Canada vs. Guadeloupe 6-11-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 8, 2011.

1. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Canada has forgotten about the goal difference issue. We now depend on the US to score three past Panama (so we can tie to avoid playing Mex and US in the quarters).

2. SocaWarrior23

SocaWarrior23 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    College Park MD
    I kinda think canada is missing Ian Hume. I feel like they have no one to link passes do you guys think Pedro Pacheco can play the #10 for this team?

3. devioustrevor

devioustrevor Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Napanee, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Canada played like crap today though. Other than Josh Simpson and DDR out on each wing Canada was far too indecisive going forward. It was like Johnson (who was mostly invisible for the game), JDG and Dunfield were trying to find ways forward that would allow Canada to walk the ball into the net.

We need more decisiveness going forward. Jackson showed a definite willingness to attack so perhaps he needs to start vs. Panama.

We really seem to miss guys like Radzinski and Hume. Forwards that can get the ball deep and run at defenders to create chances.

My opinion is that Josh Simpson was easily the best player on the field tonight.

4. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Im at work so i followed the game on my phone but it looks to me based on stats that canadagot offence going but couldn't hit the net ATALL. Lucky we got a PK

5. winster

winster Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal differential could really kill Canada, especially if they finish 3rd. All the other teams are putting a ton of goals past their bottom teams. If El Salvador beats Cuba by 4 or 5 goals, there will be a lot of pressure on Canada

6. devioustrevor

devioustrevor Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Napanee, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That's basically what happened. Just all kinds of possession. Almost like Barcelona in the Champions League final, but the final pass was letting Canada down. As soon as we got the ball near the box our Midfielders seemed unsure what to do.

7. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Canada was not very good. Bringing in Kluka was smart. Resting Hutch was smart. Keeping Ledgerwood on was not smart.

Simpson is still too isolated on the wing. Jackson did great when he came on. Rob Friend never needs to play again. We NEED to sign Hoilett and JDG2 if at all possible. Borjan is a great GK.

Lucky lucky Panama beat USA, and a tie just might be enough for a best third place spot. Based on this game we are NOT going to beat Panama. So a tie would be good enough....

@ Soca Warrior: I agree - we are missing Iain Hume, who is superior to Pedro Pacheco and Rob Friend.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Canada was not that good but they did what they had to do for the three points. That has to be commended especially since I thought they would lose. :p

9. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Homie is correct. Canada was not that good. I am guessing because Hutch and Jackson were out....maybe. De Ro needs them on the field to play off because he doesn't link with Simpson much ever.

GDB is athletic as hell! Tactics suck, but they are strong, confident guys. USA will beat them as they are more disciplined, but GDB will give them a run for their money. They are competitive guys, GDB I mean, but the last game should be a loosey-goosey game for them and for that reason, dangerous to USA.

USA to win 3-1.

10. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgQhx5nwfQk"]CONCACAF Gold Cup 2011 Canada 1-0 Guadeloupe - Highlights 11/06/2011[/ame]