Campeonato Ecuatoriano 2012

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Ladic, Feb 4, 2012.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Independiente will be playing a Copa Sudamericana in 2013 and Liga de Loja will be participating in their 2nd Copa Sudamericana after having a performance superior to Barcelona, Emelec, and D.Quito. Loja was on the verge of knocking out the team that is now playing the FINAL of the Copa Sudamericana. Had Loja not scored an own goal on themselves in Loja, they would have gone to Quarter Finals in their first participation EVER in one of these international tournaments and possibly gone farther. That's a team that's given opportunities to a rejected player like Pedro Larrea who left Liga, and even Eder Vaca last season (2011). It's a team that gave playing time to players like Uchuari since he was 17 yrs old and Feraud since he was 19-20 years old. The difference between Larrea & Vaca vs. Uchuari & Feraud is that the latter two play in a team that consistently gives them opportunities and has never given up on them. Liga gave up on Larrea and D.Quito and Liga both gave up on Vaca- to the point where he didn't get his opportunity at the right moment in his career which has caused him to struggle. ALONG with his bad decisions when choosing where to play --> that's a big one. That's why i criticize players like Velasco and even Penilla who actually leave a team where they are given playing time 99% of the time (in velasco's case) and possibly a chance to start next season (in penilla's case).

I never saw Palacios, Orlindo, Zura, gregory gonzales, or mike rodriguez as fantastic upcoming players. Maybe the ecuadorian media did, but i sure didn't. If you compare the players we have on the come up now to these guys you just mentioned, it almost feels like we're talking about an entirely different league. The guys on the come up now are on another level. With experience playing a U-17 Qualifier and World Cup. U-20 Qualifier and WC. It's a different generation of players in ecuadorian futbol where the talent is in front of our noses, but some club teams don't like giving the young guys an opportunity...or even worse- they let go of the players and allow them to make dumb decision like play for a team where they won't get opportunities to get on the field. The media knows it, but they're just quick to point it out when they see a player like Penilla score after not playing all season. But earlier in the season, i didn't hear them say a thing about "why isn't penilla playing". Just an example.

The good thing that i'll have to point out about barcelona is that i heard Costas will make the final decision about which of the new signed players will stay and who will be loaned out. The best organized teams loan out the young guys and bring them back later when the more experienced guys leave (whether these young guys are brought up in the club or purchased is another thing). But that's really smart. They're thinking in the future and want longevity