Camp Cupcake: Jan 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by keller4president, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Heck I was criticizing Bradley for being defensively inept back when it wasn't cool.

And I've been saying since it wasn't cool either that Pulisic is not the guy to carry the team.

All I get is boo-hiss until I'm once again proved correct.

2. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    This is just ignorant. The real issue is that Arena didnt rely on him enough. If he had played centrally the whole time, we would have made it to the world cup.

He was a kid who carried the team when he was given a chance. People like to focus on T&T, but those September games were dreadful.

3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I remember you saying so at the time. Good call. As far as Pulisic goes, I never commentn on him anymore because he has been stuck in one of those weird club situations. He'll get to Chelsea where I believe he will get more p.t. than many realize because there is a transfer ban on Chelsea. While I'll give Suyuntuy the call on Trinidad, I"ll point out that yours truly :cool: was one of the few who said Pulisic should have moved last summer while all the "experts" in the media were talking about how good it would be for Pulisic to stay at Dortmund - only to cry bitter tears when he hit the bench and watched while Sancho rocked. I think it turned out ok for Pulisic anyway, so it's all good.

4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    we agreed there. Klinsmann didn't move Bradley to CAM because he thought he was a creative force. He did it because he didn't trust his defense ever since Brazil v. USA in Columbia, Md. left Klinsamnn speechless, Klinsmann having played a 433 with Bradley at the 6.

Patrick167 repped this.
  5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    And has McKennie proved he doesn't belong with this "embarrassment"?