Campeones Cup

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by SabreKhan, Aug 14, 2019.

1. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He literally has no idea what he's talking about. The law changes made no difference. If there is a three man or greater wall, opponents must remain 1 meter away. He's just making non sense up. You could always set up and defend the way they were.

Also displayed more idiocy about cards to coaches. Cards were never shown to coaches before the law change on June 1st. They were just warned or dismissed with no cards shown.

https://www.theifab.com/laws

VFish repped this.
  2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Thanks, he certainly had me confused. I knew about the wall, but thought I was missing something.

3. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yay. Now rest up for a game that matters and please tell me Escobar won't be out long.

When the next Pity Martinez says he wants to come to ATL to win the Campeones Cup, then I'll truly care about it.

4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hyndman troubled them all evening. Kann... well, we have Guz.

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just want the next Pity to say he wants to come to ATL. We're starting to look like we used to, and I hope South America recognizes that.

6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Hopefully Escobar is probably fine (as he didn't take a knock, just tweaked his hamstring) and we did manage to pull off the win with 5 players getting rotated out of the lineup. I didn't put much stock in this trophy, but we did win and players got some rest. They also looked pretty stoked about the victory in the post match celebration. I think even Pity was out there celebrating with his wife and daughter.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  7. Mabee

Mabee Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 26, 2017
    The offensive team can no longer stand in the wall is the only one I know of. But I don’t get why that caused America to put a guy on each post.

8. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    According to Jason Longshore on 92.9 The Game, Escobar's injury does not sound too serious. He says Franco felt a slight twitch in his hamstring and FdB pulled him immediately. We will see if he is ready to go on Sunday.

9. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we can rest Franco regardless...

———Josef——Pity—————
    —————-Barco——————
    Meram-Nagbe-Remedi-Gressel
    —-Pogba—Miles—LGP———
    —————Guzan——————

Bench:
    Kann
    Parkhurst
    Bello (Meram)
    Larentowicz
    Hyndman (Nagbe)
    Pereira
    Villalba (Pity)

10. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So long as it's nothing long-term. I'm all for rotation and think the team should be able to compete against most any team with any 1 player taking a break. Main thin was fear over a serious issue. I had fears of Josef aggregating his adductor, or worse.

11. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I really didn’t think that we would win this game. I was thinking that at some point America would dominate the game. That did happen for a stretch in the first half, but we weathered the storm and went toe to toe with them. Does this game matter? I think it does. It is huge for team moral, fan moral, and it keeps setting the tradition of winning. Bring on all challengers. I can’t wait to win US Open Cup.

Eleven Bravo and Auriaprottu repped this.
  12. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    GunnerJacket repped this.
  13. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I poo-poo'ed this game. Called it a glorified friendly. But both teams took it seriously so this trophy does mean something. The players obviously took it seriously. Reflecting, I think you are right and there is new silverware in the trophy case;

Eleven Bravo repped this.