Card policy

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Excape Goat, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Did anyone report it to the moderator(s) of that forum or to the supermoderators?

3. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    EG - Sorry if the result was spoiled for you. Maybe we should give the 5 mods a group yellow card for not noticing for 4 days? :)

I fixed the title and sent a warning to the poster.

Thanks.

4. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Sorry - didn't think matches were subject to spoilage after 24 hours. At least that was the policy announced for that board during the World Cup.

6. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    What Would Be A Reasonable Policy?

So what exactly was the BigSoccer policy during the World Cup? I had trouble getting a consistent answer to that question. I for one would be in favor of a policy of giving out cards when the score of a televised match is posted in a thread without an [R]within 48 hours of when that match was televised.

However, any BigSoccer policy wrt to mentioning scores has to be reasonable. For example, at what point in time would someone be allowed to freely discuss the result of last summer's U.S. - Portugal World Cup match in a thread that doesn't have an [R] in it? And what about last week's USMNT match played against Jamaica? IMO, anyone who still hasn't watched a tape of that match 48 hours after it was shown should probably stay off soccer message boards until after they finally get around to watching their tape.

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The 24 hours rule was very reasonable during the World Cup given the busy schedule. It could be made longer now but I think anything over 48 hours is too long.

8. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Sorry, but I misunderstood your first post and thought that you might have been advocating a much longer period of time than 24 hours. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

I couldn't stay up late enough to watch the Telemundo tape-delayed broadcast of the U.S. - Jamaica match and wasn't able to watch my tape within 24 hours, but I can live with a 24 hour rule as long as it is enforced. Just out of curiosity, is the 24 hour rule posted anywhere?

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's local rules right now. On the FIFA and Tournaments board it's been in the FAQ since the World Cup.

10. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Thanks for the information. I guess this explains why I was getting different answers to this question during the World Cup.

11. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sorry - I didn't realize this was still posted in the FAQs. I sent you some questions via PM.