    Newport
    It was a real improvement from the Wolves game the players passed it aroung well and scored two cracking goals. The only bad point was the fact we are still conceiding sloppy goals like last year. Our nice new Yellow shirts meant its really is, just like watching Brazil.

23. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Despite what Lennie Lawrence thinks, Peter Thorne is sure that Campbell and Earnshaw can play together. "I don't see it as a major problem," said Thorne, who scored a spectacular goal against Bolton...
    CCFC Sleeping Giant