Alert: CanadaGooner, HoMeat, Jeff L, Antifan, and Leepyswetr's Wild Adventure 2010

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by HomeatHighbury, Jul 18, 2010.

1. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hey guys, HoMeat right now. Arrived into Vienna this morning via Munich and met up with CanadaGooner and two others, Theo and his dad, not from the board, but from Boston Gooners. Made the drive down here to Bad Waltersdorf and are relaxing until things get into high gear tomorrow. Jeff L, Antifan, and Leepyswetr get in and the whole gang will be here.

Goonerbob here. Came in a day early to do some recon and somehow was able to conjure up a whooping great thunderstorm to clear the hot sweaty weather for a little while anyway. Beautiful day in Bad Waltersdorf, wish you were here.

Theo here. I know you guys don't know who I am, but since Nick (HoMeat) left Boston to go back to Virginia I am now co-running the Boston branch. It's my first preseason and my first time in Austria and I'm already stunned. It's an honor to me to be out here and have the chance to attend a couple matches and training session of the Arsenal, it's like a dream come true to me. Have always been a hardcore Gooner and always will be. I wish every Arsenal fan (especially from America) can experience what I'm about to experience. Go Gunners!

[​IMG]

2. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    have fun boys.

3. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
  4. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome! I'm living vicariously through your Facebook pages...

5. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    Aww, man. Wish I was there.

6. MyArsenal45

MyArsenal45 New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep the pictures coming

7. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wheres the like button on this...

8. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    In....always look forward to reading this thread, and seeing the photo's.

All the best lads.

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to have true Gunner on the ground reporting on important facts. Like AW taking the bike to the grounds, who won't sign the banner, and the pints consumed in the VIP tents and pubs around Austria!:D

10. ithacat

ithacat Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ithaca, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor bastards... :(

11. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to the updates guys! Have fun and be safe. Drink lots of HC for me! :D

12. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Have fun gents! Say hello to the Von Trapps for me. Or should I say "So long, farewell..."

13. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The legit von Trapp family actually moved to Vermont and established the "Trapp Family Lodge" in Stowe. I actually played soccer with one of the von Trapp kids growing up.

14. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Hahaha yeah! Funny how I found out about that a couple years ago. I was riding up there and during one our, shall I say, "puff puff give" session breaks, a guy was like, "Yo, you know that Sound of Music family lives up here?" Classic.

15. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The whole group is assembled...but still missing Judy until this weekend! No training today since the team doesn't arrive for another 15 minutes, so tomorrow you'll have your training pictures.

Off for dinner and then drinks at the Blue Room. More tomorrow.

[​IMG]

16. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Haha yeah. Vermont is good for that ;)

Even our mountains look like giant nuggets

[​IMG]

Sorry for derailing the thread...Continue

17. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vermont rocks. Two of my dad's siblings live just outside of Randolph.

18. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I have fond memories of summer trips to Lake St Catherine.

19. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    Didn't you watch the sequel? They were actually Nazi sympathizers.

20. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    My grandmother once played piano with them there. :D

Gruß Gott, gang!

21. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    That's so lame Dude...........How old are you?:confused:

You sound like you are sixteen........

..............going on seventeen.;):D

22. Roscoe P Coldchain

Sep 14, 2004
    Westside St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Have fun up there!

23. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Morning Training Update! Yay!

HoMeat here:

So we all recovered from last night...kind of. Good night at the Blue Room and then some strippers showed up, so that was a nice touch. Training this morning in the heat and no Eduardo, so he must be gone. Chamakh looks good and Eboue, Theo, Arshavin, Nasri, Vermaelen had good morning sessions.

Got the banner signed by Chamakh, Nasri...kind of....and Theo. Back for the afternoon training soon around 5pm our time.

leepyswetr:

Eventful day today, as rumor has it that there will be several additional arrivals to training this evening or in the morning. Chamakh looked good, especially his glorious lavendar and orange boots. Nasri had the audacity to attempt to sign the flag directly adjacent to Bergkamp's signature, causing the pen, which Chamakh had just used, to immediately run dry. Nasri challenged the legend, and failed.

I support the green-wearing Arsenal, and will not change allegiances for less than 220,000 a week. The yellow squad was quite a bit more successful over the course of 6 scrimmages, including a basketball/football mashup, winning 4 and drawing 1.

Jeff L: First training session. Everyone seems to be in good spirits. Both on the training pitch and in the stands. All the "Arsenal America" after the first night in the "Blue Room" "reported for duty" the next day ! :) Weather great, Bad Waltersdorf great as ever. All in all, so far, all is good ! Off to Graz tomorrow for the first game. Second training session in 3 hours. Back for that. Spoke with A.W., and he seems "up for the fight" Good vibes for this season. Riding his bike up and down to training. Good signing and photo session with the squad this morning. All looks good for the rest of the trip.
    P.S. If anyone knows how to open up the sun roof on a BMW Z4 please contact "Antifan" a.k.a. J.P. :D

24. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  25. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC