Can you lock out old threads???

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 30King, Jan 27, 2014.

1. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Just saw a thread that was four year old (four years between two posts), get resurrected.

Can you guys put an auto lock or a time out option on threads, say 6 months??

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be opposed to such ideas. Sometimes, there are legit cases to bump an old thread. If you think a thread was bumped without a good reason, you could always report it.

Knave repped this.
  3. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I bumped a Robinho vs. Messi thread that had been dormant for over 6 years a few months ago. Valid IMO.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously, I haven't seen that thread, but IMO, the older the thread, the better the reason should be. I'm still a believer in the fact that fewer threads=better navigation, though.

La Trucha repped this.
  5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    There are too many redundant threads as it is. If you need to start a topic, always do a search first to see if there's already a thread on that, and post in there. It doesn't matter if it's been dormant for years.

La Trucha and dark knight repped this.
  6. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope resurrecting this thread is appropriate use of this forum, but I have to say I agree with this statement.

I agree with this statement too, but I am wondering if this is the official site policy on posting in dormant threads?

The reason I am asking is because some moderators in other threads do not follow this policy.