Canada-Jamaica (WCQ) 08/20/08 Pre-PBP-Post Game (R)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hodgkiss, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what you mean by "own", but I don't think that Canada can regularly defeat the United States and Mexico at this point. They can beat them on their day, but then again, I don't know what "own" means.

2. Jogakanata

Jogakanata New Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Yeah man own sounds very disrespectful to the countries that take pride in this shit.

3. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think when he says "own" he means we can tool anyone in Concacaf.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't even know what that means. Does that mean Canada can beat the others in any game? If so I would agree. "Own" seems to me to imply something like the domination the US has shown over Mexico. While on paper Mexico has a better team, the US has "owned" the results over the past odd decade.

5. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, the last game I saw in the Gold Cup final (which should've been a Canada-Mexico final but that debate is for another day), Mexico out played USA for the most part. The Americans did battle back though to come from behind and take the game late.

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US hasn't lost to Mexico in how long? Results are what matters no? I already said Mexico had better talent on paper, and has even outplayed the US. Would you rather have Canada outplay the US and lose, or get outplayed and win?

7. hodgkiss

hodgkiss New Member

May 21, 2006
    Toronto
    well both have happened so i would like to think we outplay the usa AND win. i think the usa team is getting weaker by the year and the canadian team just keeps getting stronger.

we will be the strongest team in concacaf in the next few years. with a world cup 2010 birth and a gold cup win in 2009, the world will see.

and i'm calling a quarter final finish at the 2014 world cup

8. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I admire your ambition. Somebody make him mod.:D I think we can be a strong team in Concacaf as well. I'm just waiting for that golden boy right now to come through the Toronto FC youth ranks. It's not a question of if, but a matter of when.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if Canada can survive their current group, that will go a long way to saying that it deserves to be one of the big boys of Concacaf.

10. hodgkiss

hodgkiss New Member

May 21, 2006
    Toronto
    as far as i'm concerned... right now, there are only 2 big boys mexico and usa - that is until we prove to everyone else that we will be number one in a few years time. all the rest move up as easily as they move down...