Can Brazil leave some points behind ?

Discussion in 'Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon' started by PanchoM, Dec 9, 2013.

1. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    #51 cromagnum, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Haha keep trolling serb while you watch us in the World Cup:)

Waliatiger repped this.
  2. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    When Croatia was down a man and up 1 goal against Iceland you can tell there was some nerves. Kovacic basically said don't worry i got this guys and took the game over in the second half with some amazing dribbling displays which i have not seen since the legendary Prosinecki. Pretty impressive for a 19 year old kid in a pressure packed game.

3. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    I do not underestimate Croatia. Your team is pretty solid. Mandzukic is a beast for Bayern. Brasil vs Croatia will be an interesting opener. I remeber the 2006 match. It was a tough drag out match. I am in the camp the group we got will not be an easy one. Which means no slacking off. Croatia and Mexcio will be two tough mathces against us. I do not see us getting 9 points at all. It will be no picnic. Rakitic is scary good. I agree with you. I dont underestiamte Croatia at all. My post was concerning mexico. Historically they always give us problems. Croatia I beleive will be a tough bout. Your team is pretty stacked.

4. Nicola777

Nicola777 Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Your message was really a pleasure to read especially from someone that comes from the football temple!
    Brazil is the clear favorite, i'll never deny that, much better team overall, impressive defense, more experience, we have only 4-5 players that can challenge yours Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic, Srna and Olic knowing super Mario won't be there...
    i'm especially scared about our left back...but i know that in a good evening we can compete with any team of the world, we have proved it several times and we will prove it again...just can't say if we will at this time : )

5. Claudio

Claudio New Member

May 3, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As long as Brazil can handle the pressure they should be able to sweep this group pretty easily. I could see a draw against maybe Croatia or even Mexico as Brazil has had trouble against Mexico in the past.

6. lucio souza

lucio souza Member

Feb 17, 2014
    BRAZIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My beloved Brazil hasn't lost a official game at home since September 1975, a string of 57 games. Almost 39 years. I hope we keep umbeatable at home but it will be hard this time around.

7. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The schedule certainly makes it less likely that Brazil will drop points. Brazil will an extra day of rest against both Mexico and Cameroon, the only side in this World Cup with that advantage against two of its group phase opponents. Teams in the last five World Cups with that advantage have 16 wins, 7 draws and only one loss.

8. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Brazil wont lose in the first round, but I expect a draw. A slow start.

9. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007

Za Dom Spremni !!! Ajmo Hrvatska!!

Waliatiger repped this.
  10. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Robben will finish the mess in the round of 16. Brazil has too much pressure for too young shoulders and questionable team depth.

11. Wolfie65

Wolfie65 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    The last time I saw Brazil play was in the Gold Cup, I think, and what they did there wasn't overly impressive. One hopes, for their sake, that things have changed for the better. They can't look past Croatia, they're a scrappy little team and quite capable of a surprise or two. Home field advantage ought to be H U G E, though.

12. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For the homeland ready! Isn't that what Simunic said that got him suspended ole Ustase.

13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is indeed..

14. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    That chant is over 400 years old and has been said by the fans at every Croatia game since it's independence from Yugoslavia. It is a nationalistic chant and it wiil be chanted by the fans at the game today.

15. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Look, it doesn't really interest how old that chant is or whatever. It was misused by fascists and so is burnt. Look what the fascists in germany did to our anthem (we nowadays can only sing the 3rd part).

Despite going back to strong nationalistic tendences and traditions (look in how many wars that brought your country the last 150 years) you should develop your own identity.

Brainless fools.

PanchoM repped this.
  16. lucio souza

lucio souza Member

Feb 17, 2014
    BRAZIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  17. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Whatever you say. Za dom
    Spremni is perfectly legal in Croatia. That chant will always be a part of our cultural. For this who don't like it to freakin bad.

18. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yea man I have no problem with patriotism or pride of country. Especially the aggression the Croatian people fought against In the early 90s against the villainous greater Serbia Chetniks. Croatia fought bravely and proudly and took back their land. But when you go over board and celebrate butchers Ustashi and ultra/nationalists then I tend to be turned off lol.

Yes I understand the chant is pre ww2 but it gets a bad wrap because it's negative associations. Kinda like the swasitka was an ancient Sanskrit symbol and now it's a symbol for nazi hate.

Having said all that I like Croatia I have been to Croatia (beautiful country's friendly people)and i like the talent on your team good luck today.

PanchoM and Dage repped this.
  19. Marcelo11

Marcelo11 New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    FC Porto
  20. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be easy when the referees give Brazil every single call like that.

Brazil should be ashamed. Personally, I started this match a Brazil fan. Now I am rooting against you. If Brazil relies on the officials, yes they will leave points behind.

lucio souza repped this.
  21. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Homefield advantage exists in all sports. Check the numbers on the last two winter Olympics.

22. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not if the envelopes are thick enough.

Wessoman repped this.
  23. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a difference between homefield advantage and blatant refereeing skullduggery. I haven't seen anything this bad since Korea's preferential treatment in the 2002 World Cup.

24. lucio souza

lucio souza Member

Feb 17, 2014
    BRAZIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You may be right, but what did Croatia did? Not a single goal. And you think the refree fixed the game? What game have you see?

25. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This

[​IMG]

is demoralizing and disgusting. It would defeat even the best of teams. If you know your opponent has an automatic win because they're on home soil, what would you do?