Can Pardew get this squad to climb?

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by hartley, Nov 4, 2008.

1. hartley

hartley Member

It's hard for me to say, since I don't get to see them play. I can only check the scores.

So, talk it up boys. Can we stay up? I think so. Can we climb into contention? I don't think so. At least not this season.

Maybe Alan needs to go with some young pups and put it all on the line every week.

Thoughts?

2. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi hartley, how have you been?

All I see are news reports so it is hard to say. I hope to get to the valley sometime in the new year.

3. hartley

hartley Member

Doug,

Good to see your comments here.

Well, a lot has happened to me in the past few years. Most recently, I am a divorced man. Let me put it this way -- I was the good spouse.

Anyway, I am still attending Wizards games when I can. And I sometimes root for the Fire.

I try to keep track of the Addicks online. But it can be tough.

I do think Pardew is a good manager. But I'm not sure he has his type of players here. I think he might be trying to make due for the time being. I mean, Matt Holland has been a good servant and all, but he was never Premiership material. And we have others in the same category. I just would hate to see the club drop another division. Hello, Leeds United. It would be like starting all over again.

At the same time, I think it might be a few seasons before the club will be able to have the right players in position to move up.

Great to touch base with you again. I will be back on this and the Wizards board more regularly again.

Later.

4. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that the team operated under strict financial rules to not be in the situation they are in? Without an investor going down another division might be a possibility.

Matty might not be prem material anymore, the squad needs to get the spirit back.

Can you believe it was 5 years ago this week that the Addicks were sitting 4th in the table riding the wave to the boxing day victory over Chelsea?