Caracas

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by GABESTA535, Jul 7, 2007.

1. GABESTA535

GABESTA535 Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Feb 19, 2007
    Arlington, Va
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is only one game being held in the capital and largest city? Only the third place game is going to be there. Most tournaments of soccer have their opening and closing games in the capital.

2. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    The 3-5 biggest cities in Venezuela have only been known as baseball cities
    and the small cities such as San Cristobal, Merida, Puerto Ordaz have always been known as soccer cities.

That's why Valencia (3rd largest city) didn't game any games at all.

In Caracas there's only one big soccer stadium
    it belongs to "Universidad Central de Venezuela"
    and for many years there's been problems coming from the fact that they own the stadium and rather use it for concerts instead of soccer.

I'm guessing that that's why UCV (University) didn't get much money to remodel the stadium.

Maracaibo (2nd largest city) has a big soccer stadium because it was built for the 1999 Central American and Caribbean games.

3. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    So where does Caracas FC play?

4. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    They used to play in "Estadio Olimpico de Caracas" that is the one that belongs to UCV (University)
    Then moved to "the other soccer stadium" in Caracas, "Estadio Brigido Iriarte"
    it has a capacity of about 12,000-15,000 people.
    It's a somewhat nice stadium.... except for the fact that it doesn't have a parking lot and it's very far away from the subway.

CaracasFC last year played in the new stadium that they are building
    "Cocodrilos Sport Park" with a capacity of about 6,000 that will increase as it is built.

I've read that this coming year CaracasFC is going to play all they're games at "Estadio Olimpico" since it has been completely renoved, has extremely nice seats, huge monitor, a subway station right next to it, etc.

Cocodrilos Sport Park
    Only stadium in Venezuela with artificial grass
    Only soccer team that owns it's stadium

[​IMG]

Estadio Brigido Iriarte

[​IMG]

5. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I'm putting the pictures of "Estadio Olimpico de Caracas" here, so I can put 3 pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]