Can Football Management And Fantasy Be Combined?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Burczymucha, May 3, 2012.

1. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hello,
    I have quite a tricky conceptual problem: can management and fantasy be combined? I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Let's start from the beginning. I've tried both, and found them unsatisfactory eventually (the FM part took a decade or so, but that's a different story). Now I've decided to take things in my own hands and I'm trying to create simple games that combine the best parts of each one, or - in other words - create a bridge between gaming and what you see on the telly. Which are said best parts?

Management:
    long-term planning
    complex financial model
    laws of supply and demand
    realistic team selection
    in-depth performance analysis

Fantasy:
    real-life results and career paths
    pure multiplayer

The links are below in case you're interested in more details of my attempt to create such a game. But more importantly, I'd love to hear whether you see any conceptual problems. I suspect there are some I can't quite see.
    Cheers,
    Daniel

PS
    My result so far:
    All-Europe Football
    Introduction to finances:
    Introduction to scoring:
    Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?pli=1&key=0AvqIcA7i9Q8CdEJEeUp6cDZpRDFKa1dLUXhySHZBUmc&gid=4
    League forum: http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?board=1616.0

2. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We're currently around 20 people, but up to 100 people could take part (in which case you'd be limited to one team each). I'll be travelling to the Olympic Games, thus the official kick-off is August 12.

3. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think that is a great idea. Everybody should check it out!!!

4. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    (Scratch that, turns out in France they're kicking off on August 11.)

Our game has started! You can still join.

5. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Join quick guys.

6. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Looks interesting, good luck!

7. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thank you, I'll need some too: we're still warming up and it's looking promising with 12-15 active users per country, but reaching 16 at some point would be absolutely awesome!

Btw, re your signature: did you finally go to Poland? How was it? As a Pole, I'm really curious!

8. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This would probably be the last moment to join before January, as the transfer window closes in 2 weeks. We're 95% full, but I should manage to squeeze you in if interested. If you want to know more, contact me at ProFSL. I won't be coming back here.

Again, in short: it's a web of major European football competitions. Allows every user to own up to 1 team per country. The competitions are the top divisions in England, Spain, Italy, Germany, and France. Separate player universe per country, allowing for easy scoring according to the national calendar. Countries connected by international transfers and loans, Champions League, and Europa League. Bonus: head-to-head League Cup and FA Cup. International and national transfers, international and national loans, free agents. Transfer fees, loan fees, signing fees. Every team has its budget (the vault), from which both fees (deducted once) and salaries of the players (deducted every 6 months) are paid. When buying a player, an understanding has to be reached between both teams (resulting in a transfer fee), as well as between the player and his new club (resulting in a new contract). All team rosters built from scratch.

I also made two video tutorials, maybe they can help:
    Finances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJRvHOw0YY
    Scoring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To2Wr0f50uY

9. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As we are nearing the January transfer window, this would be a good moment to come and join us!
    If interested, please sign up at ProFSL. We have a couple of openings in each country.

Denis Horan repped this.
  10. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Openings as the January transfer window approaches:
    • Portsmouth, West Ham, Sunderland
    • Evian, St. Etienne, Nantes
    • Bayern Munich, Gladbach
    • Getafe, Villarreal
    • AC Milan, Chievo

11. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Update on availibilities:

Evian, Nantes
    maybe HSV
    maybe ManCity
    Getafe
    Chievo

12. Burczymucha

Burczymucha New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We're nearing season 2! Here comes a quick reminder:

In All-Europe Football we have five separate leagues for the five major European soccer competitions:
    [​IMG]

Contracts up to 5 years, transfers, loans, Champions League, all that jazz:
    [​IMG]

Season 2 starts this summer, with the additions of a second division in England and Fantrax scoring. Interested in at least 1 country? Sign up here:
    http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=51155.0

Denis Horan repped this.