Canetti Out

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by MLSNHTOWN, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THANK YOU, BABY JESUS!

THANK YOU!

BEST DYNAMO NEWS I'VE HEARD IN THE PAST FEW YEARS!!!

BYE, CANETTI, DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU...!!!

AGAIN, THANK YOU BABY JESUS!

MLSNHTOWN, NDS10, 7seven7 and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recognize that a person Canetti’s position is never going to have universal acclaim from any fanbase or fans in general. But after being with the organization for 13 years I am intrigued in what appears to be zero social media or other comments that talk about how much they’re going to miss him or what a great job he did.

Other than Mr. Circle of Suck, Jay Adelberg.

Literally, Every single comment refers to how it was “Time to for him to move on” or talks about how things are going to improve now that he’s not there. Just zero acknowledgment or recognition that he did anything positive for anyone.

And I can’t say it’s all that inaccurate because over the last six years since the stadium got built there’s been very little improvement in any area of the club or the customer experience.

CeltTexan, El Naranja and *rey* repped this.
  3. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Praise Cthulu!!

Chief Business Officer. WTF??

who is higher on an org chart? CBO or GM? I'm assuming that with Jordan also officially being listed as a SVP, then he becomes the top dog in the office and responsible for all things team related while the new CBO focuses on business and community relations (ie-getting money pumped into the org).

which other teams are organized this way?

4. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm wondering if perhaps what is going to happen is Brener wants more involvement so the technical side of the business (Jordan) will report straight to him rather than through a President.

7seven7 repped this.
  5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there having lunch downtown with Oliver when it was our first season. Oliver brought this new young accountant guy along with him to eat lunch with us and that was Chris. Years on, it was indeed time for him to move on.

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA if you are reading here Chris!

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see Canetti hasn’t stopped making over exaggerated statements to support his job and employment (below). No doubt it is a very big event but I have to laugh - if it is really this big, do you really think anyone cares how many attended the USOC final 6 weeks ago? Just goes to the lack of credibility again

"Hosting the World Cup is going to be like hosting five or six Super Bowls in 30 days," Canetti said. "That's how big it is, and we need to be able to perform as a city over the course of those days in putting on the events."

7. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things are not getting better. They are getting worse. Jordan and Brener in charge of all things soccer. The descent of this club is breathtaking.

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think Canetti was adding something in the soccer area of the operation? Maybe his twitter fan response analysis will now be taken out of the equation for the better.

10. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canetti is a crafty piece of work - he helps tank the Dynamo from an attendance standpoint then has the nerve to try and rally the Houston soccer community to turn out for substandard product all so that he can keep a non-essential job for the next 7 years (and the argument that they need a permanent person to "run" the World Cup bid when really it is a bid for 2 group games and 1 knockout round game is absurd, most places in the US they get folks to do this for free as a corporate side gig).

Somehow (well not really "somehow" its just what the Harris County Sports Authority manufactures for itself) they are treating this like a Super Bowl bid with logos and boards, and chairmen, and all sorts of other unnecessary overhead jobs for guys like Canetti to fill. Seven years of this!!! And all to probably get a Peru-Croatia group game!

11. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Ha. Is he back on Twatter? I know he left when the Dynamo starting tanking.

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's all sunshine and rainbows about Houston soccer, US soccer, Houston Sports Authority. It's almost like he didn't have a real job when in charge of the Dynamo but now he actually needs to sell something.

He was "excited" to watch the USMNT last night under Gregg Berhalter. He probably couldn't tell Gregg Berhalter from Greg Luzinski.

13. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I on the other hand, could name that entire 1980 Phillies team that won the World Series. Went through our Astros to do it too. You and I have got to be the same age if you're pulling out "Greg Luzinski" from nowhere.

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I raise you a Bake McBride!! From the era of rock-hard turf and NASL soccer balls with red stars on them!!

15. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NASL years!
    Houston's own Bobby Lennox and Kyle Rote Jr. say howdy from our Astrodome!

16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I don't know how you get into a "win to get in" tournament.....
    without first winning. Here.

And they were playing in front of stacked houses at the Rob that first year. No.

What CCC did was add more topping bricks to build the legend and the expectations. That he and the ownership then deviated from.

El Naranja and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  18. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I can wait. We're gonna get sh*thoused. I don't see how anyone can have any other realistic expectations. Tigres is really really good.

Borrachin repped this.
  19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tigres is indeed powerful right now.

I just want to keep it respectable at home and then see what our team has as far as guts factor when challenged on the road down in Nuevo Leon.

Your boy Canetti tho Westie!

20. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 homen oss...maybe 2-1 loss if we're lucky....bombed 3-0 at least down there.

21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our boys defeated Santos 1-0 with a Brad Davis strike late on in March of 2013 CCL play. In the ida. To witness Hercules Gomez score for Santos a week later in la vuelta. So we can indeed win at home as past results show, but then that return leg in Mexico though. Pachuca and Santos matches speak of a big task!

22. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got a result at Pumas.

And 2013 Dynamo > 2019 Dynamo (so far)

23. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure did!
    IIRC that 4-4 away result at Pumas, is the first time any MLS team took points on the road in Mexico. See, this is just another significant feather in our cap. What our club has in MLS history that other MLS clubs can only hope to create. Well, our team has a lot of firsts. Winning our first trophy in the first season is special, but who else can say their MLS team or even EPL team won their first trophy on the home ground of their eternal rival?!?
    And thinking more of that Pumas away game, didn't Craig Waibel bag 2 goals that night, Kamara scoring the other 2 as well. Man, seems light years ago, that era of our team's culture/makeup.

24. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was indeed Him who bagged a brace. Praise be to Waibel.

25. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Pffft. I remember him being responsible for quite a few as well, and I count 3 from the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Ut9RL9f861I

What I will give him credit for is people like to talk vaguely about "good going forward" but he had a 5 goal season our first year (like Boswell later did) and several multi-point seasons. So there is tangibility, though as he aged it had to be offset against complete lack of foot speed.

For example, Beasley, good for maybe an assist or goal a year, or AJ, who I assume is in the lineup for passing and crossing despite poor defense and gone legs -- and the attacking reality of 7 assists in like 10 seasons.